Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Breast Development / Should I get implants?

Started by Valerie Elizabeth, January 12, 2011, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerie Elizabeth

I didn't know how else to word the subject.

Here's my story (for those who don't know it).  I'm 24 years old, I am 5'8.5"ish, and I weigh ~140lbs.  I've been on hormones for two years now, and I had SRS a little less than a year ago.  I am basically flat.  I honestly don't need a bra.  I wear a 34AA, but even that is pointless really.  My mom is my closest bio female relative, and she had small breasts (A cup) until she got older, put on a little weight and went up to a B cup, and then when she got preggers with me, up to a C cup.  I haven't really seen any growth in over a year.  Sure, I get really sore for a while, then it goes back to normal, but they haven't gotten any bigger.  Yes, I have pictures to back that up.  They are basically the same size now that they were a year ago.

I just graduated from college, and I am in a bit of limbo.  I'm going back to graduate school in the fall, and now would be an ideal time to get a boob job, since I don't have much to do till then.  Plus, I have the time to finance a boob job since my loans won't be in repayment until I graduate grad school, and I'm living at home.  I can basically put all my money towards this if need be.

My question is, since I've had SRS, it's been 2 years of HRT, I'm pretty skinny, and my mom had smaller boobs until she was pregnant, do you think it would be wise for me to get a boob job?  Can I reasonably expect to make it to a B cup (my ideal size), or even an A cup for that matter?  My plan when I started transition was to wait 2 years before I made any decisions about a boob job, and now that it's been, I need some advice.

Please let me know.

Valerie
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

CaitJ

Two years is a pretty short time span; I've allowed eight years total for my breast development before I'd ever consider implants.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Vexing on January 12, 2011, 01:41:33 AM
Two years is a pretty short time span; I've allowed eight years total for my breast development before I'd ever consider implants.

Yep. Mine took about 7 or 8 years to reach their full potential. I think most non-trans girls are still pretty small only 2 years into puberty. But what about other relatives? Do you have any sisters?
I don't know. Ladies, did you achieve more growth after two years?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

xAndrewx

I agree with forum admin. Mine took 5 years or so after puberty to grow their biggest. I don't know if it's the same with hormones though, so I'm not sure.

CaitJ

Quote from: Forum Admin on January 12, 2011, 01:55:10 AM
Ladies, did you achieve more growth after two years?

I'm an A cup after 3 years of HRT, but definitely still growing.
One thing to be wary of when asking the breast sizes of MTFs is:
a) they tend to over-report their size
b) they often don't know how to measure their cup size properly
  •  

Tammy Hope

I'm not sure if the period it takes a GG to reach full size is a true guide for us - not sure it's not either.

But this is the first time I've ever heard "7 or 8" - every other time I've seen this question ask the answer has been "what you got after 2 years is pretty close to all you are going to get"

Might be different for you girls in your 20's than for us old broads?
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

Jacquelyn

As a GG it took me about 5-6 years to fully develop. Weight fluctuation play a big part of it for me.
"Love is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another."

~James Joyce
  •  

Imadique

Yeah I've heard that a lot too, there may still be growth after 2 years but the general word that goes around is the bulk of it should occur by then. I'm just passed two and a half years and I'm going for a BA in a couple of weeks, not prepared to wear forms any longer.
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: Imadique on January 12, 2011, 02:59:17 AM
Yeah I've heard that a lot too, there may still be growth after 2 years but the general word that goes around is the bulk of it should occur by then.

Interesting. I'm definitely having another growth spurt after SRS (and I've also started to cycle progesterone).
I'm not sure why 2 years would be a benchmark, since cis puberty lasts roughly 6-8 years. 2 years of hormone uptake for a cis girl would give the first stage of breast development (at around age 11), but she'll have another strong growth period a few years later (say 13-14). Some cis women don't get full breast growth until well into their 20s (just as some men don't get facial hair until their 20s).
I think impatience is a large factor here; a lot of girls can only wait 2 years before needing a boob job.
I'll keep you posted over the next 5 years  ;)
  •  

Cruelladeville

Hey Valerie....

I was v.small after two years of HRT, and so post SRS (1992) in fact within 6 months or so I had/opted for a boob job....with a top breast chap out of Harley St.... Mr Dai Davies.

As a picture is worth a thousand words.... here's ma rack for a wee while online to see the result some 18 years on... taken about 6 weeks ago.....in fact. A fan of mine wanted to be reminded of them...*s>-bleeped-<s*

For me a 'real' result was what I wanted, and still is with all the surgery that I do, my facelift is in a 14 days now (gulp).... though for the first few years or so my boobs  were more bullet tipped rigged!

Age makes everything drop....lol
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Tammy Hope on January 12, 2011, 02:46:33 AM
I'm not sure if the period it takes a GG to reach full size is a true guide for us - not sure it's not either.

But this is the first time I've ever heard "7 or 8" - every other time I've seen this question ask the answer has been "what you got after 2 years is pretty close to all you are going to get"

Might be different for you girls in your 20's than for us old broads?

Well, think about your average 12 or 13 year old girl. Usually, her breasts are not close to done. Mine started around 10 or 11 and they still went up a size from about 17-18.
Even if not quite the same, it seems odd that a trans woman's breasts would be done growing so much faster. Unless there's some kind of cap on their growth or something.
Are you on progesterone?
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Nero

Um, sorry Cruella. you can't post that.   :-X
  •  

rejennyrated

Well as one woman who decidedly does not over-report my size I eventually reached an F cup. The thing is I am naturally ample, and you yourself said that you tended to be skinny. There is unfortunately a correlation. The women in my family all have big hips, big butts, and big boobs - I'm no different. I am just a typical BBW.

I do agree with those who have said that waiting for up to six years is a good idea though. For a start you don't know how far things may progress, and for a second thing after a little longer you may find that you get used to the size that you are. Being slim does have it's pluses. After two years I was just about a B cup and I was happy, but I had NO inkling where things would end up. Now decades later whenever my back aches or I have to run for a bus I actually wish I was smaller.
  •  

Rock_chick

You're almost exactly the same height and weight as me and by the sound of it pretty much excatly the same pra sise...I'm not quite filling a UK A-cup. But the things is, with a good padded bra on I really don't look out of proportion. I think patience is the key, things will likely develop on their own...maybe after another couple of years if things have been static you could think about implants.

Like jenny said, being skinny has it's advantages
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Thanks for all the replies!!

I have heard quite a bit of talk too that after two years, what you have is all you're going to get (more or less).  And I'm not exaggerating my nothing either.  I mean it's about nothing.  When I stand up straight, there is nothing there.

I dunno.  It's just hard.  Like how do I deal with hooking up with a guy, explaining the breast forms?  I know how I would explain it, but it's saddening to have to do it.  I know that I am a little impatient too, but it's hard when all my girlfriends have bigger boobs (well, boobs in general) than me.  I just hear about the trans women who have better success than me early on, and it makes it tough.

Yes, I am on progesterone.  My aunt (mothers side) had small boobs too.

I get comparing us to cis women, but I feel like the development is a little different.  In the sense that I was already a (more or less) fully developed male before I started female hormones.  I just think that it's a little different.  I dunno.

Any other thoughts?
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 12, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
I dunno.  It's just hard.  Like how do I deal with hooking up with a guy, explaining the breast forms? 

The same way flat chested cis women deal with it  :)
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 12, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
Thanks for all the replies!!

I have heard quite a bit of talk too that after two years, what you have is all you're going to get (more or less).  And I'm not exaggerating my nothing either.  I mean it's about nothing.  When I stand up straight, there is nothing there.

I dunno.  It's just hard.  Like how do I deal with hooking up with a guy, explaining the breast forms?  I know how I would explain it, but it's saddening to have to do it.  I know that I am a little impatient too, but it's hard when all my girlfriends have bigger boobs (well, boobs in general) than me.  I just hear about the trans women who have better success than me early on, and it makes it tough.

Yes, I am on progesterone.  My aunt (mothers side) had small boobs too.

I get comparing us to cis women, but I feel like the development is a little different.  In the sense that I was already a (more or less) fully developed male before I started female hormones.  I just think that it's a little different.  I dunno.

Any other thoughts?

Looking, but haven't found any good sources on MTF development yet.
One thing to consider is how strongly you feel about having natural breasts. You could lose some sensation. And if you were to develop more after awhile, how would you feel about that versus implants? There's definitely something to be said for having your own homegrown breasts. Though implants are common enough no one would find your having them odd. But if you did develop a nice set later, would you regret the implants?

As for a guy, you could just tell him the truth - you had a delayed puberty. At your age, it's believable and some women are still developing. Most guys understand that women can be sensitive about being small chested and wouldn't comment. (And if he does, he doesn't deserve your time anyway). It's really not out of the norm for how small and thin you are.

And cisgirls develop at different rates and times, so I wouldn't think you all would be much different. Your friends may be faster than you, but that doesn't mean anything. You could just be slow. It's very common for pubescent girls to feel left behind when other girls develop faster. But it's normal.
But I understand. Women are so impatient with their breasts.  :laugh:
Try not to feel rushed though. Don't let the idea that this seems like a good time financially and leisure wise rush you into a decision. There may be other equally good or better times in the future. And other things may change in the interim. You may develop more and feel great about having grown them yourself. You may meet the perfect guy who loves them the way they are (in turn making you feel better about them).
So let go of the 'ideal time' idea. That 'closing window' time fallacy leads a lot of people into decisions they wouldn't otherwise have made. Only get them if you really want them. And if you would get them now anyway even if this wasn't an ideal time.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. And you're looking awesome in the avatar. With a face like that, who needs breasts?  :laugh:
  •  

Debra

Everyone seems to be different. I'm about an A cup after 1 year on HRT and hoping I'll make a B in 3 or 4 years but who knows.

I figure I may want that fat-redistribution boob surgery, if they aren't quite where I want them to be by then.

•  

Keroppi

Quote from: Vexing on January 12, 2011, 02:02:31 AM
One thing to be wary of when asking the breast sizes of MTFs is:
a) they tend to over-report their size
b) they often don't know how to measure their cup size properly
That's not limited to us transgirl. ;)

I don't know. I usually read 2 to 3 years, with noticeable development immediately postop. But since that is already the case. :-\ Maybe wait another year or two? :-\

(This is definitely very much do as I say and not as I do. >:-) I am also hoping for a B but willing to settle for a full A. However if in a couple of years time (just started some HRT) I am still AA and can afford it, I would consider BA as well... :embarrassed:)
  •  

Jillieann Rose

Here is some of the information out on the web.
It won't say it all accurate.

QuoteTanner Stage
Description
(as applies to transsexual woman)
Example
Stage I
(Pre-hormone treatment)
The undeveloped "pre-adolescent" pre-hormone type breast consists of a small elevated nipple (papilla) only, with no significant underlying breast tissue.   
Stage II
(Hormone treatment started)
After 6-8 weeks of hormone treatment subareolar nodules can be (painfully) felt and the nipple becomes very sensitive.  After about three months breast buds will visibly start to form.
There is an elevation of the nipple and surrounding breast area as a small but increasingly obvious mound, and the areola diameter may begin to enlarge (particularly in young women).  Milk ducts inside the breast begin to grow.  Elderly transwomen may not get beyond this stage.  There is a lack of material for satisfactory breast implants - any implant will be very obvious.

Stage III This stage is reached by most transwomen after between six months and a year of continuous hormone treatment.
There is further enlargement and elevation of the breast and areola (with no separation of their contours).  The areola may begin to darken in colour.  The milk ducts give rise to milk glands that also begin to grow.

Stage IV If achieved, it will take one to two years to reach this stage. 
There is a projection of the areola and papilla to form a secondary "mound on a mound" above level of breast.  Many twenty-something transsexual women display this characteristic after pro-longed hormone use.  Suitable breast implants can result in an excellent Tanner V-like appearance.

Stage V Only a very few transsexual women (mostly under age 20) reach this "mature" stage, after two or three years of hormone treatment.
The breast has now fully filled out and only the nipple still projects, the areola has recessed and become part of the general breast contour i.e. the secondary mound has disappeared.
If I were you Valerie.
I'd go for them.
Not large implants but just enough for you to feel good about yourself.
Isn't that what it is all about anyway.
Jillieann

•