Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

~HAIR CARE~

Started by bellbell, February 01, 2010, 01:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet_Girl

Noxzema hair minimizing shave creme.  And the soaking helps to soften the hair.  Plus I just love to soak.  What kind of razor do you use?
  •  

bellbell

i have an electric...but i dont really like using it...kinda had a bad experience that involved a burning sensation \, though i think was cuz i did it with dry skin...it hurt though, and the results were not worth the pain so yeah...

other than that, 2 blade disposable (parents buy em i use em), iv been meaning to buy a Venus, those kind with the huge block of lubricant around it and like 4 blades, but very shy about even going near them >.<
"
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Why be shy?  I use Soleil, which has four blades and a curved handle.  And use a really good moisturizer after Aloe Vera.  No dry skin or irritation.

•  

bellbell

rambling is good :P gave me lotsa insite ^.^

question (not related to hair) about apple cider vinegar...i have kinda a block in my ear, iv tryed hydrogen peroxide but didnt work the well...would the vinegar work?

i think ill start buying cheapo shampoo an go to hairstylists for conditioner, less expensive than going for both too, see how that works out :P have you ever used teatree oil containing-shampoo/conditioner?

Quote from: ativan on February 02, 2010, 11:42:50 PM
   Apple cider vinegar....chk that its real apple cider vinegar. Vinegar today is nothing more than a 5% solution of acetic acid. Virtualy the same as it used to be, but now made with filtered water and acetic acid. Apple cider vinegar is the same, but with flavoring/color additives. Side note: Brown sugar is not unrefined sugar. Its refined sugar with molasses. There's a difference.
  Anyways, all nice stuff you can do with vinegar, and then some. Its almost as strong as using bleach on solid surfaces, works wonders for fresshening up your laundry, and for cuts and burns it works very well.  But the one I like the best is to snort a little off the end of a spoon. Yep...snort a couple three drops right up as far as you can into your sinus's. It doesn't burn, won't make your face implode or anything, just tingles real good and smells like you got a pickle stuck up your nostrils. IT does, very quickly, loosen up your sinus's, let them drain, gets rid of any low level infection (gotta sinus infection?) and keeps your nostrils and sinus's open longer than anything I've ever tried. I personally like Balsomic Vinegar, and want to try a few others, just for the flavor.
   Use it in place of clarifiers and shampoo lightly, condition. It will reduce the bacteria and stuff to stop dandruff and itchy scalp.  The list goes on and on for vinegar, I'd like to hear some more....
   Shampoo...whatch out for sodium lauryl sulfate and anything that sounds like it. Garage floor cleaner main ingreient. State on the floor cleaner label not to get in contact with skin. Ammoinium Lauyrl sufat is good though.     Shampoo thing, cheap is just fine, don't waste money. Do spend money on conditioner. Look for what you want on the label and its a good place to start. Also ask if the sales person nows their >-bleeped-<, and are not just trying to make a sale. Its all in the conditioner, conditionererer. And if it works, stick with it till it doesn't. Do not use the switch'm up method. bad. Give em at least three try's before you give up. And what works for your sister probably won't work for you, we're all that different.     And the no wash for a month? Its an old Hippie tale. Doesn't work. Can you imagine what your hair would look like? If you could see through all the scalp flakes?
LOLOLOL!! would it work if you didn't wash your clothes for a month and then they start to magicaly start to clean themselves? Both would probably seem better once you scraped the crud away, but clean? Does your car do that? (don't work on the smelly guy about three doors down either).  Gentle brushing, good conditioner, and only wash when it needs it. and gentle brushing. Mines halfway down my back, I tie it back loosely. I haven't had the ends trimed in over a yr, and am just getting enough split ends to maybe get one.  Sorry I rammbleddddddddddddd.

Post Merge: February 02, 2010, 10:53:05 PM

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 02, 2010, 11:48:54 PM
Why be shy?  I use Soleil, which has four blades and a curved handle.  And use a really good moisturizer after Aloe Vera.  No dry skin or irritation.

im really self conscience about feminine products...im not out with myself and im paranoid as hell, not a good combo :/ i can psych myself an say i wont let it bother me, know one knows me, then i get there and its like...oh god what was i thinking :x

Post Merge: February 02, 2010, 11:53:51 PM

btw, ALOE VERA: is this good for your hair? cuz they sell at walmart by like the gallon for 7 bucks, didnt seem like a bad deal
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have heard of vinegar being used for a lot of things, but as a sinus remedy?  Well if you get the real stuff, which I do, I don't see why?

And if I don't wash my hair every couple of days it gets really oily.

And I hate you, Ativan, for your hair being that long.   ;D  But mine is slowly getting longer.
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 02, 2010, 11:55:03 PM

And I hate you, Ativan, for your hair being that long.   ;D  But mine is slowly getting longer.

is your avatar pic up-to-date? (assuming thats you) nice hair btw :P wish mine was a nicely styled, mines is midback but kinda scagglish...lota stray lengthage going on, so gota grow it out an lop off an inch or so a month till its grown out :/
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

i know you dont scrape, but i cant help it :/ the hair gets so think by the time i finaly shave if i dont do the scrape meathod itll take forever and ill run outa hot water x.x icy showers are nawt meh friend lol
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

I have seen some conditioners that have aloe vera in it, but I don't know if it is any good.

For the ear, try witch hazel.  It act as a drawing solution and helps to clear out the blockage.

And remember to brush your hair 100 times.  I asked my grandmother once why and she said it distributes the natural oils.

About the Gillette razor.  At $15 for four replacement is a bit much.  The Soleil is only about $7 for the same amount and it works just as good.  If you want it to buzz ... Never mind something about attaching a vibrator. :icon_redface:

Post Merge: February 03, 2010, 12:06:40 AM

Use shorter strokes, but don't scrape.  And do you exfoliate first.  It really helps by getting rid of the dead skin cells which is what clogs any razor.
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 03, 2010, 12:04:24 AM
I have seen some conditioners that have aloe vera in it, but I don't know if it is any good.

For the ear, try witch hazel.  It act as a drawing solution and helps to clear out the blockage.

And remember to brush your hair 100 times.  I asked my grandmother once why and she said it distributes the natural oils.

About the Gillette razor.  At $15 for four replacement is a bit much.  The Soleil is only about $7 for the same amount and it works just as good.  If you want it to buzz ... Never mind something about attaching a vibrator. :icon_redface:

lol thatll give it a nice buzz :P

where can i get witch hazel? i assume itll be an oil?

i brush my hair lots, believe me :P however, i have a bad habit of brushing wet, or even in the shower >.< i got a wide tooth comb though...like the kind with the handle, it said wet comb on the package..that balances out right?

i might try the soleil razors, gota wait till next we go to town lol(lives in the litteral meaning of "middle of no-where...80ish mile 1 way trip to the nearest wallmart, otherwise its 36 to some minimart style deals :P)
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 03, 2010, 12:04:24 AM

Post Merge: February 03, 2010, 12:06:40 AM

Use shorter strokes, but don't scrape.  And do you exfoliate first.  It really helps by getting rid of the dead skin cells which is what clogs any razor.

i dont exfoliate, im really shy about buying anything even slightly feminine, though i am getting betterish...mostly cuz i was tired of nails breaking, so i got hair/skin/nail vitamins+clear coat polish and polish remover. geuss i just gota suck it up if i want to do it right but god >.< makes my insides feel smushed when i go near the hygene isle >.< so much stuff id like to buy and would never ever dream of going to the register with :x
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Witch hazel is actually a solution with witch hazel in it.  and it is in the same place as the rubbing alcohol.  You may have to make you a long list if you can't get to a bigger store.

I use decongestant because I have some swelling in the sinuses.  But it can be addictive.

