News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

~HAIR CARE~

Started by bellbell, February 01, 2010, 01:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellbell

hiya,

i <3 my hair lol, im sure lotsa other people do too (love THEIR hair that is, not mine, though i hope they like mine too lol) so i thought id start this thread....

discuss your hair care do's/dont's, Homemade hair care products, and what ever hair related subject you feel is important :)

also:

1: name a few of your favorite shampoo/conditioners

&

2: name a few of the worst shampoo/conditioners
"
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

To add shine and repair damage, use olive oil.  Take the virgin or extra virgin oil and warm it is a pan of hot water.  You want it warm, not hot.  Message it into your hair and wrap it up in a towel.  Let soak in for about 15 minutes.  Comb out.

I use Suave shampoo and conditioner.  Inexpensive and they work fine.  I am not fond of Pert, because it leave my hair greasy.
  •  

bellbell

do you do the olive oil before or after a shower? like go to bed after you comb it out an wash the rest away?

and for the Suave, any particular suave? iv used a few different of their products, some leave my hair feeling kinda coarse, some are nice an smooth, but in the end, they all leave it coarse feeling if i do switch it up.
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Use the olive oil after a shower and maybe only once or twice a week.  Like VO5 conditioner.  You can comb it out, but let it stay in it the morning.

Usually I use a clarifying shampoo, before the olive oil treatment and the day after.  But for the most part I use the Color Care shampoo and conditioner, because I color my hair.
  •  

bellbell

many thanks for the tips -hugs- ^.^

i think ill try that friday night, incase i cant get a show one morning, dont wana go to school greasy haired :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Nicky

I get dandruff, so for shampoo (also known as fake>-bleeped-< harhar) I like to use head and shoulders. For a conditioner I'm using a pantene volumising conditioner as I like the extra body in my hair.

My advise is the poos with silicon in them are great except you need to mix them up a little as you can get build up leaving your hair rather heavy and a little greasy I reckon.

You don't really need to wash every day. In fact if you go at least a day without washing your hair is so much easier to tie up (they tell ballet dancers not to wash their hair before a concert - makes it easier to put in a bun). Also it is good for your hair to let your natural oils do some magic.

There was this craze I heard about where you don't wash your hair at all. After about a month it becomes self cleaning - just use water. It ceases to be greasy and lank and you end up with beautiful shiny hair. Aparantly it works, maybe I'll try it one day....

I love my hair too.

Oh, another things - if you use irons, make sure you use a product that helps to protect the hair.

•  

Vision

I love my hair, but boy did it look like crap today.   :(
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Nicky on February 02, 2010, 07:00:19 PM
I get dandruff, so for shampoo (also known as fake>-bleeped-< harhar) I like to use head and shoulders. For a conditioner I'm using a pantene volumising conditioner as I like the extra body in my hair.

My advise is the poos with silicon in them are great except you need to mix them up a little as you can get build up leaving your hair rather heavy and a little greasy I reckon.

You don't really need to wash every day. In fact if you go at least a day without washing your hair is so much easier to tie up (they tell ballet dancers not to wash their hair before a concert - makes it easier to put in a bun). Also it is good for your hair to let your natural oils do some magic.

There was this craze I heard about where you don't wash your hair at all. After about a month it becomes self cleaning - just use water. It ceases to be greasy and lank and you end up with beautiful shiny hair. Aparantly it works, maybe I'll try it one day....

I love my hair too.

Oh, another things - if you use irons, make sure you use a product that helps to protect the hair.

yeah i dont wash my hair every day, it gets too dry anyways when i do that, and then tangly and bleh x.x

no iron for me, however my friend today told me she has some curler things, like the rollers you put in your hair, that warm up, she said they dont get ~hot~ just warm, which doesnt sound tooo bad, ever used these? if so, any tips are welcome...i got some spray "frizz-ease" by "john frieda collection" says heat defeat an stuff, i figured hey, it gets hot hear, maybe itll offer sun protection :P.

also: hears a recipy i tryed and loved, gave me movie star hair, very wierd stuff, but it works!

ingredients:
-------------------
a bit of olive oil

cocoa powde ( the bitter pure cocoa stuff, not like chocolate milk mix or something)

1 puree'd banana

just work it in, let it get to the roots a ends, and i let it sit for about 5 minutes, then rinsed, shampoo'ed an conditioned, SOOOOO silky :)

Post Merge: February 02, 2010, 07:24:29 PM

Quote from: Vision on February 02, 2010, 07:05:00 PM
I love my hair, but boy did it look like crap today.   :(

-huggys- im sure it wasnt that bad :)
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Muffin

QuoteApple cider vinegar has been the wise woman's health and beauty ally for centuries.

Now science tells us that it promotes blood circulation in the small blood capillaries that irrigate the skin. It is also antiseptic, combating yeasts, viruses and bacteria that can cause infection.

Apple cider vinegar is rich in alpha-hydroxy acids, helping to dissolve fatty deposits on the skin's surface and reducing scaly conditions, promoting a softer, smoother appearance. This miracle fluid also regulates the pH of the skin.

You won't believe how many ways apple cider vinegar can be used to promote healthier skin and hair! Find out some of the couldn't-be-simpler ways to put it to work for you, below:

1. Hair rinse: Apple cider vinegar gets rid of residue build-up on hair, leaving it soft and shiny. Mix 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar with 1 quart water and use as a final rinse after shampooing.

2. Stain remover: If your hands are stained from chopping berries, dab some straight apple cider vinegar on the stains and they'll disappear like magic.

3. Tired, swollen hands or feet: Rub a little apple cider vinegar on tired, sore, or swollen hands or feet and feel the soothing difference.

4. Overnight facial: Get rid of blemishes and make your skin more youthful by patting apple cider vinegar on your face before bed. You'll have softer, smoother skin in the morning!

5. Sunburn bath: If you've been singed by the sun, find soothing relief by adding a cupful of apple cider vinegar to your bath and soaking for 10 minutes.

6. Topical skin burns: Apply ice-cold apple cider vinegar to prevent blistering.

7. Lightening age spots: Dab areas with straight apple cider vinegar and leave on overnight.

8. Dandruff fighter: Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts warm water to balance scalp pH and control dandruff. You can also apply undiluted vinegar to the scalp. Allow it to penetrate, then shampoo with a mild shampoo.
  •  

Janet_Girl

I make a toner with one cup cider vinegar and one cup green tea.  But I might try it with spearmint tea.  Might help with the facial hair.
  •  

bellbell

janet: to stop growth, increase growth, or like to help for shaving?

muffin: i didnt know it was good for hair, but i used apple cider vinegar for acne treatment which worked pretty good :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

To slow growth.  In another thread Rejennyrated was talking about spearmint tea helping to reduce body hair.  So I figure that it might work to retard the facial crud.
  •  

bellbell

oh, cool, ill definatly try that then...im lazy when it comes to shaving but i really hate the face fuzz
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

Maybe by combining this with electrolysis and/or laser, the face fuzz will be easier to handle.
  •  

bellbell

use it on my legs too cuz thats even more of  apain lol x.x go through razors like crazy :/
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

I use an electric, reusable.  Or Nair if I haven't shaved in a while, such as Winter.  Which remind me I need to shave for tomorrow.
  •  

placeholdername

Quote from: Nicky on February 02, 2010, 07:00:19 PM

It is true. I had a friend in boarding school (guy) who did that.
  •  

bellbell

i have an electric that i use when im lazy, but i hate to becuase it doesnt get it all :/ i like it smooth as possible, bugs me when a day later i get stubble, ruin the hard work i put into trying to get rida it...or the itch of regrowth in places like pits

i shave winter or summer, the smoothness factor outweighs the bitter cold :P or corse the problem for me is shaving at all, gota get a motivational speaker to get me in the mood to do it x.x my razors dull really easy, dono if its cuz their cheap or my hairs corse, i like to think its the first thing.

Post Merge: February 02, 2010, 10:15:28 PM

Quote from: Ketsy on February 02, 2010, 11:11:31 PM
It is true. I had a friend in boarding school (guy) who did that.

to be honest, it just sounded gross, too greasy lol, but if we got a confirmation, maybe ill try it :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •  

Janet_Girl

If I had a bathtub it would be easier.  Soak then shave.  But with only a shower it is a pain with a razor.  If I want a close shave, electric first then razor.
  •  

bellbell

Quote from: Janet Lynn on February 02, 2010, 11:18:37 PM
If I had a bathtub it would be easier.  Soak then shave.  But with only a shower it is a pain with a razor.  If I want a close shave, electric first then razor.

do you use shaving cream? i recomend Traderjoes brand shave cream, its honey mango, smellllls sooooooo awsome :P dono if you gota trader joes there though, might be a california chain store.

i have a tub/shower but iv never shaved in the tub i always just stand up, helps the skin stay pulled out too, but also i get pruned so quick in water if im sitting there, cant stand being pruned, which is wierd cuz i love being in water :P
"

-- The Dalia Lama
  •