Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Clothing styles

Started by Susan, May 24, 2005, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly_aus

I like your style, Keaira. :) I've recently settled happily in to a semi-butch lesbian look, but as my pic in the fabulous thread shows, I still have the odd girly moment..
  •  

Keaira

Quote from: Kelly the Trans-Rebel on February 26, 2013, 06:01:51 AM
I like your style, Keaira. :) I've recently settled happily in to a semi-butch lesbian look, but as my pic in the fabulous thread shows, I still have the odd girly moment..

Awesome. yep I can see that. So I have a Semi-butch look hm? That's interesting. I guess since I cut my hair short I suddenly went from Tomboy to Dyke because you're not the only person to have said this kind of thing. like my lesbian level suddenly shot up to over 9000 with the length of my hair. Women can't have short hair unless they are a dyke is the impression I get. Good to know that the thinking on this forum is stuck in the 50's.

Yea, I'm not posting pics anymore.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Keaira on February 26, 2013, 02:00:27 PM
Awesome. yep I can see that. So I have a Semi-butch look hm? That's interesting. I guess since I cut my hair short I suddenly went from Tomboy to Dyke because you're not the only person to have said this kind of thing. like my lesbian level suddenly shot up to over 9000 with the length of my hair. Women can't have short hair unless they are a dyke is the impression I get. Good to know that the thinking on this forum is stuck in the 50's.

Yea, I'm not posting pics anymore.

No, I wasn't saying you look butch.. just that I am.. I apologise if I gave that impression..
  •  

V M

:police:

Okay friends, let's get back on subject and talk about clothing styles

I'm thinking to get a bright red demi bra and bright red skirt to set off my new thigh high stalkings and knee high boots and white button down top

I'm sure a gal in her 50's will just look HOT HOT HOT!!! in such a get up
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

chloe_lin

My favorite is bright color and floral women dresses,like something here shopfromshop,  fits my skin color quite well
  •  

Shannon1979

still discovering fasion myself. Just brought a nice ti-die blue skirt but realized i have no top that goes with it. Ahh well more shopping when i have money.

Also got some nice bootcut jeans that go great with my purple suade heels.

Keep seeing things i like though and cant afford them :(
Mountains can only be summounted by winding paths. And my path certainly has taken a few twists and turns.
  •  

Kaitlin4475

Well for now womens skinny jeans and guy mode t-shirts, I've worn womens jeans basically since senior year in highschool, i don't own many guy pants that i can still fit
  •  

Abby

My guy mode presentation is unfortunately boring. Simple tees and tanks with bold/minimalist prints with straight leg/skinny jeans. Usually smudged smokey eyes (think Taylor Momsen punched a raccoon), and I pencil my my brows because naturally they're invisible. So think pseudo punk in Miami :)

Intended girl mode is so much better though, I take huge inspiration from McQueen, mixing hyper feminine elements with rougher harder elements. The good old leather and lace combo ;)

Think leather pencil skirts with crisp sleeveless oxfords, mega high heels and dark hose.

My current major is anthropology/women's studies but I was art BFA with an intention to do fashion illustration. This is a forum subsection I think I'll like!
Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.
  •  

Jordana

My style usually consists of all black blazers, voluminous coats and high neck black dresses. I like to wear statement jewelry and oversize leather bags.
  •  

Carolina1983

Metal and goth tops and jeans, ripped and all that. I like the darker style.
  •  

@Diana

maybe i should buy this cute onesie because it's pretty cold at night lately

•  

Kimberley Beauregard

I have a thing for v-neck tops and chiffon blouses (long sleeves only) with black pencil skirts.  I'm giving black jeans/trousers and flared skirts a go.
- Kim
  •  

Yulaiyre

My clothing style is pretty feminine, my usual clothing styles are short shorts with a vest top or crop top and below the ankle trainers, Dresses with a sweetheart neckline or low cut neckline to show off my cleavage, tights (either nude or black) and dolly shoes, or for lazy days skinny jeans with a cute jumper or top.

