Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

erections and plumbing: enjoy it, tolerate it, or hate it?

Started by disdwarf, January 22, 2010, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrissty

Quote from: Kara-Xen on January 24, 2010, 06:29:40 PM
Erectile tissue and a thing that sticks out like that are two different things. They have totally different purposes. Erectile tissue in a female may, for all we know, just make the area more resilient to trauma via penetration. Maybe. A theory?

But ... I'm not one to enjoy it. I mean if you take a person who likes swimming in a pool, and feels ok doing so, and dropped them in the ocean which they're no fan of... I mean they might still be ok with water itself... I mean you drink it right?

But the ocean would scare the hell out of him.

Kara.... I guess I always liked swimming in the ocean better than the pool, but then that's me and I respect the views of others..

All I was saying was with enough of the right practice in the pool.... then the ocean may not be as frightening or dangerous as it once appeared..

Maybe my use of the term "erectile" tissue gave the wrong impression, but the tissue engorges and behaves in pretty much the same way when aroused, though it is not usually so obvious due to it's location.

Chrissty 
  •  

V M

Heck, If I could give myself a blow job, maybe I wouldn't be so annoyed with the darn thing  :laugh: >:-) :laugh:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

FairyGirl

Dr. McGinn also recommends taking progesterone post-surgery in order to maintain a healthy libido. According to the literature she provides, testosterone is basically gone after surgery and the minute amounts produced by the rest of the body aren't enough to do the job. Since progesterone metabolizes into a form of testosterone in the body, taking it can help you to continue to make sure all that pre-surgery practice can be put to good use ;)
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

cynthialee

I have learned to deal with it most days and can enjoy sex if I dont watch whats happening because when I do it blows the illusion all to shreds.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

deviousxen

Quote from: Chrissty on January 24, 2010, 06:56:28 PM
Kara.... I guess I always liked swimming in the ocean better than the pool, but then that's me and I respect the views of others..

All I was saying was with enough of the right practice in the pool.... then the ocean may not be as frightening or dangerous as it once appeared..

Maybe my use of the term "erectile" tissue gave the wrong impression, but the tissue engorges and behaves in pretty much the same way when aroused, though it is not usually so obvious due to it's location.

Chrissty

I don't mind what kind of tissue it is... I hate how its arranged is all. Its not the wrong impression.

And some people just dont like somethings about the ocean in this scenario... I understand what you're trying to do is good, don't get me wrong. But even if the ocean weren't as scary.... Its not even a matter of scary actually... Its a subconscious reaction of dysphoria. But what I mean is that even if it weren't as scary... It would just not be my cup of tea. Like football... I'd rather have literal tea and a smoke than that.

But Its not like I can control the way the thing vibrates in a totally different vibe than I. I tried that for 20 years... Otherwise why bother transitioning right?
  •  

Chrissty

Quote from: Kara-Xen on January 24, 2010, 10:11:37 PM
I don't mind what kind of tissue it is... I hate how its arranged is all....

I totally agree.... :icon_yes:

Quote from: Kara-Xen on January 24, 2010, 10:11:37 PM
But Its not like I can control the way the thing vibrates in a totally different vibe than I. I tried that for 20 years... Otherwise why bother transitioning right?

I agree with this too... :icon_wink:

..... but I am also saying that the male body experience we are "used to", tends to focus on "one" thing, and the lead up to "one" event; wheras the female experience is a lot more about the whole body, and repeated waves of sensation.  :rolleyes:

If you can get over "it's" existence (which I did with the fundamental realisation that the sensations are mostly the same just re-arranged) then you can move on to explore the wider aspects of female sensuality and orgasm before GCS.  :angel:

Kara..... I suppose I find myself in this situation as I'm not able to start HRT at this time, and maybe for similar reasons you had become an expert on herbals when I first joined Susan's. When our path is blocked, we instinctively look for alternative routes to continue to make progress to the destination our heart desires... In this case, I was more than a little surprised to discover what is possible with the limitations of a pysically male body.... 

:icon_hug:

Chrissty
  •  

Hannah

Quotemaybe that's true pre-HRT but a few months on a healthy dose of spiro pretty much dries that business up.

I don't really have anything constructive to add to this discussion other than to point out how freaking awesome this is.

