Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Gender is Your Name?

Started by Crow, June 03, 2010, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You are...

A man with a male name
31 (21.5%)
A man with a unisex name
18 (12.5%)
A man with a female name
16 (11.1%)
An androgyne with a unisex name
5 (3.5%)
An androgyne with a female name
10 (6.9%)
And androgyne with a male name
4 (2.8%)
A woman with a female name
37 (25.7%)
A woman with a unisex name
10 (6.9%)
A woman with a male name
9 (6.3%)
Other
4 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 88

SnailPace

I'm a guy with a female name, although I sometimes delude myself into thinking it's gender neutral.  Alea.
  •  

Aikotribs

man with a womans name ... yeah rocking that boat!
  •  

AbbyK

My birth name isn't really either gender.. It's Zappa ^^ (named after Frank Zappa)
  •  

Rossiter

My name's August, which is either male or unisex depending on where you are and if you're even aware it's a name. I've only ever met guys with the name and I generally get stuff addressed to "Mr." (legally I'm still F) but people who've thought I was a girl found it totally normal. (I did change my name, but it was years before I started transition and wasn't really about that.)
  •  

toxicblue

I'm female, with a feminine "preferred" name.  My given name, at least in nickname form, is unisex, but the name I chose was what my parents would've called me if I was born biologically female.
  •  

some ftm guy

guy with a guy name. though there are a couple places where i saw girls with that name. Miley Cyrus's little sister is named that. and some teen mom or something like that show named their daughter that so I'm hoping it's not becoming a girls name.
  •  

Janet_Girl

definitely a woman with a feminine name.  Gee go figure.  Funny that it is a feminine version of my male-name, which was totally accidental.
  •  

Ribbons

My birth name is feminine. My preferred name is unisex, though more commonly used for men.
  •  

twistedpixie

My given name is male, but I usually go by a shortened version of it which is unisex.
  •  

R3i

An androgyne with a female name and i hate it cause people are always pronouncing it wrong so i have to walk them through it. 5 minutes later theyre back to mangling it again. =<
  •  

Kentrie

My real name, the one I was born with and use is Kentrie so I picked other.
Push it baby, push it baby, out of control, I got my gun cocked tight and I'm ready to blow. ;)
  •  

Brayden

•  

CynthiaAnn

woman with a female name, and that's the way I like it, uh huh....

Cynthia
  •  

GingerVicki

•  

SeptagonScars

Woman with a female name, both my birth name and chosen name. However I still respond to my previous, male, chosen name that I had while I thought I was a man during my transition, cause it was during such a long time (9 years) that most people who know me got very used to it. I'm fine with people calling me by it. I don't feel any dysphoria towards my previous male name, but I don't think it fits me now that I see myself as a woman, and I think it's a very dull and boring name. I've never had a nickname.

I'm afab, transitioned to male and now partially detransitioning to nb/androgynous, basically. But I consider myself a woman because I'm fine with being afab, although I'm also still fine with most of my transition.

I've actually been considering possibly taking back my birth name at some point. I've hated it my entire life, at least since I was around 4 years old, but since very recently I've been starting to become fine with it, and feel some positive emotional connection to it. I haven't been called by that name for a long time, and I kinda miss it? I still dunno yet though, it would be a huge thing for me if I'd ever actually want it back. Also I really like my current chosen name, and don't particularly want to ditch it.

My birth name: Sara.
The male name I previously went by: John.
Current chosen name: Laura.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: SeptagonScars on May 05, 2019, 06:10:57 AM
Woman with a female name, both my birth name and chosen name. However I still respond to my previous, male, chosen name that I had while I thought I was a man during my transition, cause it was during such a long time (9 years) that most people who know me got very used to it. I'm fine with people calling me by it. I don't feel any dysphoria towards my previous male name, but I don't think it fits me now that I see myself as a woman, and I think it's a very dull and boring name. I've never had a nickname.

I'm afab, transitioned to male and now partially detransitioning to nb/androgynous, basically. But I consider myself a woman because I'm fine with being afab, although I'm also still fine with most of my transition.

I've actually been considering possibly taking back my birth name at some point. I've hated it my entire life, at least since I was around 4 years old, but since very recently I've been starting to become fine with it, and feel some positive emotional connection to it. I haven't been called by that name for a long time, and I kinda miss it? I still dunno yet though, it would be a huge thing for me if I'd ever actually want it back. Also I really like my current chosen name, and don't particularly want to ditch it.

My birth name: Sara.
The male name I previously went by: John.
Current chosen name: Laura.
All lovely names. Fascinating.
My legal given name is Kynun John.

As a child I liked Christine, now I like Kirsten.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

MeTony

I have two female names that were given to me at birth. Won't write my first name here. They are both pretty uncommon names in Sweden. My second name is Pauliina. It's a Finnish spelling of Pauline.

My chosen name is Pierre but I have not legally changed it yet.

I answer to both my given first name and chosen name.

I picked the name Tony in 2009 when I finally got the last bit of the puzzle. This is my online name.

Tony with this spelling is masculine. Pierre...I guess masculine. Never heared of a girl with that name.

Tony
  •  

KathyLauren

My birth name was unambiguously male.  I chose a new name that was unambiguously female.  I definitely wanted to avoid having an androgynous name.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Linde

My birth name and my now legal female name are very close to each other.  My initials stayed the same as did everything which has an abbreviated first name with my last name.

My birth name was Dietmar, and my new legal name is Dietlind (both are very ancient Germanic/Nordic names, and mean close to the same if translated)
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•