Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I won't eat........?

Started by Tracey, March 07, 2011, 09:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaOhMya!

That is ummmm..rather horrifying there jamie! I think crickets are cute, so I may eat one perhaps...but scorpions and worms eww!:O I have a strict zero-tolerance policy toward arachnids!

So what did you do? Ya get to the soft scorpion centre then lick him, or have a little chew on his arm?  :angel:
  •  

justmeinoz

Bit of a heresy as an Aussie, but I won't eat Morton Bay Bugs  (Shield Lobster)  they are just too rich. Prawns, Crayfish, Yabbies (crawdads) yes, but not Bugs.
Oh, and anything that seems to be looking at me.
Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Alexis

Quote from: justmeinoz on May 03, 2012, 07:45:56 AM
Oh, and anything that seems to be looking at me.
Made me think of another one, Ikizukuri. That was a hard meal...

It's a preparation of sashimi made from live seafood. The most common way is to serve it on a plate with the filleted meat assembled on top of the body
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on May 03, 2012, 02:17:40 AM
That is ummmm..rather horrifying there jamie! I think crickets are cute, so I may eat one perhaps...but scorpions and worms eww!:O I have a strict zero-tolerance policy toward arachnids!

So what did you do? Ya get to the soft scorpion centre then lick him, or have a little chew on his arm?  :angel:

Scorpions are crunchy.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Alexis on May 03, 2012, 08:57:17 AM
Made me think of another one, Ikizukuri. That was a hard meal...

It's a preparation of sashimi made from live seafood. The most common way is to serve it on a plate with the filleted meat assembled on top of the body

The potential for getting liver flukes (see in thread, above) is why I won't eat any raw fish.  However. I might consider nyotaimori.
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Omg Ikizukuri! horrific! Saw a program where someone ate a fish that was still dying...how barbaric!!!

And eyes! I understand the eyes! I hate prawn eyes, big black voids glassed over and staring 'atcha! It makes them difficult to eat (ahh I see now...cheeky prawn!).

As for legs...I have a problem with Prawn legs, lobster legs. Bay Bugs legs are particularly ugly...and I suppose l even takes issue with *crunchy* scorpion legs. My issue is they all remind me of my lifetime nemesis...a creature so vile I dare not speak the name...a demon that apparently lives EVERYWHERE, with its fast moves and propensity to run right at ya....an insect that is tough to kill, and that is futile to defeat as it seems to transport immediately into another body. Oh yes, be afraid...this creature is responsible for all suffering and sorrow in the universe...and to top it off it has huge antennae that seem to reach out and say "MYEH that's right, f*ck you mate!"

but I digress....
  •  

Devlyn

"Scorpions are crunchy" reminded me of this one: "Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." Hugs, Devlyn
  •