Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Have anyone got their SRS covered by Insurance?

Started by Akilasena, April 27, 2016, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JennyBear

Ok, so basically I'm seeing a recurring trend where the more progressive the state, the more trans friendly their medicaid and medicaid based or affiliated insurance policies are. Kinda stuck living in Ohio, unless I can get my mail sent to one of you in a more liberal state to change residency, lol. J/K Guess I'll just have to wait until either I can afford it or policies change again. Who knows how long either of those will take, sigh.

HUGS!
"Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got. I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block."
  •  

Bobbie LeAnn

I have been researching this topic and seems the more I look the more confused I become. I live in Tennessee and am disabled and have BlueCare of Tennessee. According to this https://www.bcbst.com/mpmanual/Gender_Reassignment.htm  GRS is covered. But I can't find a doctor that does the surgery who takes my insurance. I have come too far in becoming the real me to have the rug pulled out from under me. If I can't get the surgery done I'll probably fall back into a very dark place again. I have prayed and cried hoping I can get it done. I am so worried.

•  

SadieBlake

Bobbie Ann, as far as I know, Brownstein & Crane in the bay area can work with all BCBS insurance. I only know for certain in my case, coming from Massachusetts.

Colleen, ma BCBS as far as I know absolutely covers GCS. My specific plan is self insured (large university) but the coverage and management all handled by BCBS. My coverage was uncertain as regards anything beyond GCS, however that's all I wanted so I'm happy.

BCBS of man has a policy that reads like it's based on an older version of WPATH however the people in their transgender team are fully up to speed and in my experience are good to work with.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •