Quote from: Laura Squirrel on February 14, 2014, 06:08:09 PM
Get Along Gang "That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles"

Do you ever watch anything else? :P
Manchester United diehard fan.
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Mr Hockey on February 14, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

She occasionally watches Tenchi Universe.  ::)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Mr Hockey on February 14, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

*giggles* I was wondering when someone was going to ask me that.

The answer is: No. I play the Get Along Gang on a continuous loop at least twice a week. :D

I'm kidding. Sure, I watch other things. But it's a very small amount relative to what is out there.

I hate 90% of television and film.

But as far as the Get Along Gang is concerned..it does bum me out that they only went for one season. If it could of lasted for 3 seasons, that would have been perfect, but, oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Yeah....I went there. ;D

That's one reason I love writing the fanfics so much. It's my little way of bringing it back. If only I could make it into an actual cartoon. That would be sooooooo awesome! ;D
  •  

Adria

I have recently gotten myself hooked on breaking bad I'm into season 4 now and just can't find a way to walk away yet lol
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on February 14, 2014, 07:29:37 PM
That's one reason I love writing the fanfics so much. It's my little way of bringing it back. If only I could make it into an actual cartoon. That would be sooooooo awesome! ;D

Kickstarter, Laura. Kickstarter  :D
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Qwynne on February 14, 2014, 08:39:27 PM
Kickstarter, Laura. Kickstarter  :D

If I tried that, I would probably just use one of my original fics. America Greetings would be a monumental pain in the ass when it comes to clearance for the Get Along Gang characters. They already squashed one project like that. But to be honest, that project REALLY...REALLY..SUCKED.

Really...

It was sooooo bad. I thought to myself: "Jeez, I could blow these people away." I know that I could. But again...legal crap would get in the way.

So, that's where the original stuff comes into the picture. I would probably do a cartoon based around Erica & Patricia Porcupine (a couple of sisters. They have no relation at all to the characters of the same name from the fanfics.) I wrote one recently where Patricia gets bullied by a couple of punks and Erica gets a friend of her's to help back her up. They end up staging a fight after school and beating the hell out of the two punks. I would LOVE to see that in cartoon form. Man, that would RULE!  :D
  •  

MadeleineG

there's no copyright protection on "anthropomorphic animals negotiate social politics"

•  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Qwynne on February 14, 2014, 08:54:33 PM
there's no copyright protection on "anthropomorphic animals negotiate social politics"

:D

Yeah, if I went the fanfic route, using Dotty, Portia and any other peeps from the Get Along Gang would create legal crap. That's why I would just go with my own original stories instead. The only difference is that I have only 3 original stories right now. I have somewhere between 30-35 Get Along Gang fanfics at this point.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Qwynne on February 14, 2014, 07:15:47 PM
She occasionally watches Tenchi Universe.  ::)

:D I missed this post.

The ironic thing is that the initial thing that turned me on to that show was that Sherry Lynn played on that show. The voice of Sasami sounds like a slightly older version of Portia. I totally flipped out when I heard that voice again.
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: Edge on February 14, 2014, 12:45:05 PM
I am tempted to rewatch Sanctuary. Anyone else like that show?

I enjoyed it while it lasted. It had it's issues but I still liked it.

muffinpants

My friend just started showing me game of thrones and omg why didn't anyone tell me how AMAZING it is?! I had started the book like a bazillion years ago, but discarded it as cliche. But as a show? Super awesome!!
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on February 14, 2014, 09:57:19 PM
:D I missed this post.

The ironic thing is that the initial thing that turned me on to that show was that Sherry Lynn played on that show. The voice of Sasami sounds like a slightly older version of Portia. I totally flipped out when I heard that voice again.

I didn't know that connection. Cool :)
  •  

CalmRage

i just watched the Twilight Zone episode "Death's-Head Revisited" Now i can't sleep. It creeped me out.
  •  

K Style Addiction

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Zóôt Threepwood on February 16, 2014, 09:05:56 PM
i just watched the Twilight Zone episode "Death's-Head Revisited" Now i can't sleep. It creeped me out.

Even though the original Twilight Zone was very hit or miss, that episode is a great one.
  •  

bunnymom

Quote from: Zóôt Threepwood on February 14, 2014, 07:17:05 PM

Oh my goodness! I haven't seen this in over 20 years. I can only say Wow!
  •  

CalmRage

Quote from: Laura Squirrel on February 16, 2014, 10:09:58 PM
Even though the original Twilight Zone was very hit or miss, that episode is a great one.

i couldn't sleep afterwards. i had a panic attack after watching it.
  •