Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How hormones change someone's face

Started by Riannah, March 18, 2010, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riannah

I'm interested in learning and seeing how hormones change someones face so that I will have realistic expectations. Can someone tell me what to expect and which aspects of a face normally change? The only thing I've heard until now is that hormones can make a face a bit fuller. Is there someone here who wants to show me pictures from before and after?

•  

MissLiliana

It can change your cheeks a little bit, and it will make your skin softer and more female-like.

But it cant change any bone structure (IE. Chin, forehead, etc), for that you need FFS.
  •  

K8

As Liliana said, hormones should soften your face and make the skin smoother.  I've noticed my cheeks are more full.  But there are no guarantees. ::)

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Asfsd4214

I don't know the exact physical way your face is changed to appear more female, I just know that I have seen hormones do it to an astonishing degree.

So try not to get too hung up on bone structure stuff until at least a year on hormones (depending on age), because they can make very significant changes.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Riannah on March 18, 2010, 10:08:47 PM
I'm interested in learning and seeing how hormones change someones face so that I will have realistic expectations. Can someone tell me what to expect and which aspects of a face normally change? The only thing I've heard until now is that hormones can make a face a bit fuller. Is there someone here who wants to show me pictures from before and after?

I haven't noticed any changes in my face personally after 10 years on HRT but some do get more fat in their face and slightly softer skin.
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

JillEclipse

do you think it will make my face more feminine cuz i already look that way lol. will female hormones make my face more masculine? i am slightly chubby and i dont want my face to look more chubby. also i read somewhere that female hormones add more fat to the lower face. is this true, because that doesnt make sense. males have more fat in their lower face. 

another question, do females have healthier skin than males? even females who dont use skin products every day? i know females have longer lifespans, but females have way fairer skin than males the same age.
  •  

K8

Estrogen generally will add a layer of subcutaneous fat - a thin layer of fat under the skin.  That probably is what softens the contours of the face and helps give a more feminine appearance.  But as several on this site will attest, there are no guarantees and everyone's results will be a little different.

It will also reduce the size of your sebaceous cells, the heaviest concentration of which are on the face and scalp.  Reducing their size will give your skin a smoother appearance.  (Removal of facial hair helps, too.)

Also, estrogen tends to dry the skin.  If you are taking estrogen, your skin will appreciate the use of lotions.

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

Myself

Quote from: K8 on March 20, 2010, 10:00:33 AM
Estrogen generally will add a layer of subcutaneous fat - a thin layer of fat under the skin.

It won't add it, it will thicken it. Every human has it.

Quote from:  JillEclipse
do you think it will make my face more feminine cuz i already look that way lol. will female hormones make my face more masculine? i am slightly chubby and i dont want my face to look more chubby. also i read somewhere that female hormones add more fat to the lower face. is this true, because that doesnt make sense. males have more fat in their lower face. 

another question, do females have healthier skin than males? even females who dont use skin products every day? i know females have longer lifespans, but females have way fairer skin than males the same age.

It will feminize it and will prevent further effects of hormones which will make it more masculine.

It adds fat to the cheeks, not much to the lowest face (might even take quite a bit from there)

Women usually have softer, brighter skin than men, as well as a better texture:
* Women skin is thinner and more sensitive - this makes it brighter and your sensations to touch heightened.
* The thicker underlying layer of fat helps the softness, as well as the reduced skin layers which removes the coarseness.

It is actually said that men's skin ages more gracefully, due to the thick layers it is more resistant to wrinkles, sun radiation and damage. Yet most people agree, a female skin is much better looking. A man's skin protection (coarseness, thickness) is what damages the skin appearance and contributes to it looking "rough" and masculine.

Another thing is that men skin is more oily and the blood vessels are different (changes on hormones) between men and women, this also contributes to pretty/rough feminine/masculine look.
  •  

spacial

As for health, the only way to healthy skin and the rest of you is to eat a lot of roughage, drink lots of water, don't smoke or be around it and get lots of sun.
  •  

Myself

Quote from: spacial on March 20, 2010, 11:03:17 AM
As for health, the only way to healthy skin and the rest of you is to eat a lot of roughage, drink lots of water, don't smoke or be around it and get lots of sun.

Yep. Drinking and using sun protection KEEPS SKIN YOUNG.
Staying in good weight and eating a good diet (and a bit low on carbs) helps tons.

Oh and women's skin almost always looks younger.
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: K8 on March 20, 2010, 10:00:33 AM
Also, estrogen tends to dry the skin.  If you are taking estrogen, your skin will appreciate the use of lotions.- Kate
I have been wondering which one of my HRT pills were causeing my hands to be dry all the time!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

lilacwoman

hormones will perhaps increase fat on your face or maybe decrease it...hard to say...but most extreme chnage I got was from areally serious diet...looked very nice but I've had lotsa trouble over the last year and done too much comfort eating and its fattened my face up again...maybe when I have the jaw feminising I will not be able to eat and that will be a very effective diet.
  •  

Myself

Quote from: lilacwoman on March 21, 2010, 03:38:37 PM
hormones will perhaps increase fat on your face or maybe decrease it...hard to say...but most extreme chnage I got was from areally serious diet...looked very nice but I've had lotsa trouble over the last year and done too much comfort eating and its fattened my face up again...maybe when I have the jaw feminising I will not be able to eat and that will be a very effective diet.

when are you doing jaw surgery? I think jaw is RARELY needed, but a good chin work is the key.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: lilacwoman on March 21, 2010, 03:38:37 PM

I wish I could get a fatter face. My face is very thin these days and almost skelital which is very male looking. When you have more fat in your face you look younger and more feminine.
  •  

Christy Edwards

Yea u win and u lose, I guess. I am 6'3 and use to weigh 245lbs. Now I weigh 190. Now my face
is not full at all, but my over all body is much better.....
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Christy Edwards on March 22, 2010, 10:03:44 AM
Yea u win and u lose, I guess. I am 6'3 and use to weigh 245lbs. Now I weigh 190. Now my face
is not full at all, but my over all body is much better.....

I'm not 6' 3" so that's a blessing! I'm 5' 7" which I still think is tall for a woman! I agree with you that if I lost any more weight I might be in good shape physically but I'd loose the little bit of facial fat I still have!

The more HRT I take, the more fat I get on my belly and the less on my face! it's very hard to get the right fat distribution and I wish I had fat on my thighs and hips instead of my belly.
  •  

Christy Edwards

Looking at your photo, your cheeks do look full. I've only been on E and spiro for 10 days...So believe me I do have some padded help for my hips and butt... :D  You are very pretty though...
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: Christy Edwards on March 22, 2010, 11:27:19 AM
Looking at your photo, your cheeks do look full. I've only been on E and spiro for 10 days...So believe me I do have some padded help for my hips and butt... :D  You are very pretty though...

Surely you don't mean me?
  •  

lilacwoman

Quote from: Myself on March 21, 2010, 04:15:45 PM
when are you doing jaw surgery? I think jaw is RARELY needed, but a good chin work is the key.
well I sw the plastic surgeonands he said chin and then a slice off each side of jaw woudl look good too...so I said 'Yes please!'   I'm in England so it's not costing a penny.

(Before you Americans all start whingeing about our NHS ponder that fact that over last three years I have still spent about $10,000 on treatment the NHS should provide.  And you'll be glad when Obama's Medicare gets into gear cos it will need funding by putting gas and diesel up to $8 a gallon.)
  •  

Smith

I heard from my doctor, is depend on the young person, as younger you are, the female hormone will change your face looking more feminine, thin skin, soft skin, and smaller pores.
So, my doctor said, if you are young person, 14~18 doing female HRT then get earlier surgery, when you reach 20 years old, your face like any truly woman else, and FFS is not necessary.
Woman skull and man skull is different, woman has smaller skull than man, and you will get this (smaller skull) like real woman if you're 14~18 as female HRT (transgender girl I meant).
So the point is, if someone has female puberty, she will has feminine face should be (the hormone caused), and ofcourse feminine life is needed. :D

Quote from: Riannah on March 18, 2010, 10:08:47 PM
  •