You know, I can't wait for the day when nobody even thinks to ask me for information about my penis. I've never used mine for a whole lot. Pretty much since the first time I slept with a guy, after he had been inside me for a while I  reached for it for some reason and it wasn't...alert. I was having a ball nonetheless (no pun intended), and pretty much stuck with that pattern. Afterword it would kind of ooze, which was revolting, but that's dealt with now so woo-hoo. 

I honestly do not understand how people can say they are trans and that they don't mind their genetic parts in the same sentence. Please explain this to me, because I've spent all of my life wanting to kill this body, having only somewhat recently learned that it was possible to reshape it and begun doing so. I just can't relate to 'using what I had' type comments, because every time I used it, I'd go into deep depression and insane bouts of dysphoria. I don't get it, and I want to, so if the op doesn't mind I'd like to hear more about it.
  •  

lauren3332

Quote from: Becca on January 25, 2010, 05:44:12 AM
I don't really have anything constructive to add to this discussion other than to point out how freaking awesome this is.

You know, I can't wait for the day when nobody even thinks to ask me for information about my penis. I've never used mine for a whole lot. Pretty much since the first time I slept with a guy, after he had been inside me for a while I  reached for it for some reason and it wasn't...alert. I was having a ball nonetheless (no pun intended), and pretty much stuck with that pattern. Afterword it would kind of ooze, which was revolting, but that's dealt with now so woo-hoo. 

I honestly do not understand how people can say they are trans and that they don't mind their genetic parts in the same sentence. Please explain this to me, because I've spent all of my life wanting to kill this body, having only somewhat recently learned that it was possible to reshape it and begun doing so. I just can't relate to 'using what I had' type comments, because every time I used it, I'd go into deep depression and insane bouts of dysphoria. I don't get it, and I want to, so if the op doesn't mind I'd like to hear more about it.

I will try to explain.  I can tolerate the erections because I realized that sex is more about the emotions involved then the equipment itself.  Yes it's true that men have penises and women have vaginas but it's all the same skin anyway.  Testes are just ovaries gone south and a penis is just a giant chlitoris.  Men also have sort of a labia to a degree too.  I forget how that one came about but I know I heard it somewhere.  The question you have to ask yourself is do you feel like a man during arousal and masturbation.  To me, I know my body will have to empty itself, so I just see ejaculation sort of like going to the bathroom.  It's just the way my body is.  I don't necessarily hate my penis, but I wouldn't be sad if I woke up and it was gone.  Erections are annoying though and if I could make them go away completely I would. 
  •  

deviousxen

Quote from: Chrissty on January 25, 2010, 05:12:23 AM
I totally agree.... :icon_yes:

I agree with this too... :icon_wink:

..... but I am also saying that the male body experience we are "used to", tends to focus on "one" thing, and the lead up to "one" event; wheras the female experience is a lot more about the whole body, and repeated waves of sensation.  :rolleyes:

If you can get over "it's" existence (which I did with the fundamental realisation that the sensations are mostly the same just re-arranged) then you can move on to explore the wider aspects of female sensuality and orgasm before GCS.  :angel:

Kara..... I suppose I find myself in this situation as I'm not able to start HRT at this time, and maybe for similar reasons you had become an expert on herbals when I first joined Susan's. When our path is blocked, we instinctively look for alternative routes to continue to make progress to the destination our heart desires... In this case, I was more than a little surprised to discover what is possible with the limitations of a pysically male body.... 

Chrissty

I can get close to female orgasms (Whatever they are now ._.;)... But these days its only if I really need it, cause I've been weaker lately and the inability for me to climb over that steep mountain of subconscious badness associated with the THING... That I have.

Its like the more my mind progresses the bigger the gap there is. Its like it one day finally snapped. I mean what I do on my own sucks... Its only good at climax. The road to that is grueling and horrible. But I'm pretty sure I wont have a problem with sensation if SRS goes ok... The pathways are certainly there. Thats why I hate it. Cause my mind feels a totally different sensation and reality than what is happening physically... And it takes an extremely huge amount of concentration and faith to believe it, or to not be consciously depressed that you can't move forward on what you feel cause the physical is off.

If I'm with someone else though... Its impossible. A couple of times were ok, but then I just felt humiliated and exposed directly afterwards. Now it is literally impossible for me to get through anything in person with someone else. The wrongness is 5 times stronger. The other person was treating me perfectly too.

As for herbals... I was heavily using them at first... Just to find myself out. Back then I thought I had the desire "to be" a girl, or at least physically female. It kind of helped my feelings for a while, but herbals are only really ok if you're not on HRT yet... And HRT is better. Now I'm on that. Actually I still self medicate something in the mix... Microgest progesterone. I asked my psychiatrist and my endo, "How would you like it if I confiscated a chemical in your body or your ovaries? Maybe your serotonin... And hid it... And then made you jump through flaming hoops to get it. You'd be pissed wouldn't you?" Dunno whether or not to cycle it yet. Aw well... But I was doing herbals for that reason, yes. Cause my mom is stupid. I think that its only started to be really mentally digested more recently. Because now the my brain is more itself, the contrast is obvious to stupid me.

Its not like I am anorgasmic or anything... Its just much harder now to lie to myself about whats there, or overcome the subconscious wave of catatonic horror that is freaking impossible to deal with. I dunno when I can get sliced up for 20 grand... Cause I'm rather poor and so is my family... And there's no way in hell my grandfather would support this... But I cant wait for the painkiller high, and feeling less defective, and looking forward to a small possibility of a real relationship...

That person had the site to raise funds to reverse their transition... Wish I could do something like that in reverse only I'd feel like I was using people, lol. I. Hate. Money. Period...
  •  

Chrissty

Quote from: Kara-Xen on January 25, 2010, 11:14:32 AM
I can get close to female orgasms (Whatever they are now ._.;)... But these days its only if I really need it, cause I've been weaker lately and the inability for me to climb over that steep mountain of subconscious badness associated with the THING... That I have.

That person had the site to raise funds to reverse their transition... Wish I could do something like that in reverse only I'd feel like I was using people, lol. I. Hate. Money. Period...

Kara, clearly what I am suggesting is causing you distress and that was never my intention. :icon_bunch:

I can totally understand your perspective, and why you feel the way you do. I have experienced the distress of not being able to perform for my partner as expected, and the emptiness afterwards. I did everything I could to overcome my issues as a husband and ended up fathering two children, but that still didn't make me enjoy the act. If I were not "unusually" good at giving my wife a good time in "alternative" ways I would probably have been divorced long ago.  :-\

So from the reactions I get, maybe I have found a unique way of pacifying my GID that others find difficulty in achieving, and I am therefore the "odd one out" here... ::)

Chrissty
  •  

AweSAM!

I use it once a week for sexual function, that's it. I try and keep my mind off it. I haven't engaged in a sexual act that used my downstairs since I was 14 or 15 (I can't quite recall, though I suspect 14). That act my first, my last, and it was not my choice, but rather me caving to peer pressure. I am now 18, going on 19.

K8

Quote from: Becca on January 25, 2010, 05:44:12 AM
II honestly do not understand how people can say they are trans and that they don't mind their genetic parts in the same sentence. Please explain this to me, because I've spent all of my life wanting to kill this body, having only somewhat recently learned that it was possible to reshape it and begun doing so. I just can't relate to 'using what I had' type comments, because every time I used it, I'd go into deep depression and insane bouts of dysphoria. I don't get it, and I want to, so if the op doesn't mind I'd like to hear more about it.

I never hated my equipment.  (I just wished it would fall off.)  I didn't hate it because I thought I was stuck with it and refused to let myself hate part of me, even if it was like an alien attachment - a wart or something.  My refusal to allow myself to hate it was part of trying to adjust to what I thought was my fate.  If I had a disfiguring scar, I would be unhappy about it but wouldn't allow myself to hate it. 

However, I did hate when the little head thought for the big head.  Now, on HRT, that never happens.  And now that I am getting close to getting things reconfigured as they should have been, I look at that junk as donor tissue and want to keep it healthy.

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

FairyGirl

Quote from: Chrissty on January 25, 2010, 12:43:43 PMSo from the reactions I get, maybe I have found a unique way of pacifying my GID that others find difficulty in achieving, and I am therefore the "odd one out" here... ::)

No, I agree with you wholeheartedly, and that's the point I tried to make previously. Erection is not required for orgasm. Neither is ejaculation. This came to me through HRT and practice but you found it without hormones, which is remarkable. It is possible for pre-op women to have female orgasms which are intense, multiple, wavelike, full-bodied, and long lasting (and dry). I've even gotten them from breast/nipple stimulation only. Those who have said it's the same tissue are correct, and a small portion of the glans is preserved as a clitoris after surgery. Those same nerves can be used now, without using them in any fashion the same way a man does. HRT also has the effect of intensifying other areas as erogenous zones that may not have been before.
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Chrissty

Quote from: FairyGirl on January 25, 2010, 08:26:52 PM
No, I agree with you wholeheartedly....... It is possible for pre-op women to have female orgasms which are intense, multiple, wavelike, full-bodied, and long lasting (and dry).

