Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Will the mustache shadow ever leave?

Started by glitter, January 06, 2011, 01:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glitter

I have tried searching around on here for some specific results in this area, but can't seem to find anything on this particular topic, so I'm sorry if I am posting something that has been posted repeatedly.

Have any of you had a problem with a dark shadow where the mustache is that just won't seem to go away?

My electrologist (who may be ripping me off) has been clearing my upper lip for about a year now. We have it down to just really sparse white thin hairs in that area, but there is still a dark shadow that is always there. It's really just so awful because makeup doesn't cover it, it's just ALWAYS there.

Was this something that anyone else experienced? It's just so frustrating. I don't understand why it's so dark there when not that much hair is growing.

UUUUUG I just wish this was over and done. It's so frustrating that I want to pull my hair out.... literally! haha

Other than electro, my entire transition is going so well.
  •  

envie

I don't have personal experience with that yet but I knew someone who had the same issue. I don't know the reasons but yes she just had this shadow where her mustache used to be. She was dark haired if it matters.
Good luck to you!
  •  

Snoeball

Ok, well I had this happen to me after a couple electro rounds on the upper lip.  Directly afterward and after healing things looked great, but after about a week I started to notice this greyish almost beard shadow look going on, and it was very hard to hide too.  I never did find a good way without gobbing on tons on makeup unfortunately.  Granted a lot of the hairs did grow back, but not nearly as many as were there before.  I almost want to think that it was some kind of bruising or something under the skin, but I dunno?

This was back in late October, and just recently I have noticed the 'shadow' starting to be less apparent.  But, sorry I have no idea *why* it happens  =/  In my case it seems that time has been slowly taking care of it for me luckily.  How long has it been since your last session?
  •  

Rock_chick

it's pigmentation. electro and laser both basically consist of a massive trauma to the skin and you can get a dark pigmentation shadow. it fades with time, so just try not to worry about it because it's generally less noticeable than you think.
  •  

Tippe

Quote from: glitter on January 06, 2011, 01:22:20 AM
We have it down to just really sparse white thin hairs in that area, but there is still a dark shadow that is always there. It's really just so awful because makeup doesn't cover it, it's just ALWAYS there.

I recommend a product called 'blue neutralizer' it gives amazing results, when covered with foundation.

Tippe
  •  

glitter

Quote from: Snoeball on January 11, 2011, 01:02:34 PM
Ok, well I had this happen to me after a couple electro rounds on the upper lip.  Directly afterward and after healing things looked great, but after about a week I started to notice this greyish almost beard shadow look going on, and it was very hard to hide too.  I never did find a good way without gobbing on tons on makeup unfortunately.  Granted a lot of the hairs did grow back, but not nearly as many as were there before.  I almost want to think that it was some kind of bruising or something under the skin, but I dunno?

This was back in late October, and just recently I have noticed the 'shadow' starting to be less apparent.  But, sorry I have no idea *why* it happens  =/  In my case it seems that time has been slowly taking care of it for me luckily.  How long has it been since your last session?

It's so interesting because I do sessions every week. We clear it every week and it just grows right back the next week. We have been clearing it for at least 9 months. My electrologist says that is just how it goes and it gradually get's thinnner as time goes by. Were your results different?

Thanks for your reply :)
  •  

glitter

Quote from: Tippe on January 11, 2011, 03:41:53 PM
I recommend a product called 'blue neutralizer' it gives amazing results, when covered with foundation.

Tippe

Thanks, I'll check it out!
  •  

glitter

Quote from: Helena on January 11, 2011, 01:14:27 PM
it's pigmentation. electro and laser both basically consist of a massive trauma to the skin and you can get a dark pigmentation shadow. it fades with time, so just try not to worry about it because it's generally less noticeable than you think.

Thanks for that, yeah I do know that I must be focusing on it more than any other aspect of my face.
  •  

Tippe

Quote from: glitter on January 14, 2011, 02:12:11 AM
It's so interesting because I do sessions every week. We clear it every week and it just grows right back the next week. We have been clearing it for at least 9 months. My electrologist says that is just how it goes and it gradually get's thinnner as time goes by. Were your results different?

Thanks for your reply :)

I haven't done electrolysis yet, but because hair folicles are in different growth cycles no form of epilation will attack all hairs at the same time. Usually it is recommended to wait six weeks between each clearing and then - from what EL3000 states - you can expect all hairs to be gone after six clearings.

A full face clearing takes around 18 hours the first time according to them however so I don't understand if you're getting a full clearing or if you're speaking about a clearing of the upper lip only?

Tippe
  •  

Snoeball

Quote from: glitter on January 14, 2011, 02:12:11 AM

Yes, this was/is what I've noticed as well... Some died before other, some grew back finer, some grew back full force and needed zapped for three + treatments.  9 months though?  That seems a bit much to me personally, unless you have really dense hair  =/  Or then again maybe you are having short sessions... 

Anyways, yes the growing back thing... I get that too, it's just thinner each time.  =)
  •  

glitter

I had been suspecting that my electrologist was ripping me off for a while. Recently I have started demanding that she cranks it up durring sessions. Funny, she was trying to talk me out of it. Yeah I have already noticed a difference.

I have kind of figured out that she has had it down at a really low level. Low enough that it really is just not doing the job. She kept telling me that it doesn't hurt as much anymore because the hair just brakes off easier. What a liar. I am looking for someone else right now. So annoyed.
  •  

glitter

Quote from: Snoeball on January 14, 2011, 10:32:42 AM
Yes, this was/is what I've noticed as well... Some died before other, some grew back finer, some grew back full force and needed zapped for three + treatments.  9 months though?  That seems a bit much to me personally, unless you have really dense hair  =/  Or then again maybe you are having short sessions... 

Anyways, yes the growing back thing... I get that too, it's just thinner each time.  =)

Unfortunately I have not been doing short session. I have been doing 5 hours a week for a long ass time. Before that I did a year of about an average of 3 hours a week.

I got screwed. This lady took me for a ride.
  •