Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Implant ovaries, Fallopian tube and uterus for transgender woman

Started by Smith, October 05, 2010, 11:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidan_

Hrm. This type of thing probably will not be available for a long time (read as: 30+ years). By that time, I'd be 51 and that's roughly the age where women are unable to bear children. Though if it were available when I have my SRS and it was safe with no huge risk, I would probably take it seeing as it would put me that much closer to a GG.

Still, I wouldn't cross your fingers for it anytime soon...Maybe our grandchildren will see it in action though.
  •  

Jalene E.

The major difference between male and female as far as giving birth is a GG has a longer torso than the male for the purpose of child birth. There may not be enough room for the baby to grow in the mtf and it could pose some very serious risks.
  •  

glendagladwitch

There are numerous documented Internet hoaxes about men giving birth through ectopic pregnancy, so don't get your hopes up.  However, I did come across this article about a purported SRS surgeon in China supposedly actively recruiting volunteers to try it out.

Given that ectopic pregnancies in women are routinely aborted to save the mother's life, I would doubt that it is true, and wouldn't recommend volunteering if it is true.

http://www.ayushveda.com/pregnancy/male-pregnancy.htm
  •  

sarahla

Thanks for the article.  It was an interesting read.

If safe, I would love to get all the plumbing and have a 100% female anatomy downstairs with my own eggs, not that of someone else, but I do see that as about 30 years sadly, which would make me a bit old for bearing children.
  •  

Aidan_

Looks like we just have to make due with what we get (which is more than enough for me). Hey, maybe reincarnation is really true and we won't lose the coin toss this time!
  •  

Debra

Yeah I've heard all kinds of things they've been researching.

Even taking your DNA from your sperm and implanting the DNA into a donor egg that can then be fertilized by someone's sperm.

I don't want to be pregnant right now but I do LONG for it. The fact that I CANT be really pains me. I know I can adopt and stuff but it just wont be the same.

And yeah I suspect 30-40 years before they have anything even close to the technology that will work. I'll be an old lady....

•  

YellowDaisy

Quote from: tori319 on November 23, 2010, 01:37:29 AM
It seems extreme to want to function like a normal female?

i don't think i could tell you one genetic female that enjoys having periods and pms.
  •  

girl_ashley

Quote from: elsaG on November 23, 2010, 05:30:03 AM
The thing is bio women have a different make up of their body. Different dna, hormones, body structure, etc. Sure they could possibly advance in this area as far as bio women are concerned but mtf's are a whole different story. GG's bodies are built for giving birth, regardless if they are infertile, missing ovaries, uterus, etc. Transplanting the works would be extremely complicated especially in a way where mtf's would be able to get pregnant and give birth.

You should further qualify your argument here.  You said several times that the bodies are made different, yet you do not elaborate as to how different specifically. 

Yes, GGs pelvis is shaped in a way to support child birth.  A trans woman's pelvis is not shaped this way and thus would not allow such a birth.  However, there is this procedure called "Cesarean" where by a newborn child can be safely plucked from the womb without harm to mom or the child.  So, a trans woman, should be able to have a child.  But even with a fully functioning parts, a trans woman would never be able to have a vaginal birth, a c-section would be necessary.
  •  

girl_ashley

Quote from: Jalene E. on November 23, 2010, 08:06:31 AM
The major difference between male and female as far as giving birth is a GG has a longer torso than the male for the purpose of child birth. There may not be enough room for the baby to grow in the mtf and it could pose some very serious risks.

You should probably modify your understanding of human anatomy.  There is plenty of room in the torso.  Why should torso size make a difference?  If what you say were true, then little people would not be able to give birth to normal sized children (or any sized children for that matter), and they do all the time (Watch "Little People, Big World" on TLC if you need proof).
  •  

tori319

Quote from: elsaG on November 23, 2010, 05:30:03 AM
The thing is bio women have a different make up of their body. Different dna, hormones, body structure, etc. Sure they could possibly advance in this area as far as bio women are concerned but mtf's are a whole different story. GG's bodies are built for giving birth, regardless if they are infertile, missing ovaries, uterus, etc. Transplanting the works would be extremely complicated especially in a way where mtf's would be able to get pregnant and give birth.
[/quote

You could be right assuming your talking about the trans women who transitioned in adulthood. Not to mention the women who do get a lot of changes on hormones.
  •  

juliemac

Well we all had the basics at one time. Unfortuneatly, we got tagged by the TDF segment of a gene (Testes Determining Factor). The Mullarian segments were absorbed by the body and the Wolfian developed instead.
(Damn)

•  

tori319

Quote from: Maylene on November 23, 2010, 12:59:38 PM
i don't think i could tell you one genetic female that enjoys having periods and pms.

