Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How hormones change someone's face

Started by Riannah, March 18, 2010, 10:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myself

actually the skull reaches full size at around the ages of 15-16.

Sorry! :P
  •  

K8

Here're a couple of pictures.  The first is 18 days on hormones.  The second is 11 months on hormones. 

Other than being obviously happier in the second picture, I think there have been a few changes.

- Kate
Life is a pilgrimage.
  •  

JillEclipse

you look like a mad scientist lol

if hormones (at the age of 16) changed the skull size how would that work? Would your brain cavity get smaller? How would that affect your brain? Your intelligience? i am trying to figure out if having a big skull is a bad thing. If you have a big body (like me) it offsets the size of your body.

by the way i am 6 foot 3. never in my life have i seen a woman as tall as me. then again i have not attended many drag queen marathons.
  •  

Myself

Quote from: JillEclipse on March 27, 2010, 09:30:50 PM
you look like a mad scientist lol

if hormones (at the age of 16) changed the skull size how would that work? Would your brain cavity get smaller? How would that affect your brain? Your intelligience? i am trying to figure out if having a big skull is a bad thing. If you have a big body (like me) it offsets the size of your body.

by the way i am 6 foot 3. never in my life have i seen a woman as tall as me. then again i have not attended many drag queen marathons.

There is no real difference in the brain cavity/chamber size.

Women have more white matter, men have more grey matter.

White matter is thought to be connection units, Grey matter is thought to be processing units.

On average, male brain is bigger and heavier by about 100g.

This is not due to skull size, this is due to hormones, study showed on hormones, women who take testosterone have their brain grow to male size and white/grey matter ratio changed also. men (or women who needs it, like us) who take estrogen and anti-androgen had their brain shrink and lose mass, white and grey matter ratio changed to female range.

Study can be found here:

Changing your sex changes your brain: influences of testosterone and estrogen on adult human brain structure
http://www.eje-online.org/cgi/content/full/155/suppl_1/S107

Enjoy!
  •  

Kay Henderson

Quote from: JillEclipse on March 27, 2010, 09:30:50 PM
by the way i am 6 foot 3. never in my life have i seen a woman as tall as me.

I tend to notice tall women, and I've encountered quite a few who are taller than I am (6' 1-1/2").  I check to see if they are wearing flat shoes, and they are.

They're not masculine in appearance or demeanor, either.  One teen I see at a grocery store occasionally is slender and quite pretty.

I once had some sessions with a clinical psychologist in her sixties who was definitely a genetic female, and she was my height.

Julia Child was 6'2".
  •  

JillEclipse

was she african american or caucasian? african american females tend to be taller. Still, I have never seen one as tall as me :(

i dont know, i am kind of scared about hormones now, i don't want my brain to shrink! lol
  •  

Kay Henderson

Quote from: JillEclipse on March 28, 2010, 09:55:18 AM
was she african american or caucasian?

All of the tall women I referred to were Caucasian.
  •  

milktea

i never stay too long in the sun cos my skin is sensitive to intense sunlight...it actually seems to do more good than bad --> fairer and younger looking, theory being that uv ages the skin

the downside is that you got to take vitamin e and your skin gets sunburnt easier...so i use sunblock lotion and carry a thick umbrella during the day...a lil gothic but....big deal...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have a post-op recovery blog now...yeah!
  •  

Frances

Everyone has a different experience, but the changes were quite remarkable for me. The cheek/face muscles atrophied, the skin peeled for an entire summer around my mouth and got thinner, a layer of fat deposited all over my face, but moreso on my cheekbones, my skin become smoother and my nose actually became narrower, and it was already narrow! It also made the lines on my forehead disappear.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?success=1&id=1528418539

PanoramaIsland

My experience has been that my face now looks softer and rounder, I've got a little more flesh under my chin, and my cheeks are a tad more pronounced. Your mileage may vary, of course.
  •  

Nigella

yeah, I can vouch for that, face has got rounder, cheeks fuller and nose smaller as it was the fatty bits that changed I suppose not the cartilage. My pic shows this well I think. Will not change the bone structure unless pre adolescent 15/16

Stardust 
  •  

Naturally Blonde

I honestly couldn't see any difference in the two picture's from K8. But I think HRT can soften the skin, fill out the face and make the face look less gaunt. For me personally if anything I've lost a bit of weight from my face since being on HRT which isn't good from my point of view. I think a fatter rounder face always looks more feminine.
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •