Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Yaoi & Yuri Recommendations

Started by Constance, August 21, 2009, 10:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

So. I recently got the Loudest Whisper and Naughty But Nice mangas from a local comic book store (Lee's Comics in San Mateo). It seems that while most of the local bookstores carry manga, they don't carry yaoi and/or yuri.

Overall, I liked Loudest Whisper better than Naughty But Nice. This is true for the volumes as whole works, and the stories them selves. Both mangas had chapters 1 through 3 of their title series.

At this comic store, I found a fair about of sexually explicit manga, but most of it was over-the-top (bukkake, so-called ">-bleeped-<" hentai and the like).

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd recommend Loudest Whisper for yaoi.

Just Kate

I always wondered, what is the appeal?  Why Yuri/Yaoi specifically?  Are heterosexual relationships too normal and these fans need an extra kick?  I never quite got it.
Ill no longer be defined by my condition. From now on, I'm just, Kate.

http://autumnrain80.blogspot.com
  •  

Constance

For my part, finding stories heterosexual relationships is commonplace. I'm bisexual, and I enjoy reading about "the others," so to speak. It can be tough to find good quality BGLT stories, and that's the purpose of my thread here, to see if others had found good quality stuff.

Shana

Oh goodness.. lets see..

Loveless - Yun Kouga
Black Knight -Kai Tsurugi
Call me Princess - Tomoko Taniguchi
Princess Prince - Tomoko Tanigichi

I would have to look in on the e-bay pile to see the ones we are getting rid of.
My SO is crazy for them.

Then there is AOI house.. not exactly yaoi, but a funny circumstance, harem sort of read.

Itadakemasu!!
  •  

Dominic

Well, the yaoi manga Fake, by Sanami Matoh is really good, as is Yellow, by Makoto Tateno. However, neither of those is very sexually explicit. If you want a lot of graphic scenes, you could try Crimson Spell, which has a great plot in addition to all the sex. :D
"In this day and age, some turn 18 and think they're a man or a woman and that's it, but that's just not true. You have to establish your manhood or your womanhood with actions."
-Orlando McGuire
  •  

Constance