Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Could you envision what you would look like before hormones/surgery?

Started by Lachlann, December 13, 2009, 07:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lachlann

Just curious. I feel like I know what I'm going to look like when I'm on T, but I wont know for sure until I'm on it.

So my question is, anyone who has had hormones and/or surgery, did you turn out how you thought you would look?
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

The None Blonde

No surgery yet, but mein gott.... I never never imagined I'd pass, or how I'd look now... It's a world apart frankly. I'm so much happier for it. Life finally works, and It's hard to really relate to that guy anymore.
  •  

Nero

Oddly, yes. This is going to sound bizarre, but I turned out too close to what I imagined. Aim higher! If you really envision and feel it on your skin, you might just turn into it once on HRt. so aim high!
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

V M

Had no idea really. Was very afraid to start HRT. But now I'm rather pleased with the girl smiling at me in the mirror.

Can hardly wait for surgery
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Luna!

Quote from: Nero on December 13, 2009, 07:46:03 PM
...so aim high!

Supermodel it is. ^_^

I actually have a hard time envisioning it. I imagine I'd look like I do now, but a girl, somehow.
I really should aim higher. I'm not unattractive or anything, but still...
Back to the sketchbook for me, then.
  •  

Lachlann

Quote from: Nero on December 13, 2009, 07:46:03 PM
Oddly, yes. This is going to sound bizarre, but I turned out too close to what I imagined. Aim higher! If you really envision and feel it on your skin, you might just turn into it once on HRt. so aim high!

Will do. I guess I should believe people when they say I'm going to turn out 'sexy', might as well think positive about it!

Quote from: Luna! on December 13, 2009, 07:57:07 PM
Supermodel it is. ^_^

I actually have a hard time envisioning it. I imagine I'd look like I do now, but a girl, somehow.
I really should aim higher. I'm not unattractive or anything, but still...
Back to the sketchbook for me, then.
That's kind of the same way I look at it. Me but just more masculine.

Quote from: Virginia Marie on December 13, 2009, 07:51:11 PM
Had no idea really. Was very afraid to start HRT. But now I'm rather pleased with the girl smiling at me in the mirror.

Can hardly wait for surgery
Glad it's turning out good for you.

Quote from: The None Blonde on December 13, 2009, 07:44:34 PM
No surgery yet, but mein gott.... I never never imagined I'd pass, or how I'd look now... It's a world apart frankly. I'm so much happier for it. Life finally works, and It's hard to really relate to that guy anymore.
That's awesome. Hope things keep going that way for you.
Don't be scared to fly alone, find a path that is your own
Love will open every door it's in your hands, the world is yours
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers will unfold
What are you waiting for, spread your wings and soar
  •  

Hannah

I had no freaking idea how much I would change. No I couldn't envision it at all, and I'm still suprised by my reflection sometimes. I'm still ugly as sin but I don't break mirrors anymore and that's huge.

Before hrt I assumed I would turn out like my mother, but face wise i'm actually trending closer to my cousins and I couldn't be happier about that because they are cute and my mom...isn't.
  •  

jesse

megan if only i look half as beautiful as you i will have reached the stars
jessica
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

DamagedChris

I spent a lot of time actually thinking of that...I looked at various patterns and anatomy and even some drawing and photoshop tutorials on changing female subjects to male. And yes, I photoshopped a pic of me to look male using those rules, also going off what people said T did for them. In the end, it all depends on if my jawline drops, my cheeks stop being so puffy and round, and dropping 10 pounds wouldn't hurt either.

It's bittersweet, as I look like a short, stocky 14-year-old right now. Boob amputation will alleviate some of the stockiness at least...but time will only tell for the rest.
  •  

CynthiaAnn

Quote from: Lachlann on December 13, 2009, 07:38:39 PM
So my question is, anyone who has had hormones and/or surgery, did you turn out how you thought you would look?

Interesting older post found in the TS db today, and my answer....

Yes, I think I exceeded my own expectations of 10 years ago, and I think I am still on the path of improving. HRT has been good to me. Exercise and diet helped a lot....

Having GCS, really made a difference for me at a personal level (mostly mental).

C -
  •  

Kylo

I always had difficulty looking at myself in the mirror and seeing myself in any objective way. I think I still look exactly the same although others disagree.  I couldn't really imagine what I would look like post transition.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

F_P_M

I try but pretty much all I get is my current face, just hairier lol.

I joke i'm gonna become a teeny tiny yeti.

but genuinely i'm not sure what changes might be and i'm kinda super curious.
  •  

KathyLauren

No, I couldn't. 

I truly never expected the facial changes.  Early in my HRT journey, I was putting on lipstick one day and realized that they were someone else's lips.  Kathy's.  And then my eyes.  When I look in the mirror and can't see my receded hairline (because I'm wearing a wig or a hat), I see a female face.  That is way better than my most optimistic hopes before I started.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •