Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Woman who tried to enroll in school as boy pleads guilty to criminal charges

Started by Allamakee, January 05, 2010, 08:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allamakee

Woman who tried to enroll in school as boy pleads guilty to criminal charges
The Southern
by Becky Malkovich
January 5, 2010

http://www.thesouthern.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/4806e730-fa5a-11de-8d6f-001cc4c03286.html

An adult transgender who tried enrolling in Marion High School as a teenage boy pleaded guilty to felony disorderly conduct in Williamson County court Tuesday.

==============================================================
Transgender woman pleads guilty to disorderly conduct
Daily Republican
By Matt Hawkins
January 5, 2010

http://www.dailyrepublicannews.com/news/x1409359811/Transgender-woman-pleads-guilty-to-disorderly-conduct

Jack Kaiser, a.k.a. John Stones and Jennifer May, will finish the last 28 days of a 120-day jail sentence and will serve two years conditional discharge after returning to his California home.
  •  

Hannah

I just...I keep...er...it's just, uh

What was this person thinking, I know it was fabulously stupid but why are they treating him like a sex offender? I looked into it some more and in addition to the dna submission he has to check in with the local sheriff wherever he goes.
  •  

aerosolchild

In other news, some people still haven't read the damn style guide.
He has legally transitioned, and should be referred to as male. Dear news agencies, do your job better. Kthanx.
  •  

Allamakee

Quote from: Becca on January 05, 2010, 09:00:13 PM
why are they treating him like a sex offender? I looked into it some more and in addition to the dna submission he has to check in with the local sheriff wherever he goes.
Williamson County, like all of southern Illinois, is conservative and largely rural.  Transgender folks are probably very mysterious to them.  Toss in the con game, and the fear that school kids might have been at risk... I think the court was freaked out and wanted to be "better safe than sorry."
  •  

tekla

I'd almost rather have a death penalty then a 'sex offender' designation.  In so many ways this persons life is over.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Mateo

I'm replying to this because the article is about me.
Quote from: Becca on January 05, 2010, 09:00:13 PM
I just...I keep...er...it's just, uh

What was this person thinking, I know it was fabulously stupid but why are they treating him like a sex offender? I looked into it some more and in addition to the dna submission he has to check in with the local sheriff wherever he goes.
The problem was I wasn't thinking. it started as i was saying i was younger. cos you get better services when your homeless if your younger. and it rolled down hill from there. DCSF/child protective services got involved and they were the ones who made me register for school. I was too scared to say other wise. It was retarded. I do know that.

Quote from: Allamakee on January 05, 2010, 09:56:06 PM
Williamson County, like all of southern Illinois, is conservative and largely rural.  Transgender folks are probably very mysterious to them.  Toss in the con game, and the fear that school kids might have been at risk... I think the court was freaked out and wanted to be "better safe than sorry."
Yes williamson county is very backwards. very homo/transphobic. I was put in isolation for the whole 120. Plus got called she and it the whole time. even got tazed for no reason at all. I'm very nonviolent and keep to myself. but the guards consistently gave me major bs.

Quote from: tekla on January 05, 2010, 09:57:28 PM
I'd almost rather have a death penalty then a 'sex offender' designation.  In so many ways this persons life is over.
I am not a registered sex offender. I was charged with class 4 felony falsified info to the court. lied under oath pretty much. My crime had nothing. make it very clear. NOTHING to do with children or teens. I'm not a pedophile nor am I attracted to younger. I actually prefer older. My last relationship was with a 32 yr old.

My life is not over. It's just being on the right track for the first time in a long time. It woke me up. realized the path i was going down wasn't the right one.

I'm now working on getting my GED. took the pretest today. Trying to be a productive citizen. Yes I am a felon but theres so much more to me then that. I won't let it hold me back..

I am sorry If I embarrassed the trans community with my arrest. I hope it didn't damage our image to badly.

Jack
  •  

Shana A

Hi Jack,

Thanks for filling us in on details that the media didn't cover. It sounds like quite an ordeal! I hope things go better for you now!

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

spacial

Jack

You stick in there.

You haven't embarrassed anyone. You made a bit of a mistake, but I think most of us, in that position, might have tried it.

Please stay with us. We really need your experiences.
  •  

cynthialee

Dude...as a felon I can tell you this felony is gonna come back to haunt you forever. Untill you legaly get your rights back your are a felon. Can't vote in most places. Can't own a fire arm. Can not get a security clearance without high level waivers. The list goes on.
I am not trying to rain on your parade but I know better from personal experiance.
Being a felon in modern society makes life very dificult if you want anything more than a worker drones existance.
Keep your self out of trouble for your probation period and hire a lawyer to get your rights back.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Hannah

That sounds about right, with child services. The article left that important part out, lol. I'm happy you found us, I hope we didn't hurt you with our discusion. Welcome  :)
  •  

Mateo

Quote from: Zythyra on February 25, 2010, 06:14:47 AM
Hi Jack,
Thanks for filling us in on details that the media didn't cover. It sounds like quite an ordeal! I hope things go better for you now!
Z
No problem. The media tends to ignore important facts to make it sound worse then it is. But thats how its sold nowadays. Things are going better. Right now i'm waiting for the state of california. which is where I got my interstate conjunction, because i knew no one in marion or il. the person who took me out there, abandoned me.

Quote from: spacial on February 25, 2010, 07:21:38 AM
Jack
You stick in there.
You haven't embarrassed anyone. You made a bit of a mistake, but I think most of us, in that position, might have tried it.
Please stay with us. We really need your experiences.
I plan on staying. I need to face what I've done. Take responsibility and just be myself. Hopefully make some good friends along the road. :) <3

Quote from: cynthialee on February 25, 2010, 12:31:49 PM
Dude...as a felon I can tell you this felony is gonna come back to haunt you forever. Untill you legaly get your rights back your are a felon. Can't vote in most places. Can't own a fire arm. Can not get a security clearance without high level waivers. The list goes on.
I am not trying to rain on your parade but I know better from personal experiance.
Being a felon in modern society makes life very dificult if you want anything more than a worker drones existance.
Keep your self out of trouble for your probation period and hire a lawyer to get your rights back.
This felony isn't as bad as it could have been. its the lowest class. I do most of my work, online. Like right now i'm building an online store and working with a friend who is building an MMO. [which will be lgbtqi friendly]
I never really voted before mainly cos I don't keep up with politics. Never owned a firearm before. I'm a hippie. I don't care about guns. I don't plan on ever having a security clearance job. my dream is to make zombies and creatures to the unknown, in the film industry. I have plans to get outta the whole 'worker drones' idea. I already talked to the school I want to go to. Told them the situation and they are willing to help me once i get my GED.
I know its going to be hard, it wasn't easy before. I was living on the street.
Gotta keep ya head up. :)

Quote from: Becca on February 25, 2010, 04:03:25 PM
That sounds about right, with child services. The article left that important part out, lol. I'm happy you found us, I hope we didn't hurt you with our discusion. Welcome  :)
You didn't hurt me but I felt I should explain myself and be honest with you all. :)

Jack
  •