Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Clothing styles

Started by Susan, May 24, 2005, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

What is your favorite clothing styles. Do you perfer long skirts or short, do you like linen or lace. Are you a dress or a blue jeans type person. Talk about how your fashion choices make you, you.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Debtv

My personal style is between a hippy chic and a school teacher! lol I mostly wear long skirts (have more than 100 skirts) or long dresses.

What is ironic to me, is that I hardly ever see any women, here in Missouri, who dress like I do.

Love
DebTV
  •  

stephanie_craxford

I'm not really sure what you would call my clothing style.  At home, I can be wandering around in a bikini, or it's tight jeans, or shorts, and a nice tee shirt   If I'm going out I always wear make-up,  and I generally wear a nice pair a dressy boot-cut low rise jeans or pants. It could also be an above the knee biase cut skirt with alot of movement to camoflage my stovepipe figure, and I usually add a cardigan with 3/4 lenght sleeves or a short jacket, but I often wear nice shirt dresses tiied back just above the waist.

You could probably say that my style is too younge for my age.   :)  But the important thing is that I feel good, and I don't look so bad either, which gives me confidence.  I've never had anyone run away screaming yet  :)  I supose that you could say that I haven't worked out a style yet (not that I'm aware of) as I'm still experimenting with what looks good and what doesn't.

My bigest problem fashion wise, along with a lot of other people is that I have no hips, so I avoid tops that hang straight down and wear those that flare slighly at the hips.  It gives the illusion that I actually have some.  :)
  •  

Jillieann Rose

I like long or mid-length skirts. I'm too old to wear the short stuff. A lady has to act her age.
I love soft and silky materials and in different shades of pink. Style? I just like real feminine stuff.
A small amount of lace is great. I defiantly prefer dresses and skirts to blue jeans.
As a woman I want to dress like a woman not a man. (I have been wearing pant way to long already.)
Clothing is an important way in which I am able to express the real me.
And I want to show how feminine I really am.

Thanks Susan for unlocking this discussion. I think if more people would reply this could get real interesting.

:)
Jillieann
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Pantyhose and silk shockings make me feel so feminine. My favorite colors ar pinks and black.
:)
Jillieann
  •  

Shelley

For me it's soft pastels mid calf length skirts and soft feminine tops.

Shelley
  •  

Glora Femboy

I like the Gothic Lolita style, but sadly I only have one item of the sort, a Jrock Mana choker (black lace).
  •  

Denise

For me i prefer skirts that come to just below the knee  ( too old to wear the short ones ).  I do have some ankle length long skirts, that are great for cooler weather.
Always wear panty hose or stockings when wearing a skirt.

Depending on time of the year and where I am, do have some nice slacks that are dressy and they also go well

Denise
  •  

Terri-Gene

mmmmm, fashion.  I generally look like I like I'm running late for a motorcycle race in the desert.  But my face and hands are clean.

Terri
  •  

Sheila

Until I got this job driving a school bus, I liked mid calf skirts and tops that kind of v at the neck w/ruffles around the collar. I liked heels 1 1/2 to 3 inches, but now it is mainly jeans and fem. t-shirt or long sleeve top. Also tennis shoes. I like to dress up but it is kind of hard when your in a school bus and trying to unhook a wheelchair. Actually, I pass better dressed this way than in a skirt. Go figure. I'm never looked at and I'm always called maam all the time and guys open doors for me all the time. Maybe it's the jeans??
Sheila
  •  

molly

I don't know if I would call it a style, but I prefer skirts and very feminine tops.  Knee length, but I do have one short flirty skirt I really love, and prefer pastel colors, expecially pink.  I'm still trying to understand what styles look good and which don't on me.

I spend alot of time studying GG to see how they dress and layer clothing.  So maybe this time next year I will have it figured out.

Molly
  •  

HelenW

Whatever's on the clearance rack at the @#$%&-mart!  I get some remarkably hilarious looks when I'm workin' the racks - one teenage GG actually suggested that I "might be in the wrong section!"  I answered, "That's what YOU think!"

Actually, almost true, but I do look for the colors that are NOT available in the men's departments (which is just about all of them LOL!)  I particularly look for more androgenous styles that I might wear either en femme or en homme without causing too much of a rucus.  I have more skirts than slacks but that's because I have a very hard time finding nice slacks that fit acceptably well.  I do find that lycra/spandex is a friend!

helen

FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Kate Thomas

I like long skirts and soft/silky tops
lined skirts are a real treat,
i have found a very few dresses that i actuly look good in.

Kate
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Kimberly

Speaking of girl pants my mother and I usually harass each other regarding pant leg style... She likes bellbottoms, which I think are horrid, while I like peglegs(the type you to unzip to get past your foot), which she thinks are horrendous! We have a lot of fun (=
  •  

stephanie_craxford

When it come to pants and jeans I prefere low rise flairs myself.  I like the way they fit and look on me. 

Steph
  •  

DawnL

Quote from: Stephanie Craxford on January 25, 2006, 08:41:28 PM
When it come to pants and jeans I prefere low rise flairs myself.  I light the way they fit and look. 

Me too.  They hug what little hips I have and make my behind look better.  I have a bit of an obsession with jeans and own 25+ pairs.  One of my favorite pairs was $2 at Goodwill.

Dawn
  •  

stephanie_craxford

25 wow, I thought I had a lot, I bow down to your glory oh Queen of Jeans :)

Actually I've shopped at Goodwill tons of times, I've got some great buys there.

Steph
  •  

Sara

I am a bit of a tshirt and jeans girl but I do like hot little skirts. Kmart in Oz have a great new range for the smaller girls and I have the two sets in the middle, including the bag and shoes.

Dont know if I would have 25 pair of jeans though!

See below:

Sara.

•  

Bombi

Developing a style has been tough for me. Thank God for my wife she keeps me from looking like a fool. Luckily we are close to the same size so I can wear her hand me downs.
We are in Hawaii for the winter so I've been wearing mostly strappy t shirts or a cami with shorts. At the beach I wear a bikini or a tankini. When we go to the pool I wear a Speedo one piece. I tried hip hugger jeans but they just didn't look good -to young.I think the strappy camisoles with the built in shelf bra look good on just about everyone.
Yes there is really bigender people
  •  

Dennis

I'm definitely into wide leg, baggy-butt jeans. Anything else looks either feminine or gay to me.

So sounds like you're on the right track Steph :)

Dennis
  •