Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

100 Push-up Challenge

Started by Miniar, February 18, 2011, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miniar

So I'm doing the 100 push-up challenge, and I've roped my husband and a few more people into it.

I discovered a couple months back that I could do push-ups. Just on-the-knees ones, but I CAN!
This is a milestone cause I haven't been able to do that since I was like 5 years old!
So when I bumped into this recently, OFCOURSE I wanted to play.

So, who's with me?
We can log progress in the thread!

I'm still a weakling, doing on the knees, smallest set, but I did day two of week one yesterday and will do day three tomorrow.

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

nancyparrishnrs

It is a good product if you do not have awesome wrists. It takes the strain off of the wrists but be careful of it slipping. Make sure it's absolutely secure before using it.
-----
Nancy
  •  

kyril

Looks like a good program! Just did week 1 day 1 (biggest set). I probably should have started on week 2 or 3 since I do 20 pushups pretty regularly a few times a week, but figured I didn't want to overreach and have to go back.

•  

Just Shelly

Pre hrt I did 100 push-ups 3 sets of 30-35, 4-5 time a week, one reason I lost 25 lbs.

Now that I've been on hrt I am still able to do 100,(mens style) definitely a little more tired but not sure if its hrt or from not doing them consistently for a couple of years.

I have switched to pilates and crunches, I definitely don't want big arms. I do feel though push-ups are the best exercise you can do.

Shelly
  •  

spenceroar

This is pretty cool, I'd love to be able to increase the amount of reps I can do with regards to push ups.
Right now I can only muster 20 in a single go, and I might give this a try to see if I can make that number larger.
  •  

Da Monkey

Looks interesting. I would love to try it once I am healed. I am so weak so it will be nice to record some changes.
The story is the same, I've just personalized the name.
  •  

Devlyn

100 pushups? I'll bang out a hundred right now! I knew that Army training would come in handy someday!
  •  

Linus

I'll give it a shot. I'm hoping to get surgery this year and this might help what I need for the surgery. :)
My Personal Blog: http://www.syrlinus.com
My Cigar Blog: http://www.cigarnewbie.com
  •  

Miniar

I've gone from 4-5 pushups to 30 in a go already...

"Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell" - Nietzsche
  •  

Renard

I've started the challenge twice... and hit a wall towards the end of week three both times x3 I'm going to retry it again starting sometime around mid-April, after my first few exams are over. Hopefully I can stick to it a bit longer this time.
  •  

mistressstevie

I may be a bit of a pushup fanatic.  They are a great workout.  Yesterday I did 60 minutes of pushups and situps while listening to some online training to pass the time.  As a fitness fanatic, I always encourage people to find what makes it work for them.

Count challenges, time, friends, weight goals, and so forth all work well for different people. 

The listening/watching instructional materials as part of my workout the last three weeks has added
about 15 minutes to my average workout time and that is a big benefit. 

-mS
  •  

Lee

I'm hopping in late, but it looks like a good program.  I can do about 15 at the moment, so it'd be cool to get that higher.  God knows my arms and shoulders need some more tone.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

V M

I tried to eat as many "Push Up" frozen sherbet pops as I could but didn't make it past 2 before I got a head freeze  :laugh:

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •