Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The forest and the trees of the trans community

Started by Allamakee, December 29, 2009, 02:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamakee

The forest and the trees of the trans community
The Bilerico Project
by Austen Crowder
December 29, 2009

http://www.bilerico.com/2009/12/the_forest_and_the_trees_of_the_trans_community.php

This usually goes without saying, but I think it's important to occasionally look at the trees that make up the forest of our landscape. This article isn't going to look at the gnarled, scarred trees needing political attention. We spend an inordinate amount of time looking at the pitfalls of our livelihoods, and while this is important to advancing the cause of equality, it's not exactly the most uplifting message we can possibly provide to the online world. Today I want to stay squarely within the bounds of hope, affirmation, and the promise of a quality life for people looking at the option of transition; I know they are out there, possibly reading this article along with everything else this site has to offer, and I want to try something different.

<snip>

You can have a successful transition.

Let me say that again: despite overwhelming odds to the contrary, despite what gets said on the pages of Bilerico, despite all the naysayers who put down transitioners as the lowest of the low, you can have a successful transition.
  •