Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transition After 25

Started by Janet_Girl, April 30, 2010, 04:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When did you begin Transition Prt. 2

Over 25
15 (23.8%)
Over 30
26 (41.3%)
Over 40
9 (14.3%)
Over 50
9 (14.3%)
Over 60
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Janet_Girl

Northern Jane started one that was for the Under 25 crowd, so now it is our turn.  For all of us older girls and boys.

Many of us started a lot older because of our own personal circumstances.  So time to ante up.

Post Merge: April 30, 2010, 04:26:27 PM

As the first up I began at 54.  I have only had an Orchidectomy.  But I tried 20 plus years ago.
  •  

V M

I've wanted to transition the moment I learned that I was different than my mom and sisters

But I was afraid and had no clue to any resources until I got my own computer

44 years old turned out to be my magic number  :icon_chick:
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

placeholdername

I'm 27, but everyone tells me I look 19 or 20.  Don't know where to fit in (story of my life :P).
  •  

Rock_chick

Quote from: Ketsy on April 30, 2010, 04:42:33 PM
I'm 27, but everyone tells me I look 19 or 20.  Don't know where to fit in (story of my life :P).

I get this too...no one ever guesses my real age...I've been told I'll probably end up looking even younger once I start HRT. hehe

I'm not complaining one little bit. and I'm 29...so just in my 20's
  •  

kyril

I'm 27, but like most FTMs I look like a teenager. I'm just starting.

•  

MeghanAndrews

I'd say I started when I was 37 but did most of it when I was 38. I am not counting the coming out to my brother when I was 8 or the "almost" at 30, I'm talking "this is what I am doing and here is my plan" and following through with it :)
  •  

AmySmiles

I'm 26.  I wish I'd gone through with it back when I was 22 (when I started and then quit), but I dunno if I'd be in such a good position now if I had. 
  •  

cynthialee

I knew at for sure at nine, but I waited 32 years before I got the guts to do something about it. So now I am 42 and actively transitioning.

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Al James

After putting it off for years and denying it to everyone then thinking i could just sit on it and it would behave i finally gave in last year and had my first app this march making me 38
  •  

MillieB

After wanting to transition all through my teens I buried it pretty deep until last year, actively started to look at transition this year. I'm 38 but a woman said that I looked 30-32 tops the other evening. (she was a bit drunk and trying to sleep with me though! :laugh:)

Wish that I'd followed my heart sooner but life is too short for those kind of regrets.
  •  

Vanessa_yhvh

I suddenly hit the brakes and couldn't delay any longer. Found a support group a few days later.

Started laser and HRT over the next couple of weeks.

Now I'm about 2 months in.
  •  

sylvie

I started seeing a therapist when I was 36, but didn't decide to transition till I was 37. 
  •  

hkgurl1480

Well I am 39, and have never looked my age, so i am told.
I am now about 3 months along my path, in therapy and should start on AA's soon.  Not exactly sure where i will end up, but one thing is certain, i ain't going back.
  •  

SusanKG

I'm 64, and I guess it depends on how loose you define transition. I went to my first support group meeting about 6 months ago, first saw my therapist 4 months ago, started HT 2 months ago, and due to current family/home situation have not actually began appropriate dress etc. which to me means real transition. That is to change in 1 to 3 months, so if this qualifies me as in at least transition-light, then I started at 63.

Quote from: MillieB on April 30, 2010, 08:55:22 PM
Wish that I'd followed my heart sooner but life is too short for those kind of regrets.

So true Millie, so very true. The regrets will remain in the past with T--; Susan will not carry them forward, but is planning one giant goodbye party for them.  :icon_birthday:

SusanKG
  •  

Nero

You mean when did we start transition or when we finished it?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Sarah B

Its hard to say, my Birthday is in February and I left a major city in January and arrived in another city in February 1989 and my age at the time was 30.  I would have to go to check my diaries to confirm whether I was under 30 or not :).

However as Nero alluded to, "when did I complete my changes?'.  Well that is easy.  I completed my changes in 1991 and guess what it was a February!  Just a few days before my birthday.  I tried to get my surgery on my birthday, but that was not possible.  However I had one of the best birthday presents of my life, given to me by my surgeon.

So I will tick the 'over 30's' box.  Take care and best wishes to all

Kind regards
Sarah B
Be who you want to be.
Sarah's Story
  •  

Jamie-o

I'm 35 and have been on hormones for a year.  Surgery is probably at least another year away, though.  :(
  •  

Janet_Girl

Quote from: Nero on April 30, 2010, 11:35:12 PM
You mean when did we start transition or when we finished it?

When you started,  Nero.  You are finished?  No plans for bottom?
  •  

kae m

Some of us go a ridiculously slow pace for individual reasons, maybe so slow that it's hard to even tell where you stand at any moment.  I've found just in the past month that I'm seen as the correct gender more frequently, except if I happen to be in my work clothes or I'm interacting with people who have known me in the past.  I should probably get around to getting the "coming out thing" done and over with.

Anyway, I started therapy and other things when I was 24, I started hormones at 25, I'm now 26 and definitely not "finished" whatever that ends up meaning.  So, kinda like my current gender presentation, I'm not sure where I fit in either group.
  •  

LordKAT

Quote from: MGKelly on May 01, 2010, 10:48:57 AM
So, kinda like my current gender presentation, I'm not sure where I fit in either group.

Were you ever certain?
  •