Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Disgusting restaurant experience

Started by Cindi Jones, January 15, 2007, 10:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umop ap!sdn

2 wharves = 1 paradox.

Quote from: Lilly 4 Life on February 17, 2007, 09:55:20 AM
BUT there is one thing americans can't deny, all your ancestors were Europeans... (i'm not talking about the native ones =D) :D
Yep, 15 out of every 16 of mine were. :D

Quotebtw... "HOORAY I'M HALF-FREAKY"
Same here.
  •  

Kate Thomas

Cindi  Great Job

i ran across this quote that seemed fitting.

QuoteEach time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.

–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966

KateAlice
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Maebh

BUT there is one thing americans can't deny, all your ancestors were Europeans... (i'm not talking about the native ones =D) :D

Did I miss something?  ??? Are only WASPs true American? What about the descendants of Asians, Africans, Middle-Eastern, Oceania and other ethnic groups? Are they not Americans too?  Is there any secret plan for mass deportation or internement?

L&R
Maebh
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Maebh on February 22, 2007, 10:12:06 PM
Is there any secret plan for mass deportation or internment?

L&R
Maebh

With the current Theocracy we have, I wouldn't doubt it if they thought they could get away with it.

Bev
  •  

beatrix

Quote from: umop ap!sdn on February 18, 2007, 02:30:33 AM
2 wharves = 1 paradox.

<giggle>

Always room for a good pun.

Anyway, I think the quote goes something along the line of "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

Bravo for standing up to such a bigot.  I hope we can all take inspiration from your actions.
  •  

umop ap!sdn

Quote from: Maebh on February 22, 2007, 10:12:06 PMWhat about the descendants of Asians, Africans, Middle-Eastern, Oceania and other ethnic groups?
Oops, I forgot about them too. And in this of all threads....  :( :icon_redface:

Quote from: b/d on February 22, 2007, 10:55:24 PM
Quote from: umop ap!sdn on February 18, 2007, 02:30:33 AM
2 wharves = 1 paradox.

<giggle>

Always room for a good pun.
I forget where I saw that one but there was a whole list of 'em. :)
  •  

Ricki

Like Paul Harvey would say for the rest of the story "now you know why Heinz named it's famous sauce -heinz-57 sauce" for all the flavors poured in!
well the melting pot was already taken
sorry-ruff ruff :D
Ricki
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Ricki on February 23, 2007, 06:48:23 PM
Like Paul Harvey would say for the rest of the story "now you know why Heinz named it's famous sauce -heinz-57 sauce" for all the flavors poured in!
well the melting pot was already taken
sorry-ruff ruff :D
Ricki
Oh, I just thought it was their 57th attempt. :P

Melissa
  •  

Omika

Ha.  Ha ha.  HA!  HAAAA!

Oh man.  Oh wow.  Oh, that's just lovely.  I love it.  I'm in love.  Thank you for making my evening, Cindi.  That sort of open bigotry is truly outrageous, and I'd like to point out something very important that I observed here.

If, in fact, you hadn't make such a stirring and convincing speech, people would not have left the establishment like they did.  Even if they had heard him say it themselves.  A few may have lost their appetite, but...  yes.  Yes, this is a truly fabulous example of what fiery speech can do to rouse people.  Fabulous.

I often find myself wishing Hitler had been a good person.  What lovely things he could have done.

~ Blair
  •  

Lilly 4 Life

Quote from: Maebh on February 22, 2007, 10:12:06 PM

Did I miss something?  ??? Are only WASPs true American? What about the descendants of Asians, Africans, Middle-Eastern, Oceania and other ethnic groups? Are they not Americans too?  Is there any secret plan for mass deportation or internement?

L&R
Maebh
Well, but they didn't start America from the beginning they travelled there after. But yeah it's true in a way.

Quote from: Blair on February 27, 2007, 02:51:53 AM
Quote from: Blair on February 27, 2007, 02:51:53 AM
Ha.  Ha ha.  HA!  HAAAA!

Oh man.  Oh wow.  Oh, that's just lovely.  I love it.  I'm in love.  Thank you for making my evening, Cindi.  That sort of open bigotry is truly outrageous, and I'd like to point out something very important that I observed here.

If, in fact, you hadn't make such a stirring and convincing speech, people would not have left the establishment like they did.  Even if they had heard him say it themselves.  A few may have lost their appetite, but...  yes.  Yes, this is a truly fabulous example of what fiery speech can do to rouse people.  Fabulous.

