Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What is the most encouraging song you know?

Started by Alex201, January 19, 2011, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex201

This song speaks volums to me...about being myself and not letting others bring me down...It is encouraging when dealing with transition issues... "think of what could be if you rewrite the role you play" line really speaks to me...about being myself..and not wearing this mask that society has put on me based on whats between my legs.

•  

Janet_Girl

When I began this journey and at the times that I get low, this song got/gets me over those times.  It may not work for you guys, but for me it is right on.

•  

Nero

Don't laugh  :laugh: but one of the girls here posted this song a few months back when I was struggling with a personal goal. I listened to it when I was going through that. it's encouraging and the girl's pretty cute too.  :)

Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

emoboi

Spoopy poopie
  •  

VeryGnawty

I'm not sure if I would call it encouraging, but the song that always motivated me the most was The Night.  I swear, this song helped me battle my dysphoria.

"The cake is a lie."
  •  

tekla

FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

VeryGnawty

"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Key

Right now I think it has to be this song by Nightwish, "Fantasmic."  As the title says, it's largely based on fantasia, and it brings back that hope and dreaming that you had as a kid watching those movies, save in a symphonic metal piece.

•  

Luc

And, just for good measure, the weirdest inspirational music video I've seen in a long time:
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Lacey Lynne

Roll with the Changes:

Motto to live by.  All-time best cruising song.  Song of true hope.

Peace    8)   Lacey Lynne
Believe.  Persist.  Arrive.    :D

Julie Vu (Princess Joules) Rocks!  "Hi, Sunshine Sparkle Faces!" she says!
  •  

Arctic Kat

I feel really weird to consider this song "encouraging," but I have to go with it:
Komar & Melamid and Dave Soldier -- The Most Unwanted Song.

http://s3.beatcrave.com/Audio/most_unwanted_songs/KomarMelamid_The-Most-UnwantedSong.mp3

In 1996, a survey was conducted to determine what people like and dislike in music. The researchers then took the data to produce a "most wanted" song and a "most unwanted" song.

Quote from: Dave Soldier, Composer:The most unwanted music is over 25 minutes long, veers wildly between loud and quiet sections, between fast and slow tempos, and features timbres of extremely high and low pitch, with each dichotomy presented in abrupt transition. The most unwanted orchestra was determined to be large, and features the accordion and b>-bleeped-<ipe (which tie at 13% as the most unwanted instrument), banjo, flute, tuba, harp, organ, synthesizer (the only instrument that appears in both the most wanted and most unwanted ensembles). An operatic soprano raps and sings atonal music, advertising jingles, political slogans, and "elevator" music, and a children's choir sings jingles and holiday songs. The most unwanted subjects for lyrics are cowboys and holidays, and the most unwanted listening circumstances are involuntary exposure to commericals and elevator music. Therefore, it can be shown that if there is no covariance—someone who dislikes b>-bleeped-<ipes is as likely to hate elevator music as someone who despises the organ, for example—fewer than 200 individuals of the world's total population would enjoy this piece.

This song is inspirational to me because it is a lot more interesting to listen to than The Most Wanted Song (which is nice to listen to, but boring).
It taught me something about art, specifically how not to make boring art: understand what people desire and give them the opposite.
Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

Padma

This might seem like a strange choice - but it's not only comforted me through awful times (in a non-religious way, I want to add, in case the lyrics suggest otherwise), but the final chorus words are what really does it for me.

Grace under pressure
Cooling palm across my brow
Eyes of an angel
Lay me down

We still believe in love, so >-bleeped-< you! :D

Womandrogyne™
  •