I understand that but I still don't see how  it's extreme.
  •  

YellowDaisy

Quote from: tori319 on November 23, 2010, 06:21:21 PM
I understand that but I still don't see how  it's extreme.

fair enough, but i think if you are thinking you are something less than a "real" woman because you don't have these parts, you are being too hard on yourself.
  •  

glendagladwitch

Quote from: Maylene on November 23, 2010, 07:29:05 PM
fair enough, but i think if you are thinking you are something less than a "real" woman because you don't have these parts, you are being too hard on yourself.

As sad as it may be, I'm sure there are some GGs who had full hysterectomies and, as a result, no longer view themselves as "real women."  That's a truly narrow viewpoint.
  •  

YellowDaisy

Quote from: perlita85 on November 23, 2010, 06:57:55 PM
this issue keeps coming up agai and again. Wishfull thinking coupled with misleading half-scientific reports. If we could engineer organs, nobody would be dying of kindney or liver fzilure. Tye promise of stem cell technology is real, but even if we could maake pu your vagina, uterus, fllopuan tuve and ovaries, the problem remain of how to mak ger cell, you know th celles tha make egss

I thik the first tissue to be enginnered woulkd be he mucosa of ye aigna, out of bucal cells. The technology already exist, and in vitro vaginas habe been made in Egypt. Plear buy me a tickey to Egypt :)

actually, there is no cell that makes eggs. they are follicles in the ovaries that don't start maturing until puberty. the mature follicle is an egg cell. every newborn female has them even when they are in menopause and aren't using them anymore.
  •  

A

The first successful (fully recorded) vaginoplasty patient also died from an attempt to get an uterus. He (because at the time I am told he still functionned as a male) did it himself, with an assistant, too. Not very safe.

Anyway, just to say that doctors have been trying to do this forever, and are still trying. Stem cells and cloning give the most promising results, without anything close to a satisfactory result, yet. So, yeah, like people have said, it will happen. But we do not know when.

But even with an uterus, unless they find a new hormone that makes the body de-develop and re-develop as female (not likely) or HRT is started very early, the bone shape will most likely not allow the birth of a child, so they will have to cut us open. This is not an ideal situation, but it's still an improvement.

Apart from that, I BELIEVE full in vitro reproduction without any uterus is already possible. And they someone, somewhere, is surely working on making "mixed clones" by manually removing an ovule's genetic material, then adding half of one person's genes, and half of another. If not, they will soon enough. They are already capable of doing it with one person (it's called a clone and it's illegal, but they CAN do it).
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •  

YellowDaisy

Quote from: glendagladwitch on November 23, 2010, 07:34:04 PM
As sad as it may be, I'm sure there are some GGs who had full hysterectomies and, as a result, no longer view themselves as "real women."  That's a truly narrow viewpoint.

to me it sounds like you're saying women should feel less if they lack these reproductive organs. why?
  •  

glendagladwitch

Quote from: Maylene on November 23, 2010, 07:53:42 PM
to me it sounds like you're saying women should feel less if they lack these reproductive organs. why?

I did not say "should," but I think some of them do, especially in some other cultures (e.g., south america or so i'm told).  I don't think they should feel that way, and I don't think any MTF should see herself as less of a woman for not having those organs either.
  •  

Debra

Quote from: A on November 23, 2010, 07:51:55 PM

But even with an uterus, unless they find a new hormone that makes the body de-develop and re-develop as female (not likely) or HRT is started very early, the bone shape will most likely not allow the birth of a child, so they will have to cut us open.

I have to admit that even if I could be pregnant, they better C-section me anyway, dont want my new vagina messed up! lol

•  

Elsa.G

Quote from: girl_ashley on November 23, 2010, 01:13:23 PM
You should further qualify your argument here.  You said several times that the bodies are made different, yet you do not elaborate as to how different specifically. 

Yes, GGs pelvis is shaped in a way to support child birth.  A trans woman's pelvis is not shaped this way and thus would not allow such a birth.  However, there is this procedure called "Cesarean" where by a newborn child can be safely plucked from the womb without harm to mom or the child.  So, a trans woman, should be able to have a child.  But even with a fully functioning parts, a trans woman would never be able to have a vaginal birth, a c-section would be necessary.
Its not that simple, its not just an issue of transplanting a uterus here. There's so many things involved here. You cannot just put a foreign object into a body that has no idea what to do with it. As we all unfortunately know males and females have different dna structure. Sadly male dna is not wired to be pregnant. If anyone gets any kind of transplant they face the issue of rejection to which they have to take immunosuppresors. Most people get transplants such as kidneys, its a different issue than a uterus. Males and females both have all these organs, but a uterus is more of a sex specific organ. A male body is not necessarily the right enviroment to transplant a uterus. Like i said its not just about putting something foreign in the body, supporting a uterus and a pregnancy also has to do with bio-chemistry, the right hormones, enzymes, cells, etc. Like i said before and ill say it again a female body is built for having children, right down to the hips, pelvis, spine, everything.  Its all more complicated than people think
  •