Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Allison has stopped smoking

Started by Allison, December 25, 2006, 10:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison

Hi, I have stopped smoking... Have not had a cigarette in 6 months and I know if I just have one I will be hooked again.

I am a non-smoking lady now.  Whew...

It took about 2 months before it got easier..

I can smell people that do smoke; never realized it was so strong.

The guy with the thing that had to be what folk's wanted; is now Allison and she does not smoke.

I wonder if smoking was a self medication method type thing. My doctor and therapist have me on Efexxor LA and Klonopin. For depression and Anxiety. I think maybe the nicotine and chemicals in the cigarettes formed a chemical soup in my brain. I would not doubt it.

When I have a anx attack I take my Klonopin... Who needs cigarettes.. not Allison.

Cheers...

Allison

•  

Buffy

Allison.

Well done...

Healthier, Wealthier and you are obviously wise..

Buffy
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Allison on December 25, 2006, 10:20:59 PM
Hi, I have stopped smoking... Have not had a cigarette in 6 months and I know if I just have one I will be hooked again.

I am a non-smoking lady now.  Whew...

It took about 2 months before it got easier..

I can smell people that do smoke; never realized it was so strong.

The guy with the thing that had to be what folk's wanted; is now Allison and she does not smoke.

I wonder if smoking was a self medication method type thing. My doctor and therapist have me on Efexxor LA and Klonopin. For depression and Anxiety. I think maybe the nicotine and chemicals in the cigarettes formed a chemical soup in my brain. I would not doubt it.

When I have a anx attack I take my Klonopin... Who needs cigarettes.. not Allison.

Cheers...

Allison

COngratulations!  Keep it up!  I'm proud of you!

Chaunte
  •  

HelenW

I quit in '94 after 25 years of smoking.  I started when I was 15.  I knew I had it licked when the smoke stopped smelling good to me!  Now, I can't stand it!

Congrats, Allison and, yes, I also felt that just one would start the addiction over again.  Now I smoke an occasional cigar but never a ciggie.

Good for you!

hugs n smiles
helen
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Allison

Thank you all for the encouragement, sometimes a gal just needs it and I appreciate it.  :icon_lips:

At the office today, a customer came in and I could smell him 12 feet away. A smoker..

I used to smell like that ...  :icon_no:

This forum is a neat place to kind of hang out..

Hugs and Best Wishes,

Allison    :icon_chick:
  •  

Steph

That's great news Allison.

I stopped on Feb 14th, 1992.  There are still times when someone will light a cigarette and I think to myself Mmmmmmmm that smells good, even after all this time :)  So watch out for the traps.

Congrats, congrats on your success.

Steph
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Good for you Allison.
I'm not and have never been a smoker.
My wife is and when she come in the house after lighting up I can hardly stand to be around her because she smells like a dirty old ash tray. Yuck.  :icon_blah: I sure don't want to kiss her then.
:) :)
Jillieann and JR
  •