Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Airport Security and Dilators

Started by rejennyrated, June 11, 2010, 05:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missyzanta

It wasn't what people thought, it was the fact that someone that has the authority to harass you is the factor here.  People have fun and humiliation and degregation happens to be it for a lot.
  •  

FairyGirl

I've discovered post-surgery that I really don't give a damn who knows or what they think about it. Out of 7 billion people in the world, a handful I'll never see again have no bearing on my life. If anyone wants to laugh, that just shows what sophomoric morons they are. I plan to carry my dilators in their nice little storage pouch in my carry-on bag when I fly back to Australia, and if anyone at the airport wants to know what they're for I'll simply tell them. They're solid for godssakes and an x-ray will reveal they carry no secret weapons inside. As many times as I've been through LAX/Sydney customs and security checks, everyone has been professional and polite and I have yet the see the same person twice anyway. Pardon my crudeness, but screw what they think lol
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

katgirl74

When I flew back to see Dr McGinn last week, I got extra security screening again in the Philly airport on my way home. When the TSA guy took them out of my carry on, I told him they were medical vaginal dilators. He tried not to react, put them back, ran my bag through again, and sent me on my way. Believe me, once they realize what they are inspecting they want nothing more then to put your dilators back in your carry on and send you off. It doesn't out you as trans, it just makes them think you enjoy your sex toys!
  •  

peggygee

Well according to http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html I am just one of the
6,853,019,414 people on the planet as of 07/01/10, who has had or will be having sex at some
point.

So no I don't get too upset if they see a vibrator in my luggage.
  •  

FairyGirl

Quote from: FairyGirl on July 09, 2010, 02:19:00 PMI plan to carry my dilators in their nice little storage pouch in my carry-on bag when I fly back to Australia, and if anyone at the airport wants to know what they're for I'll simply tell them. They're solid for godssakes and an x-ray will reveal they carry no secret weapons inside. As many times as I've been through LAX/Sydney customs and security checks, everyone has been professional and polite and I have yet the see the same person twice anyway. Pardon my crudeness, but screw what they think lol

Just last week I flew over 10,000 miles from Nashville to Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia (yay I'm back home) with all 4 dilators in their pouch in my carry on handbag and did not get so much as a raised eyebrow through all three airport security checks, including Nashville Tennessee. I did purposely choose a line that had a female officer looking at the xray machine but it was all fine.

I even managed a 20 minute dilation session in one of the huge ladies' rooms at LAX during my layover there because my total trip time was over 24 hours and just before the 16 hour leg from LA to Sydney. It was actually easier to do than I thought it would be ;)

Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

Cruelladeville

I'd pack yer most discrete toy in yer main hold bag....

And you should be okay, as an aside the US security busted my case lock on my return to the UK....but all was intact.... an no said item hadn't been lifted...

And why should it?

There not terrorist weapons....lol
  •  

sneakersjay

When I traveled from Belgrade I had a plastic shopping bag which contained a foam donut (hand made), a neck pillow, a coffee mug in a box, and several urine bags.

Belgrade security was interested in my bag of M&Ms and my vials of medications, Heathrow cared about nothing, and US security had me remove everything from the shopping bag and were very intereisted in the urine bags (which were empty, I didn't need them, but they were forced upon me by the doc driving me to the airport!).

A friend of mine (sex therapist) travels a lot and buys interesting dildos and vibrators.  She's more than happy to show them off when she hits security.  but then she's pretty confident and silly and loves attention...

Jay

•  

Cruelladeville

Now that we live in 'war on terror' times...

Post any major surgery you can get a letter/fax from yer Dr stating that you need to carry 'specifics' for your aftercare on board... but that you're fit to fly.

You present this document at the check-in to the airline staff.... and then it should negate and stupid panics if they arise...

That what I did when leaving Phoenix.... it also got us priority boarding and a better seat placement too...

Why not he?

Every little helps....  :P
  •  

peggygee

Back when I had my surgery  put my dilator in my check-in luggage and didn't give it a second thought.

Now, when I go on vaca I may forgo dilating for a few weeks. If my vacation is longer I may take a vibrator with me, or buy one where I am at.
  •  

katgirl74

I flew home for the thanksgiving holiday, and flew with my dilators in my carry on, as I usually do. I don't want to worry about replacements if my bag gets lost. One my way out no problem, but on my way back they wanted to take a second look. When my bag came off of the xray machine the TSA guy said he wanted to examine something in my bag. I asked him to go to a more private area, they have tables with a privacy screen around the edge. He obliged me, and then he pulled out the bag holding my dilators, I told him straight up that they we medical vaginal dilators. He looked a bit embarrassed that he was stopping me for those. He asked if he could pull them out to examine, I said I would prefer to, since his gloves have touched god knows what. I opened the bag, he saw the ends, and was satisfied. They ran them through the machine one more time, and I was on my way. Total delay, 5 minutes. No big deal. Didn't out me as anything other than a woman traveling with some special luggage.   ;D
  •