Those are my average wear, on different occasions, or just to spice things up i'll have a little variation, perhaps a short skirt with some over-the-knee/thigh high socks and a cute top.
as for colour I tend to stay away from darker colours unless it's a nighttime occasion, I tend to stick with pastel colours for the day and floral print dresses/tops.

and that's generally my style, I was thinking of experimenting with some more alternative styles, as one of my female friends has piqued my interest but lending me a couple of her outfits for a festival that we went to together. I'll have to look up different hairstyles and make-up to go with the style too. Yay more reading ._.
I can't believe I made this up myself!
  •  

GenTechJ

My own personal style is a combination of Rockabilly and very "Barbie" for lack of better term and also one of my nicknames.

Definitely a skirt and dress girl, not a big fan of pants. But depending on the situation and what I'm doing I will wear cargo pants, or very professional dresses. Even as a male I would wear kilts wherever I could get away with it.

I guess I'd have to say my style would change on the situation, with a primary focus on skirts and dresses. Still need to learn how to walk in heels though.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Boo Stew

My fashion mantra as a woman is the three e's: easy, edgy and elegant. I don't like looks that are too worked over for the most part. I'm still experimenting with styles and learning what looks good on me. I'm very tall and very leggy so I have to be mindful of hemlines even in TALL sizes. I love it when a piece of clothing is multi-faceted. I have a pair of flats with an ankle strap in a nude color that are all sweetness from the front but have pointed (and painful) spikes in the back. The mullet of shoes, if you will. I'm definitely a risk taker and I've had fashion fails as a result but that's how I've learned and it's always fun. Sometimes I don't care if my fashion is on or if I've "failed," I do something because it makes me happy. I've been putting a loose belt on and hooking a fox tail onto it, to add a curious touch of femininity to my all black work clothes. Many cisgendered girls have come up to me to admire my foxtail. I think being trans and a giantess has put a spotlight on me and the only way this works is if I give myself (and the world) a show!

I've also been going for this sort of French girl vibe. The other day I wore white linen pants and a classic striped long sleeve swim shirt with a boat neck to a work gig/pool party paired it with a comfy pair of high heel sandals. It really was one of those, "is that me or the model from the Land's End catalog standing at the bow of yacht?" kind of moments. The transformative power of fashion! Let the adventure continue!
  •  

OreSama

Skirts and blouses.  Fluffy skirts, long skirts, even miniskirts with leggings underneath.  I remember one time I wore my favorite white blouse and long black skirt, and a friend of mine told me that my outfit looked like the schoolgirl outfits in her country.  It was funny.  As for shoes, sandals.  Always.  Even in winter :D
  •  

GenTechJ

Quote from: OreSama on August 10, 2014, 07:29:58 AM
Skirts and blouses.  Fluffy skirts, long skirts, even miniskirts with leggings underneath.  I remember one time I wore my favorite white blouse and long black skirt, and a friend of mine told me that my outfit looked like the schoolgirl outfits in her country.  It was funny.  As for shoes, sandals.  Always.  Even in winter :D

I'd rather be barefoot than wear sandals. Granted, I don't know if it's due to my time in the south or my time in Hawaii, but I hate not being barefoot. Hot, cold, even in the snow, I'm barefoot when at home, with family/friends, or at a hotel. The soles of my feet are decidedly unsexy, but I don't care. :D
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Caine

I rather likes to wear dark color in kilts and sandals. Ladies fashion kilt is my favorite to wear on especial events. I don't like to wear pants and mostly i wear professional dresses on work. I also change my style on different situations. :)
  •  

Caine

Now my dressing is today brown skirt and grec color casual kilt.
  •  

CindyLouCovington

I have always liked the look women had in the 1950's(and a lot of the styles in the 40's and 30's) as far as dresses. I like the classic "shirt dress" so common in the 1950's, full skirt with a belt at the waist.But I do wear boots a lot, and leggings. I end up wearing leggings most of the time because I do a lot of walking.
  •