Main Menu

Weird male "nicknames"

Started by Carson, June 12, 2010, 08:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elvistears

Dude, that's terrible!  Hope yr ok.
  •  

Between Names

I'm okay, thanks.  Just went in for a follow-up and the doctor said I look "fantastic" for one day of healing.  Maybe 6 days and I can get the stitches out. :)
  •  

Carson

Quote from: Muddy on June 13, 2010, 11:38:35 PM
Carson, by any chance, is your dad former military?

haha yeah he is actually, air force. Why do you ask?

Post Merge: June 14, 2010, 11:46:22 PM

Lucien, I hope you are ok.
Call me a cheat but I make my own fate.

http://www.formspring.me/carson1234
  •  

Muddy

Quote from: Carson on June 14, 2010, 11:44:59 PM
haha yeah he is actually, air force. Why do you ask?

That's where the hero comes from.  ;)

Its almost never applied to female military personnel, BTW.
  •  

Cindy

Guys are into nicknames. One of the weirdest I came across was a guy called George. Everyone called him Henry. I still don't no why.

Do girls get nicknames I've never heard of any except in sports and even there it seems rare.

Stitches I hope you recover OK, and that is one cool  nick name. If I was a guy I'd use it all the time.

Cindy
  •  

rexgsd

ha,  love nicknames! especially giving other people them, even if its just a nickname of a nickname they already have. i call this kid...uh, i think his name is austin or something, but i call him eddie cause he looks like a little eddie van halen.

and i just remembered, i got a friend that calls me Shepherd sometimes (usually when i'm not paying attention lol) cause i love german shepherds. so thats cool 8) seems more like a guy nickname then a girl one! (i don't think i'm really out to him..not exactly, i dont quite know lol)
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•  

Vancha

My brother's name is Matthew, but my friends and I all call him Archie.  ;D
  •  

Jeatyn

I love how in a group of friends some people end up introducing everyone they know with a weird nickname. With some of the people I know it'd go "This is slash, gnome, tomcat and noodle"
  •  

Devin87

We weren't really into the nickname thing growing up.  There were times when I wanted a nickname, like when I tried to get everyone to call me Hawkeye during my M*A*S*H phase, but it never worked.  The only people I knew with nicknames were people who hated their first names and so went with a name they liked (usually their middle name, but not always).  Like James who went by Brandon or John who went by Jay.
In between the lines there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity.
If it's alright, then you're all wrong.
Why bounce around to the same damn song?
  •  

Carson

Quote from: Muddy on June 15, 2010, 01:34:53 AM
That's where the hero comes from.  ;)

Its almost never applied to female military personnel, BTW.

NICE
Call me a cheat but I make my own fate.

http://www.formspring.me/carson1234
  •  

Constance

My dad used to call me "Slavid," as in slave + David.

I've called my son things like "Attila the Hungry," "Vlad the Inhaler" & "Frankenswine" due to his appetite. "Lord Manhammer" is another one for his D&D and gaming habits.

owl

My parents just call me KID LOL  :-X
  •  

rexgsd

Quote from: Devin87 on June 15, 2010, 08:52:33 AM
We weren't really into the nickname thing growing up.  There were times when I wanted a nickname, like when I tried to get everyone to call me Hawkeye during my M*A*S*H phase, but it never worked.  The only people I knew with nicknames were people who hated their first names and so went with a name they liked (usually their middle name, but not always).  Like James who went by Brandon or John who went by Jay.

my ex-friend used to call me Hawkeye sometimes, but more of an insult cause i got really bad eyesight, heh. but then i'd turn around and call her Klinger...she didn't like that, ha!
☥fiat justitia ruat coelum☥

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. Its a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world." - The Kinks

•  

Aiden

Lets see.  Friends sometimes jokingly call me Moonchips because I sat on a bag of sunchips one night camping.

Aunt calls me Big-A, and My little sister Little-A  because we both have first names starting with A and keeps her from having call me by birth or preferred name.

I know one nickname I do give out for people not wanting the whole issue of names or trouble remembering.  AD which is my first and middle initial and pretty cool to :)

Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

Jamie-o

For some reason, nicknames never seem to stick to me.  :-\  Even if people start out calling me by a nickname, they eventually revert to my full name.  Even when I worked at a music store where everyone, practically, had a nickname - Squirrel, Santa Clause, Butterfly, Stash, Jonny-B, Chuckles - Not me.  I think there was only one other person who didn't have a nickname, and everyone was slightly afraid of him.

That being said, though, my extended family has been having a terrible time remembering my new name, so my uncle, for a while, took to calling me Mr. J.
  •  

LordKAT

Somehow in my mid 20's, I got the name Zoro.
  •  

Constance

Quote from: LordKAT on June 16, 2010, 01:26:23 AM
Somehow in my mid 20's, I got the name Zoro.
You know that "Zorro" is Spanish for "Fox," right?  ;)

LordKAT

Even if it is misspelled intentionally?
  •  

Aiden

Zoro like the old superhero?
Every day we pass people, do we see them or the mask they wear?
If you live under a mask long enough, does it eventually break or wear down?  Does it become part you?  Maybe alone, they are truly themselves?  Or maybe they have forgotten or buried themselves so long, they forget they are not a mask?
  •  

Constance

Quote from: LordKAT on June 16, 2010, 12:45:10 PM
Even if it is misspelled intentionally?
Well, that does change things a bit.