Thanks....I was beginning to think I was a alone in this..  :icon_bunch:

It's just a real shame that a lot of transitioners never find the key until after GCS.. ::)

I've even gotten them from breast/nipple stimulation only.

It's a long story...but I'm not going to re-open this subject other than to say that I  110% agree.. :D

Those who have said it's the same tissue are correct, and a small portion of the glans is preserved as a clitoris after surgery.

It's easy to forget that Natal girls get a form of erection when aroused too, and we are quick to accept that a large part of the penis has to be discarded in reconstruction, but really that is only because of the limitations of current medical techniques. :-\

I just found it easier to live with in my situation, once I had realised that most of the sensations were correct, but needed a little rearranging in my head until I could do something more permanent about it.... ;)

Chrissty

•  

Stevie Stevens

Quote from: pamshaw on January 24, 2010, 06:45:37 PM
Fortunately Hrt has caused mine to shrink and become inoperative which is just fine with me because it was never meant to be there. I will have an orci soon and later SRS. I can't wait to get rid of this mistake. Woman have vaginas not penises and I will never miss mine.

Pam

I agree with Pam in that ever since I was a kid I've felt it was some sort of mistake. Add to that the fact that I was born with a really tiny penis and I have always had thoughts that I was really close to be being born a girl, but it was not meant to be.

I have never enjoyed trying to use it and thus have lived my life as a submissive sissy. I have always wanted it gone and have been depressed here and there that that is most likely not going to happen. Years of HRT have made things even smaller down there, so at least there is that.
  •  

Pippa

I have never been the penis hater type.  Being male to me is just not right and it not where I want to be.   I want it gone because it does not fit my body image or my true gender.

I have really had much of a sex drive or a desire for intercourse.  Of course I got exited and the odd boner would occur and yes I masterbated but it was not a big deal.   Luckily, 9 months of spiro and oestrogen have made even a semi a rareocurance.   No more morning glories and I don't care.

I am still trying to ensure there is enough tissue for surgery but unprovoked stiffies are no longer a problem ;D
  •  

deviousxen

Quote from: Pippa on January 26, 2010, 03:10:54 PM
I have never been the penis hater type.  Being male to me is just not right and it not where I want to be.   I want it gone because it does not fit my body image or my true gender.

I have really had much of a sex drive or a desire for intercourse.  Of course I got exited and the odd boner would occur and yes I masterbated but it was not a big deal.   Luckily, 9 months of spiro and oestrogen have made even a semi a rareocurance.   No more morning glories and I don't care.

I am still trying to ensure there is enough tissue for surgery but unprovoked stiffies are no longer a problem ;D
Its not necessarily hate, you know? Its this subconscious bad vibe that doesn't go away. Like a cringe that is a knee jerk reaction...

I've hated it before, but its all based off of the deeper bad vibe I feel.
  •  

Kelli

I dont ALWAYS hate erections, however I don't always embrace them either.

Even on spiro and estra. I still have a somewhat high sex drive.

I have a love/hate relationship with my "cash n prizes".
"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam" (I will find a way or I will make one!)
  •  

Dorothy

I appreciate the honesty of some of the posters here.  My kudos to you.

What I will never understand is why some old MTF transitioners get marry 4, 5, 6 times as men, have 4, 5, 6 kids & then they wake up one foggy Thursday & say that they've "always hated their plumbing so much" ::).  If you hated your plumbing so much, why did you get marry 4, 5, 6 times?  If you hated it so much why did you have 4, 5, 6 kids?.  To me that tells me that you didn't "hate" it but liked it.  If you liked it, be honest with yourself & say so instead of engaging yourself in semantics to deceive people.  I can't stand that.  It pisses me off.
  •  

nmason

I have always hated them. Nothing worse than going to the loo of a morning and this thing is sticking out in front of you for everyone to see.
Just lately  I have found I don't get them as much, maybe because I am 50.
My future hrt doctor has just taken some blood tests and found my testosterone is very low for a male and my estrogen is a little high for a male. I have also noticed that the male bits are actually getting smaller. ;)
  •