Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Name selection?

Started by Tracey, February 12, 2011, 07:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padma

By a happy "coincidence", the Buddhist name that's been my legal name for the last 14 years is gender-non-specific (it's all in how you pronounce the ending). But the first half, which is how I usually introduce myself to people who can't cope with all 5 weird syllables, is Padma (which means "lotus"). Close enough to Luke Skywalker's mum's name for people to get their heads round it ;D - I guess I'll stick with that, less paperwork!

It actually (and carefully) never occurred to me until recently that one reason I was so eager to change my name legally when I got given the new one was that it was less obviously male.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Midgear

So I finally settled on Terra meaning earth. It was the closest girl name to Steele I could think of. 
  •  

Padma

You could go for Ferra (which would be close to iron, if not Steele ;)) - but Terra's a great name. Said with a US accent people might think it's Tara, though - but then that's also a lovely name.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Faithnoel

Hello everyone, I saw this topic and thought it was a good one to share with you all. My given name is Glenn,
I tried using Glennda, Glenna, ect. But it just never was right I talked to some people at a group I went to for the first
time Dressed, and they said oh try a name of an old girlfriend, some girl you might work with, I could not come up with that worked for me. Then as I was driving home from the group meeting that night I was listening to a Faith Hill CD and I thought gee
I kind of like that name. It also plays into another aspect of my story which is for another time
  •  

BrendaLynn

Hi,

Picking out my name came to me rather easily. I have always liked the name Brenda and Lynn, since I have no Brenda's or Lynn's in my family I chose this name, since I liked both names so much, I decided to combine them together for something different, after all I am something different and I love it.
  •