Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What are you watching??

Started by Laura91, September 17, 2009, 11:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~RoadToTrista~

Bing-watching anime online for free! ^.^ I'm now completely caught up to the English dub of Naruto Shippuden, so now I have to wait every Saturday for them to make a new one instead of just watching several in a row. -.-" I was thinking about going through the entire series of the original Naruto, I skipped everything except for the Finding Tsunade arc and the last arc so I could pick off from somewhere and sample Shippuden, and then I got obsessed with Shippuden and completely ignored the first series. >.< Oh well, I'm gonna move onto One Piece instead. Already binge-watched like 6-7 episodes of it starting with the first. ^.^

Quote from: Shaina on November 05, 2013, 03:43:52 PM
Tangled! I love Disney movies no matter how sexist, racist, homophobic and all around intolerant they are!

Can't....look....away....

What's intolerant about Tangled?????? :P
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on November 06, 2013, 11:23:48 PM
Bing-watching anime online for free! ^.^ I'm now completely caught up to the English dub of Naruto Shippuden, so now I have to wait every Saturday for them to make a new one instead of just watching several in a row. -.-" I was thinking about going through the entire series of the original Naruto, I skipped everything except for the Finding Tsunade arc and the last arc so I could pick off from somewhere and sample Shippuden, and then I got obsessed with Shippuden and completely ignored the first series. >.< Oh well, I'm gonna move onto One Piece instead. Already binge-watched like 6-7 episodes of it starting with the first. ^.^

What is the difference between shippuden and the original? I've only watched the original... though I stopped somewhere around epi 150 (+/- 30 or something).
~ Tarah ~

•  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: kabit on November 07, 2013, 06:52:23 AM
What is the difference between shippuden and the original? I've only watched the original... though I stopped somewhere around epi 150 (+/- 30 or something).

Shippuden is 2-3 years after the original; all the main kid characters are 15-16 instead of 12-13, and most are redesigned to some extent. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, but I like it better.
  •  

Natalia

Star Trek The Next Generation - episode: The Outcast!

Great ST episode related to transexualism!

The Enterprise meets a race of androgynous people and one of them wants to turn from androgyne to female, but her society can't allow that!
  •  

KabitTarah

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on November 07, 2013, 01:33:54 PM
Shippuden is 2-3 years after the original; all the main kid characters are 15-16 instead of 12-13, and most are redesigned to some extent. Otherwise it's pretty much the same, but I like it better.

All my favorites are those coming-of-age, kid makes it and becomes the best sort of anime/manga... (the good ones, mind - Pokémon trainers need not apply). My favorites: Hikaru No Go (I play go at ~1d... or used to, anyway), Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, Yakitate!! Japan, among others (just the ones I could remember off hand).

I don't really keep up with anime & manga, though... I don't download as much crap from the internet anymore ;).
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shaina

Quote from: Natalia on November 07, 2013, 02:42:00 PM
Star Trek The Next Generation - episode: The Outcast!

Great ST episode related to transexualism!

The Enterprise meets a race of androgynous people and one of them wants to turn from androgyne to female, but her society can't allow that!

THAT is why I'm a trekkie :)
I was a child and she was a child   
    In this kingdom by the sea:   
But we loved with a love that was more than love—
    I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

Jessica Merriman

•  

CalmRage

The Three Doctors (Doctor Who)
  •  

MadeleineG

•  

Shaina

I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

CalmRage

The Earls Court footage from "Led Zeppelin DVD", including the acoustic set.

ACOUSTIC SET
1.Going To California
2.That's The Way
3.Bron Yr-Aur Stomp
ELECTRIC SET
4.In My Time Of Dying
5.Trampled Underfoot
6.Stairway To Heaven

•  

King Malachite

.Dateline : To Catch a Predator. Greenville, Ohio 2 (part 5) .
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Natalia

I am searching and watching movies related to transgenders this week, but so far could only watch Breakfast on Pluto, Normal and the Mudge Boy. Any recommendations?
  •  

KabitTarah

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
~ Tarah ~

•  

Shaina

Quote from: Natalia on November 16, 2013, 10:20:47 AM
I am searching and watching movies related to transgenders this week, but so far could only watch Breakfast on Pluto, Normal and the Mudge Boy. Any recommendations?

I have a couple suggestions, though a Google search would be more helpful than I:

The Crying Game-great award-winning film oddly involving the IRA and unrequited love.
A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story-Lifetime movie that's sad but based on a true story.
Boys Don't Cry-Another sad lifetime film about the life and death of Brandon Teena.
Different for Girls-My favorite, a British film about school boys that fall in love after one becomes a woman.
Transamerica-A comedy in which a trans woman discovers she fathered a son and they go on a road trip.

I and my Annabel Lee
  •  

Natalia

Quote from: Shaina on November 17, 2013, 05:17:34 AM
I have a couple suggestions, though a Google search would be more helpful than I:

The Crying Game-great award-winning film oddly involving the IRA and unrequited love.
A Girl Like Me: The Gwen Araujo Story-Lifetime movie that's sad but based on a true story.
Boys Don't Cry-Another sad lifetime film about the life and death of Brandon Teena.
Different for Girls-My favorite, a British film about school boys that fall in love after one becomes a woman.
Transamerica-A comedy in which a trans woman discovers she fathered a son and they go on a road trip.

Thank you =D I will search and watch!

Yesterday I watched The Skin I live in and the last half of the movie was really great. I envy Vincent for getting a full perfect transformation for free and actually I wouldn't mind living in a locked room like the one in the movie (I am a crazy girl, right?) XD
  •  

KabitTarah

Transgeneration is a good documentary, too. Not strictly a movie... but it will keep you busy for ~15 hours.
~ Tarah ~

•  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Natalia on November 16, 2013, 10:20:47 AM

Tomboy is wonderful.
  •  

KabitTarah

So... I watched Butch Cassidy. It took me two days because I was triggering off it, of all things (yeah - there are basically 2 girls in the movie).

Yesterday I watched Mona Lisa Smile. Hardly anything... except for one scene where Joan - Julia Stiles - talks about how it's her choice to give up going to Yale Law so she can become a homemaker... and that she won't regret it because that is what she wants. (I identified with that).

It's weird. I feel like I can't watch or do anything lately. Sorry to be a downer ;)
~ Tarah ~

•  

King Malachite

2 Timothy Chapter 4 Expository Study .
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •