Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

wrist jewelllery

Started by Pippa, March 10, 2010, 06:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippa

I am hapy with most of the jewellery I own but I cannot get bangles to fit over my hand.   My wrists are pretty average in size, just over seven inches in radius and my hand is actually quite small.  But my hands are wide and as my thumbs are not double jointed, I find I cannot get bangles over the wide part of my hand.

I have bracelets and I don't really like hinged bracelets or cuffs.  Any ideas?
  •  

kyril

Unfortunately bangles are only really designed for people whose hands and wrists fall within a particular size range. When I was trying to be fem, I couldn't wear them because my hands are tiny and they basically fell right off if I moved wrong.

If they're very close to fitting though, you could try to get them on and off in the shower (seriously). Warm water and soap will lubricate your skin, and the heat will cause the metal bangles to expand slightly, and between those two things you just might be able to do it. I've been able to slide things off my wrists that really weren't supposed to slide off by using the shower trick.

•  

Hikari

There are some nice elegant looking watches out there if you are just looking for something to go onto your wrists. The only other thing that comes to mind is those little "snap" bracelets that you slap onto your wrist but, those look out of place on anyone over 14...  Since I am in the gothic subculture it is very easy for me, I have plenty of spiked bracelets for nearly any occasion (and chokers, boots, etc).

私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

lizbeth

if they are metal try bending them into more of an oval shape. most of the bangels I want are ceramic though, and ceramic doesn't want to bend for me for some reason.  ;)
  •  

Nero

What Kyril said. Don't feel bad Pippa, I had the bracelet problem too as a little girl. My wrists were just too wide so the other little girls couldn't put them on me. Which wasn't such a bad thing.  :laugh:
I like Hikari's idea about watches. They make some that are just like bracelets but functional.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

barbie

Bangles are for summer. At Wal-mart, I saw bangles of a wide range of size and style. Some of them are opened and looked to fit to any wrist size. I purchased two of them:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=2020

A problem was that they are too cheap < $5 and the paint was easily worn out  ::) But they are very flexible.

Barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Erica L.

Very cute! At <$5, they fall into that "too-good-to-be-true" category!
  •  

Bombi

I wear an "island hook" bracelet. It has a built in clasp as part of the design.
They are kind of unisex down here, worn by both men and women.
ttp://www.sonyaltd.com/
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

Kellsie

Premier Jewelery company makes metal bracelets that have the ability to stretch.  I too have large hands, 13years in the martial arts and I have broken every bone in both hands 3 times.  I can wear those, the only problem is you have to find a consultant in your area.  I am lucky I have a friend that sells it.
Smile, everyone will wonder what you are up to.
  •