QuoteCrap!!! The first reply I get from one of my forum hero's and she says she hates me! *Big Tears*
:icon_redface:  Thank You.
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 03, 2010, 12:17:47 AM
Witch hazel is actually a solution with witch hazel in it.  and it is in the same place as the rubbing alcohol.  You may have to make you a long list if you can't get to a bigger store.

I use decongestant because I have some swelling in the sinuses.  But it can be addictive.
   :icon_redface:  Thank You.

ah, i see. is it at walmart? i have access to big stores...we just dont go very often, usualy the weekend when we do :P

P.S, you really are the forums hero, i see you and the word forum one in the same, of corse you were the one that welcomed me hear :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Don't be embarrassed about buying anything you want.  They don't know if you are buying it for you, your Mom, your Sister or your girlfriend.

Of course, having been married three times I have had a ton of practice buying feminine things.

And a really, really cheap exfoliate is olive oil and salt.  Place some salt in your palm and add just enough oil to make a paste.  Scrub away.  It washes off and moisturizes.

And Walmart should have it.  I don't remember where exactly, because I quit shopping there.  But it should be over by the rubbing alcohol.
  •  

bellbell

janet:

i know i ~shouldnt~ be, but i cant help it :/ i also gota be in the same car for like an hour or something on the way home, and i feel like "oh god oh god oh god their gona see all my stuff and just x.x", but i am getting better like i said, just a fear ill have to get over or life will be pretty hard :/

on the topic of exfoliate...have you ever used that pad thing thats suposed to scrape hair off painlessly with micro crytals?
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Yes I have and yes they work,  But you can get carried away and really hurt your skin.  And being the cheap girl that I am, I have even tried to duplicate it but that was an epic fail.

So it was back to the razors.  Takes just as long.  I would guess you are still with the parental units.  Look for the stuff that is made for guys.  They have it, because guys are getting into the whole skin care regiment now.  They even make a Nair for guys.  ::)
  •  

bellbell

well the whole hair removal other than facial is a touchy subject...my mom noticed and called me out on the subject, and i was just like....!!!!!!! O.O....x.x.....:x....>.<

it was very very awkward >.<

she didnt know that i go all out luckily...or didnt say anything...god it was horrible though :/ "DID YOU SHAVE YOUR LEGS?? PULL UP YOUR PANTLEG, LEME SEE...." x.x she didnt yell it but firm voice, and the whole being called out about it, eep :x

as for the hair removing pad thingy, iv tryed with a nail file thingy, you know the emery pad or what ever its call where its gritty, got it from a friend :P but yeah that worked but i did get kinda carried away an a bit of burning tingly feeling occured.
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Muffin

lol! reminds me of the first time someone in my family noticed I was shaving, I reached across the table and my brother said "what's up with your arms did you shave them?", I said yeah and he asked why and I said "I prefer them that way". End of discussion lol! Few months later he found out the whole story and was cool. ^_^
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Muffin on February 03, 2010, 12:59:01 AM
lol! reminds me of the first time someone in my family noticed I was shaving, I reached across the table and my brother said "what's up with your arms did you shave them?", I said yeah and he asked why and I said "I prefer them that way". End of discussion lol! Few months later he found out the whole story and was cool. ^_^

thankkkk you lol, i shave my arms as well...a few people at school kinda noticed...awkward x.x it was a girl and she pointed out "even girls dont shave their arms" and i noticed all the girls at my school have very hairy arms O.o i stopped shaving compleatly for aa while after that >.< i started shaving again but stopped shaving the arms...i might start that up again, because i just dotn like body hair, my own in perticular.
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Vision

I epilate the arm hair, I cant stand it either.  Got everything else zapped or electroed.  Although the underarm hair appears to be trying to rise from the dead.
  •  

bellbell

my underarm hair grows slowest i think, which is really nice, because its really gross in my opinion...iv had kinda a train going for months now, shave there the least and its the shortest of all :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •