Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Breast Development / Should I get implants?

Started by Valerie Elizabeth, January 12, 2011, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rejennyrated

Quote from: Jillieann on January 12, 2011, 07:54:58 PM
Here is some of the information out on the web.
It won't say it all accurate.
If I were you Valerie.
I'd go for them.
Not large implants but just enough for you to feel good about yourself.
Isn't that what it is all about anyway.
Jillieann
The only thing in the article that I would question is that idea that Tanner stage V is so rare in women over 20 - due to legal restrictions in the UK back then, I didn't start my HRT until 21 or 22 and I certainly got to tanner V - and I really don't think I am THAT unusual.
  •  

xAndrewx

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 12, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
Like how do I deal with hooking up with a guy, explaining the breast forms? 

Just wanted to point out that I used to have an ex (bio female) who had boobs smaller than an A cup. She wore a very padded bra and none of her boyfriends questioned it.

Valerie Elizabeth

Does anyone have any experience with breast growth after implants?

Say I got implants this spring, up to a size B cup.  If say I had a little more breast growth over the next couple years, how would it look?  Would I end up looking weird, or would it look normal?

Any experience?
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

"You suffer a lot more hiding something than if you face up to it."  True Blood
  •  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 13, 2011, 12:36:04 PM
Does anyone have any experience with breast growth after implants?

Say I got implants this spring, up to a size B cup.  If say I had a little more breast growth over the next couple years, how would it look?  Would I end up looking weird, or would it look normal?

Any experience?

A friend of mine got implants (to a C I think) then ended up developing F cup breasts. She had to get the implants removed and consequently lost a decent amount of sensation in her breasts.
There are risks involved in getting and owning implants. Make sure you research them all and be aware of them before you go through with it.
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Vexing on January 13, 2011, 01:58:05 PM
A friend of mine got implants (to a C I think) then ended up developing F cup breasts. She had to get the implants removed and consequently lost a decent amount of sensation in her breasts.
There are risks involved in getting and owning implants. Make sure you research them all and be aware of them before you go through with it.

Do you know how long she had been on hormones before getting implants, and how big her breasts were before getting them?
"There comes a point in life when you realize everything you know about yourself, it's all just conditioning."  True Blood

•  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 13, 2011, 03:24:11 PM
Do you know how long she had been on hormones before getting implants, and how big her breasts were before getting them?

She'd been on hormones for a number of years I believe and she was somewhere around a small B cup.
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Ugggggggh.  I'm soooo torn.

I don't know what to do.

•  

Ashley Allison

http://www.secondtype.info/surgeryba.htm

I thought this breast augmentation story would help... Warning, not completely work safe to open, but really informative.  At the end of her journal, she describes her growth after SRS.
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Thanks for that link.  The first picture shown there would be amazing.  I would kill to have that right now, and those are her before implant pictures.  If that's an A cup, then what do I have?  I have a 34AA pushup right now (amongst other non pushups) and it is essentially useless.  My boobs don't even get to be pushed up, that's how little there is.

I think part of my problem is that I don't, and never had very much body fat.  Pre-hormones I weighed about 150 pounds, and had about 6% body fat (maybe 5).  I was in the Army ROTC for my sophomore year of college, and part of my junior.  I was into running before and after my time in the ROTC, and I had been rock climbing (indoor and outdoor - sport and bouldering) since my freshman year.  I was in good shape, and have been my entire life.  Now, I'm pretty inactive, but I do go climbing every once in a while - once or twice a month (as opposed to 5 times a week).  Between being a little lazy, surgeries, graduating and moving, I haven't worked out in about a year.  I haven't gained a pound.  My weight is constant.  I'm not sure if it is my eating habits or if I have a strong metabolism. 

I don't know for sure, but from my own experience I really don't expect any more than a small A cup when I'm done developing.  Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I just don't see it happening. Aside from a 3 month period after SRS, they had been hurting non stop since about a month or so of starting HRT, and to have so very little to show for it, I just don't see it going much farther than where it is now.

I still haven't made a decision yet, and anything anyone else wants to offer would be greatly appreciated.

•  

Imadique

The explanation for the 2 year rule of thumb I was led to believe is that the levels of human growth hormone rapidly decrease after puberty so it's not really fair to compare the conditions of a cis girl growing up to a trans girl applying HRT after her peak period of development (and it'd be fair to say that most of us start well after puberty). Sure we're applying the same primary hormones but they only tell the cells in which manner they should reproduce, they don't control the rate and extent to which they do it.

The growth spurt after SRS is something I've heard of a lot too, supposedly due to castration but I never understood why that is if the HRT was completely blocking testosterone anyway?

As for waiting 5-6 years to see what happens that's just not an option for me - I'm broad shouldered/chested and ugly so I can't get by without forms and I'm so sick to death of having to put on a bra to make my identity obvious even if I just want to go to the shops across the road. I miss the beach, can't go swimming with forms in. It's summer and I live in Australia, they're sweaty and uncomfortable nearly all the time. The issue of sexual relations was raised earlier too, that is probably the biggest issue - I tend to shy away from romantic advances 'cos I don't feel like I have anything to offer anyone at the moment; when I'm undressed I look like a boy - partially my fault for preferring short hair and humorous tattoos but the lack of boob doesn't help even if she can get past the other thing...

As to whether a BA is right for you that's entirely your own unique situation, if you're happy the way you are then maybe it's a better idea to wait and see but I'm off to Thailand in 10 days and will probably hold a bra burning party when I get back.   :D
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Imadique on January 15, 2011, 05:20:52 AM
The explanation for the 2 year rule of thumb I was led to believe is that the levels of human growth hormone rapidly decrease after puberty so it's not really fair to compare the conditions of a cis girl growing up to a trans girl applying HRT after her peak period of development (and it'd be fair to say that most of us start well after puberty). Sure we're applying the same primary hormones but they only tell the cells in which manner they should reproduce, they don't control the rate and extent to which they do it.

That's what I thought.

The growth spurt after SRS is something I've heard of a lot too, supposedly due to castration but I never understood why that is if the HRT was completely blocking testosterone anyway?

I didn't understand that either.  I think I may have brought that up a long time ago in another post.

As for waiting 5-6 years to see what happens that's just not an option for me - I'm broad shouldered/chested and ugly so I can't get by without forms and I'm so sick to death of having to put on a bra to make my identity obvious even if I just want to go to the shops across the road. I miss the beach, can't go swimming with forms in. It's summer and I live in Australia, they're sweaty and uncomfortable nearly all the time. The issue of sexual relations was raised earlier too, that is probably the biggest issue - I tend to shy away from romantic advances 'cos I don't feel like I have anything to offer anyone at the moment; when I'm undressed I look like a boy - partially my fault for preferring short hair and humorous tattoos but the lack of boob doesn't help even if she can get past the other thing...

My forms SMELL.  I can't for the life of me get the smell out.  I sweat into them, and no matter how I wash them, or how many times, it just wont come out.  I tend to do the same with romantic advances because I have a boy chest too. 

I don't miss the beach so much as I do the pool.  I missed going to the pool and the hot tub with my friends.  Hotel parties, school, my apartment, etc.

I really just miss dating, even if it ends badly, I still miss it.  And sex.

As to whether a BA is right for you that's entirely your own unique situation, if you're happy the way you are then maybe it's a better idea to wait and see but I'm off to Thailand in 10 days and will probably hold a bra burning party when I get back.   :D

Good luck with your BA.  I am not happy with how my chest is, and I am currently not in a growth "spurt" and my chest shrank some (if that's even really possible).  What little I had seems smaller, so I guess.

I think at this point I am going to go ahead and get them.  Thanks for the feedback.

•  

CaitJ

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 15, 2011, 10:35:24 AM
I think at this point I am going to go ahead and get them.  Thanks for the feedback.

Considering all factors, I think this is a good move - you're clearly extremely unhappy with your breasts and they are impinging on your social life heavily.
  •  

AbbyJ

Here I was criticizing myself last night, and it seems I'm lucky. I've just reached a B cup after 15 months of HRT.  :-X
(I'm tall, too, so maybe that explains it.)

In any case, I'd say give it just a while longer. I'd hate to hear you had a sudden growth and have things be uneven.  :-\
  •  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: AbbyJ on January 15, 2011, 01:44:16 PM
Here I was criticizing myself last night, and it seems I'm lucky. I've just reached a B cup after 15 months of HRT.  :-X
(I'm tall, too, so maybe that explains it.)

In any case, I'd say give it just a while longer. I'd hate to hear you had a sudden growth and have things be uneven.  :-\

I know for sure that my bra band size is a 34.  I wear a 34AA bra, and I do NOT fill it out, not even close.  It's just hard to expect that I'm going to get to an A cup (let alone a B cup) since it's already been 24 months.

I'm going to talk to Dr. Zukowski about implant sizes next week in Toronto, and see what he has to say.  I know it's in his best interest to sell me implants, but he hasn't steered me wrong yet.  I trust that between what he has to say, your advice, and my own judgment that I can make the right decision.

•  

Tammy Hope

Quote from: Vexing on January 12, 2011, 03:08:09 AM
Interesting. I'm definitely having another growth spurt after SRS (and I've also started to cycle progesterone).
I'm not sure why 2 years would be a benchmark, since cis puberty lasts roughly 6-8 years. 2 years of hormone uptake for a cis girl would give the first stage of breast development (at around age 11), but she'll have another strong growth period a few years later (say 13-14). Some cis women don't get full breast growth until well into their 20s (just as some men don't get facial hair until their 20s).
I think impatience is a large factor here; a lot of girls can only wait 2 years before needing a boob job.
I'll keep you posted over the next 5 years  ;)

I dunno but I'm 47 and I'm on the clock. Haven't even started HRT yet (March is the plan) and I'm not giving the puppies 8 year unless I'm too broke to do different.

You girls who transition in your 20's want to wait, i see your thinking.
Disclaimer: due to serious injury, most of my posts are made via Dragon Dictation which sometimes butchers grammar and mis-hears my words. I'm also too lazy to closely proof-read which means some of my comments will seem strange.

http://eachvoicepub.com/PaintedPonies.php
  •  

ameliat

My Mom is a 32D.  I am 55 and have been on hormones for 4 plus years. I am maybe an A cup at the most. And I am over weight. Dear I would get the implants if I were you. But that is just me. I can't afford them. If you can why not do it?
Amelia
  •  

Imadique

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 15, 2011, 10:35:24 AM

My forms SMELL.  I can't for the life of me get the smell out.  I sweat into them, and no matter how I wash them, or how many times, it just wont come out. 

Hmm, are you talking about the foam type of forms? If you get stuck wearing them for any reason try the silicone type, they clean up really easily and don't retain a smell if you wash regularly with plain soap and water.

Thanks for the luck, glad to help  :)
  •  

Debra

Quote from: perlita85 on January 16, 2011, 04:56:01 PM
It is all in the genes. I come form a long line of big breasted women DD to DDD (sisters, Mom, aunties, and grandma's), so no surprise that after of only 4 months on Spiro I am already an A, with both nipple and aerola growth (aerola is already 1 1/3 inch in diameter.

I'm jealous!!!! It took me a year to get to an A! lol. If I get to a B it'll probably be in a couple more years, I suspect.

•  

Valerie Elizabeth

Quote from: Jerica on January 19, 2011, 10:34:22 AM
I'm jealous!!!! It took me a year to get to an A! lol. If I get to a B it'll probably be in a couple more years, I suspect.

I'm super jealous too!  It took me two years to get to nothing (well, a tad more than nothing - like AAA) :-(

On a side note, I'm seeing Dr. Zukowski in Toronto today, if anyone else is going to be there.

•  

Debra

Quote from: Valerie Elizabeth on January 19, 2011, 10:40:28 AM
On a side note, I'm seeing Dr. Zukowski in Toronto today, if anyone else is going to be there.

I heard he was going to be in Seattle for some event or something on Feb 22nd. Slightly interested.

•