Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Why it is so hard to be beautiful

Started by Cindi Jones, October 24, 2006, 07:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindi Jones

Our vision of beauty is distorted.  Check out:

Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Melissa

That's why I don't compare myself to magazine ads.  I just compare myself to real people.

Melissa
  •  

Nero

Interesting. Well, I compare myself to magazine ads, to tv, and real people, and wouldn't you know it,
I win out everytime.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

angelsgirl

Nero, you're too funny.  Is that why you don't have a picture up?  I guess you're too beautiful for all us common dullards to handle, is that right?  ;D

Seriously, though. I'm always reassuring Jocelyn of this, but many times, I have to reassure myself of this as well.  Even though I know better, I still catch myself staring at the magazines and wishing I could look like that. Ridiculous, isn't it?
  •  

Nero

Quote from: angelsgirl on October 24, 2006, 12:50:15 PM
Nero, you're too funny.  Is that why you don't have a picture up?  I guess you're too beautiful for all us common dullards to handle, is that right?  ;D
True. My radiance is blinding. :D
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

ssindysmith

Because according to the video its not real :) LOL

I have a similar facial recognition program and made my male self then feminized it, it turned out prety good I have used it as a model for applying my makeup.
  •  

Teri Anne

Thanks, Cindianna, for an interesting link.  I've known for years how models' photos are airbrushed and "corrected" but had never seen the actual step by step process.

When I first transitioned, I subscribed to a few "womens" magazines.  I found the "how to make yourself beautiful" to be nothing but junk articles with the sole intent to sell makeup and hair extensions.  I never renewed these subscriptions because all they did is make me feel sad.  I'm sure that there are many genetic women who, likewise, get sad when seeing these stereotypical overtly feminine images. 

You know, it's funny how we, as transsexuals, torture ourselves, and society, additionally, tortures us for not being "REAL" women.  In crossing over to the women's side of the continuum, I was MOST happy when people presumed I was female and I was NOT wearing overtly feminine clothing or makeup.  In a sense, the makeup and hair treatment pictured in the U-Tube link you showed us proves how even genetic women are urged to become stereotypical feminine images.

And, one thing I'm not is, stereotypical, lol.

Teri Anne
  •  

tinkerbell

..........perfect beauty is an illusion.................

but...................it is always possible to be too beautiful........ >:D >:D

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Julie Marie

What a dope I am!  All I had to do was get professional makeup artists, professional photographers and computer graphic experts and I'd be beautiful too?  I guess I don't have an acute sense of the obvious.  Tomorrow I'm going to the Eileen Ford Modeling Agency and starting on my new career.
When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Julie Marie on October 24, 2006, 10:05:06 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to the Eileen Ford Modeling Agency and starting on my new career.

I will be right behind ya!!!   After all, with two goddesses like you and I, they won't have to use their special computer graphics equipment to make us look fabulous, right??     ;D ;D ;D ;D >:D

•  

Cindi Jones

I think that I'll do a little more research on using my Adobe Photoshop software.  I only use it for simple graphics and bringing out detail in deep space objects.  I never considered making my neck longer!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Tinkerbell on October 25, 2006, 01:51:25 AM
After all, with two goddesses like you and I, they won't have to use their special computer graphics equipment to make us look fabulous, right??     ;D ;D ;D ;D >:D
You've been talking to Nero again, haven't you? ;)

Melissa
  •  

Laurry

Quote from: Tinkerbell on October 24, 2006, 09:55:54 PM
....it is always possible to be too beautiful........

Quote from: Tinkerbell on October 25, 2006, 01:51:25 AM
I will be right behind ya!!!   After all, with two goddesses like you and I, they won't have to use their special computer graphics equipment to make us look fabulous, right??

I just love a woman who is sure of herself.  What makes it bad is that she is right!
...And we all know what a dangerous combination that is  >:D

........Laurie
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Melissa on October 25, 2006, 11:35:37 AM
You've been talking to Nero again, haven't you? ;)

Melissa

Nero???  oh no!  someone from work, another cute stud in a white coat.......*giggles* >:D

•