Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Eyebrow Transplants

Started by MsVeggieMonster, January 07, 2011, 05:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsVeggieMonster

Hi there, I was wondering if any of you have had or know someone who had eyebrow transplants?  Like, the normal FUE (?) hair transplants, but to make your eyebrows more arch-y or what have you.  It seems like it would be really nice, but I'm wondering if they come out dense enough or just end up looking strange?
  •  

Cindy Stephens

I have never heard of this.  I have seen the results of eyelash transplants though.  They take head hair and transplant it to the lashes.  It continues to grow and has to be trimmed occasionally.  I suspect that with the growing use of Latisse, that type of transplant will fade out.  Don't most girls draw eyebrows on anyway?  At least partly.  I have heard of girls being advised that if they overplucked to use Minoxidil on a q-tip to encourage growth.  I would love to use Latisse, but $100/month is too pricey for me. 
  •  

lilacwoman

I had hair transplants from back to front to cover the slight baldness and asked the surgeon about eyebrow transplants as mine are thin and the left one is distorted from a childhood accident and I said what about transplanting leg hairs as they seem stiff. the right colour and naturally die off when short rather than head hairs but he said he didnt transplant leg hairs but did put headhairs onto eyebrows but they needed periodic trimming to stop getting messy like old men's eyebrows get.
  •  

Cindy Stephens

Excuse me Dee_pntx,
Please reread the info on Latisse.  The drug itself is used as a glaucoma medicine in the eye, and is placed directly in the eye as a drop.  That is why they noticed it caused eyelash growth.  It does SOMETIMES cause the colored part to change to brown when used THAT way.  Now, Latisse  is applied to the eyelash line-on the lid.  It is not meant, in this usage to go into the eye itself.  There are quite a few reports that it leaves a red irritation at the lid line for some people, but I would like to see ANY reports of people having problems with eye color change using the product as directed.  Even when used directly in the eye as a drop only 3% experienced any color change.  Latisse is a drug and as such is required to be prescribed by a doctor.  It is most often prescribed by plastic surgeon offices.  If eye color change was occurring, one would think that these people wouldn't prescribe it, if only to protect their reputations.  Knowledge is power, and misinformation is a misapplication of power.
  •  

pebbles

Umm no they don't do that however there is a soft tissue surgery of FFS where they lift part of your brow to make it higher if you so wish. but yeah this is something that fluctuates alot with women normally and you can just pluck them into most shapes you like.
  •  

1softweakprettysweetts

"SRS Scheduled with Marci Bowers 2/22/11" Did that ever make me smile! I am excited FOR you! Also, 2 is my lucky number; I would love to have an SRS date like that. :)
  •