Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Implant ovaries, Fallopian tube and uterus for transgender woman

Started by Smith, October 05, 2010, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xirafel

Quote from: Jean24 on August 25, 2016, 02:38:54 AM
I thought I would post something new. I was reading the other day and apparently Stanford has found a way to engineer immune systems to mimic a donor's. This is huge, it means that we can potentially get an entire female reproductive system transplanted and with a bit of the donor's blood combined with stem cell tech, our immune system will not attack it.
Is there a catch? I'm wary of new technologies. There are claims of new technologies being able to do this or that all the time.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Xirafel on August 26, 2016, 07:44:00 PM
Is there a catch? I'm wary of new technologies. There are claims of new technologies being able to do this or that all the time.
Much of the time it's 10 to 20 years from the time they see it in the lab until we can use it. That is except for nuclear fusion which they have been telling us we will have in 20 years since I was a child.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jean24

Quote from: Xirafel on August 26, 2016, 07:44:00 PM

Yeah so there's a few things:

1. The transplants will likely come before the regenerative medicine hits the shelves so to speak.
2. There's going to be a ton of red tape around all of it because it's new and scary.
3. Seeing as much of the world views us as utterly insane for wanting to be the correct sex, there's going to be a debate on how "ethical" it is to treat our medical problems with any of this while they readily treat everyone else.
4. Stem cells can cause tumors if they aren't programmed to stop and tampering with genetics can lead to cancers.

Those come right to mind, I'm sure there's more. What kills me is that this is essentially available right now and personally I'd much rather try transplants or regenerative medicine than SRS.
Trying to take it one day at a time :)
  •