Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

This Thanksgiving Day Will Be One Year Sober For Me !!

Started by erocse, November 22, 2010, 09:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erocse

I have drank heavily since I was a kid. I am 47 now. I have tried to stop before and managed a month or two but not much more then that.

Last year was allot of firsts for me.

I decided to like myself for who I am.
   I decided to be completely honest with myself.
   I decided to be completely honest with my wife.
   I started hrt.
   I stopped drinking.

Life is great now, I have no urge to drink anymore. Although I am not going to feel over confident and stay on guard this season.

I hope you all have a very nice and sober holiday this year, as I know I will.

Sober hugs, Erocse :)
  •  

Hurtfulsplash

Congrats! Great job and happy sober holidays to you too : )
  •  

JessicaH

I'm so happy for you! Life is too short to blow it away on drugs and alcohol. I'm glad that you have been able to face your demons and slay them!!!!!!!
  •  

JessicaH

I should add that while I've never been one to drink that often, I have found myself doing so in the last few months and my wife has noticed too. I guess I need to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. I sure don't need get outed to the family and world by a DUI "en femme"...  :-(
  •  

erocse

Quote from: StacyBeaumont on November 22, 2010, 10:33:12 AM
I should add that while I've never been one to drink that often, I have found myself doing so in the last few months and my wife has noticed too. I guess I need to nip it in the bud before it becomes a problem. I sure don't need get outed to the family and world by a DUI "en femme"...  :-(
Yes, DUI , Not Good, En femme , Even Worse !!!

Hugs, Erocse
  •  

Emmanuelle

Congrats Erocse!

very impressive and... keep in there :)

Love,
Emma
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
- Maria Robinson
  •  

Suzy

Congrats, ecrose!  That is a great start.  Like you said, don't get overconfident.  Just know your triggers and be on guard.  I am so happy for you.  What a great thanksgiving!

Kristi
  •  

annette

Hi erocse.

congrats, I'll think you manage from now, because alcohol is not necessairy anymore, you don't have to hide yourselves anymore.
Give my love to mrs.

big hugs for the both of you

annette
  •  

Janet_Girl

Congratulations, Erocse.  :D

I very rarely drink any more.  I don't like the headache.  Stay clean, stay sober, stay safe.
  •  

LordKAT

You have more strength of willpower than I. Congratz on making it this far and hopes that you can continue to do so.
  •  

Osiris

अगणित रूप अनुप अपारा | निर्गुण सांगुन स्वरप तुम्हारा || नहिं कछु भेद वेद अस भासत | भक्तन से नहिं अन्तर रखत
  •  

MillieB

Congrats on everything that you have acheived this year, I gave up the booze and drugs eight years ago but it still took me another seven years to come to terms with who I am, you are doing brilliantly ;D

Take care M x
  •  

April Dawne

Congratulations Erocse! I know addiction of any kind is hard to beat, I just recently passed a year since quitting smoking, no matter what the vice is, giving it up is very often difficult... as I've heard it said "bad habits are a lot easier picked up than put down."

Congrats again! =]

~*Don't wanna look without seeing*~

~*Don't wanna touch without feeling*~

•  

Jacquelyn

Congrats, Erocse! I am so happy for you!

Many people  underestimate the destructive nature of alcohol. It is amazing that you are able to do that for yourself and your loved ones.  :icon_hug:
"Love is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another."

~James Joyce
  •