News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hey There!

Started by SiobhanB, March 07, 2011, 12:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiobhanB

Hi everyone,

My name is Siobhan (or at least it will be), and I'm a 36 year old MTF transsexual.

I've lived with gender dysphoria all my life my earliest memory of wanting to be a girl was at 5 years old and is in fact my oldest memory.
During the early part of 2010 I found it harder to cope with, and sought out a gender therapist.  Towards the end of last year and into this year I came out to my family, friends and work colleagues and have been amazed at the level of support I've received.  My fiancee has even stayed with me thus far.  For this reason I count myself very lucky.

I have pegged 2011 as the year that I will start my transition proper, and have come up with a couple of milestones that I'd like to achieve.

Anyway, that's enough about me, hopefully I'll chat to you all more on the forums!

Siobhan.
  •  

Lee

Hey Siobhan, welcome to the forums.  Good luck with your goals.
Oh I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love

A blah blog
http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,365.0.html
  •  

Janet_Girl

Hi Siobhan, :icon_wave:

Welcome to our little family. Over 5900 strong. That would be one heck of a family reunion.

Feel free to post your successes/failures, Hopes/dreams.  Ask questions and seek answers. Give and receive advice.

But remember we are family here, your family now. And it is always nice to have another sister. :icon_hug:

And be sure to check out these links ( MUST READS )

Hugs and Love,
Janet
  •  

Karii Cloud

Welcome! ;D

Way to be brave! Take it from another susans newb. Support, wether online or in person is the only way to survive being "out" even if you are just out with yourself.

You can do anything you set your mind to. If you truly believe that, the only way to fail is not to try.
Check it out
http://kariicloudblog.blogspot.com

Love, peace, puppies, ponies, and glitter,

Karii = )
  •  

Cindy

Hi Siobhan,

Always liked that name but never know how to pronounce it :laugh:.

Welcome to your new family. Post away and join in. The more you join in the more people you get to know.

Hugs

Cindy
  •  

annette

Hi Siobhan

Welcome to the forum, honey.
You will find out that there are a lot of people with compassionate and supporting minds here.
A lot of them do have a lot of expirience and wisdom.
Feel free to write or ask, maybe it will make things easier for you to achieve your targets.
After all. we know where you are dealing with.
Looking forward to your future posts, so we have a chance to know eachother a little better.
Anyway, feel yourself at home and have a pleasant time here.

hugs
annette
  •  

SiobhanB

Thanks all, I'm so glad I've found this site, this is exactly what I needed :)

(BTW Cindy - it's pronounced Shi-Vawn - I'm sure I'm going to be telling people that a lot when I start using it in the real world!)

I'm looking to getting to know you all better on the forums.  I'm not a great poster - I'm more of a reader, I have to learn to speak up more!

Siobhan.
  •  

Cindy

Thanks Siobhan

See you have contributed already

Cindy
  •