Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Masculine earrings?

Started by Ryuu, January 17, 2010, 03:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzar

Quote from: Virginia Marie on January 18, 2010, 07:49:45 PM
I knew a guy who made jewelry

He made gauge ear studs in the shape of a penis with the balls as backings behind the ear lobe  ::)

OMG YES DO WANT!  Mine are like 1/2 hoops with ball studs at the ends and one has like spikes on the ends. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10756795
  •  

LynnER

Well.... Something like these two looks pretty cool.
http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Stock001/earring/INAQ4090s.jpg
http://www.acejewellery.co.uk/get_product_image.php?img=DUNMN0062.jpg&type=large

But everything else Ive seen looks too soft... (granted I just did a quick run through... it all comes down to finish)
  •  

insanitylives

Quote from: LynnER on January 19, 2010, 01:58:36 PM
Silver reflects light softly. I used to run with some pretty masculine people... not a one would wear silver in there ears.
Never noticed that.
Hm, maybe my holes will stop turning greenish if I switch to stainless...
  •  

spacial

Quote from: Aaron Chris on January 17, 2010, 03:34:36 PM
I have 4 ear piercings, though two of them I'm letting close. (They were a menarche present so it seemed appropriate) I don't want the other two to close though, so I'm going to buy earrings. But I don't want any that will make me look girly. What kind of earrings would look less girly? I'm considering gauging them, would that work?

Aaron.

I get the impression that men who wear earings are making a statement about how secure they are with their sexuality.

Anything of this kind is designed to attract attention. But you need to attract the sort of attention you want.

It's entirely up to you, but I suggest you go for a plain gold ring, every small. Perhaps in only one ear.

Personally, I wouldn't use one at all.
  •  

LynnER

"Hm, maybe my holes will stop turning greenish if I switch to stainless..."

Greenish means there's copper in what ever your wearing.... So its bronze, brass, copper, something lightly plated or even what they call German silver, though its hard for that one to corrode... Real silver would corrode black.  Gold and surgical stainless are your best bets if you want to stop the corrosion from happening and dying your skin.
  •  

Katie.D

Quote from: Virginia Marie on January 18, 2010, 07:49:45 PM
I knew a guy who made jewelry

He made gauge ear studs in the shape of a penis with the balls as backings behind the ear lobe  ::)

I have a pair that look like the "pull tab" on a zipper, I suppose it's somewhat suggestive :)
  •  

Ryuu

Quote from: Katie.D on January 30, 2010, 10:03:21 PM
I have a pair that look like the "pull tab" on a zipper, I suppose it's somewhat suggestive :)

So do I actually haha. But they're dangly so they're out as an option.
I ordered these off of ebay:
What do y'all think? I see a lot of guys wearing them (albiet I have a lot of gay friends :laugh: )
  •  

Katie.D

Quote from: Aaron Chris on January 31, 2010, 12:07:18 AM
So do I actually haha. But they're dangly so they're out as an option.
I ordered these off of ebay:
What do y'all think? I see a lot of guys wearing them (albiet I have a lot of gay friends :laugh: )

That's a very masculine style
  •  

zombiesarepeaceful

I have like....I lost count of how many earrings in my right ear. I had mine gauged to zero, and trying to get there again. I have rainbow spiral earrings in one ear along with small gauges, black horseshoes, and silver studs. I have some original piercings too, my conch is pierced in both ears. I've been asked by males before, and females, why I have so many ear piercings cause, "Isn't that girly?" I just looked at them and said, "So, it's how I express myself. It's neither male or female."

And that was that. Go for you. Obviously earrings from Claires won't work though. Lol.
  •  

Walter

I just got my ears pierced two days ago

But uhm..I got three pairs of earrings afterwords to wear when the holes heal up. All of them look pretty feminine..but when I got my ears pierced I was feeling pretty Female-ish so..yeah lol

I'm now looking into getting just some plain ol' silver earrings. Since I wear silver jewelry all the time, I can now experiment with what to put in my ears lol

Edit: Those body accent piercings look cool. I was thinking of getting some of those. They sell them here at Spencer Gifts
  •  

K@I

i think stretching your ears is a good idea, stretching i think is seen as unisex but more males have stretched ears so it is seen as more masculine but looks good on either sex. I'd say go for it ^-^
  •