I often find myself wishing Hitler had been a good person.  What lovely things he could have done.

~ Blair
Ha.  Ha ha.  HA!  HAAAA!

~ Blair

But it was good we are OVER with Hitler, now since "We learn out of mistakes" we don't vote for idiots like that anymore, besides, wasn't it good it already happened? I mean think it that way if that would've happened now we would suffer even more due to More heavy machinery and larger guns and atomic bombs.
  •  

Omika

Erm...  well, you see, my point was that charisma and passion drive people to action.  Hitler was very charismatic and passionate (about the wrong things entirely, but that's beside the point.)

It was a simple hypothetical that I mull over sometimes.

~ Blair

*Discontinues thread contamination*
  •  

JaneX

Most cool response..... keep it up.

JaneX
  •  

Omika

Quote from: AnomieAssassin on March 03, 2007, 11:18:25 AM
Also, I really don't agree that nobody votes for idiots like that anymore. People are sheep, and (depending on the survival length of human beings), that situation could easily happen again.

Easily.  When a nation is already egotistical, then gets humiliated in a war, has their economy pretty much gutted, and becomes an object of ridicule, the citizenry become extremely pliable.  They're desperate and want their dignity back.  All it takes is one charismatic individual to shape things to their will and make promises of glory.  It's that easy.

I don't think something like that can happen in America, because the population is too diverse.  What's more likely here is another civil war, or possibly a revolution (best case scenario.)

I'm a radical!

~ Blair
  •  

Cindi Jones

Blair, read through your message... we've satisfied your criteria already to some degree.  Are we on the brink?  I'll agree with you that we have a ways to go.  I am hopeful that we are on the rebound to sanity.  I hope, I hope, I hope.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

Omika

Quote from: Cindi Jones on March 04, 2007, 10:18:38 PM
Blair, read through your message... we've satisfied your criteria already to some degree.  Are we on the brink?  I'll agree with you that we have a ways to go.  I am hopeful that we are on the rebound to sanity.  I hope, I hope, I hope.

Cindi

I believe we are, Cindi.  People have demonstrated a desire to "do the right thing" for the most part and a distaste for war in the last thirty years or so.  I think it's becoming obvious to most that the path we're on right now is one that leads to nothing we'd want for our children.  Once everyone realizes how powerful they are (indeed, fear, depression, apathy and self-loathing are our biggest enemies), there's nothing we can't accomplish.

There are just two big demons we have to slay before we can make progress:  Fear and Ego.

Maybe I should just make a thread to preach in rather than hijack other people's threads.  I'm very rude.

~ Blair
  •  

Theo

My admiration. I've been fighting on my end for many people's rights, but infortunately one day I've realized: no one was fighting for mine. I was a woman, white, transgender, I got it from many minoritires, really for no reason - I wasn't even born in this country. Many an African male pushed me and stepped on me, when I went to the housing court, my file was mixed in with an Irish's person file, the judge, a mix, spoke to me horribly, made fun of my accent and forced me to take a translator. My ideas were stolen from under me, Spanish guys on the street called women who got in their way (they were walking like a thousand miles an hour) bitches and hoes. When I stood up for my rights, they pushed me aside so I almost fell and said ">-bleeped-<ing white hoe." When I spoke back -they said they had more rights because they were born in this country adn I wasn't. In my neighborhood, the music plays on Sundays, the content is "get that hoe" "bitches are out of control." The name of the singers are many, but the style is one: rap. "Hoes should know their places" is the discussion by the local supermarket. This "white hoe" who is also a boy, coming in gets her/his way blocked. They rub against me. I can't say anything back, when I tried, do you know what they said to me? "What happened, are you a racist?"
"No, " I responded. "Your violating my right to privacy and freedom of being touched has no connection of my discrimination against you on the factor of your race. Besides, I still don't have to mate with you, because not being a racist does not regulate my sexual preferences."
Or does it now? Many girls I know I forced to date black guys to avoid the charge of racism. Why do I say forced? Because I have girlfriends that got pressured into dating black men...simply because they were black! "How can you decieve both yourself and him?" - I say. She responds: "Oh it doesn't matter..."
When this happens, I believe it is a sign of outright taking of advantage of what MLK has never intended. Regardless of his intent or not, I don't owe anyone anything of a positive action. \MY DUTY IS ONLY TO REFRAIN FROM NEGATIVE ACTION. But here violence is conducted against me. Neither I nor my parents came to this country for that.
I protest.
And I will make my voice heard.
  •