Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Depression ?

Started by Steph, January 27, 2007, 07:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steph

I have to confess that prior to my own episode with depression I though that those who were afflicted with it were some how weak and couldn't deal with life, that they were trying to dodge responsibility somehow.  I clearly see how stupid and narrow minded this notion was.  Compared to others here my bout of depression is nothing, and I truly sympathize with those who have to deal with this in any form.

From each other we learn if we open our hearts and minds.  I know I did.

Steph
  •  

Sheila

I will be going on my third year in May and it wasn't until last May that I really felt really well. I give that thinking to being able to ride my bike. Now, that is really hard on the crotch. I rode my bike after a year, but it wasn't like I use to ride. This last summer I got back into the swing of things and was riding 10-20 miles a day. I'm not fast, just love to go out for a ride and cruise the bike paths down by the river. So, everything is somewhat back to normal. Now, if the better weather comes back I can get back outside. I get depressed in the winter as I don't like to do anything outside in the bad weather.
I told Pat the other day that I really love being a woman. I can't give a reason, but just love it. I still feel very much a whole person now and I don't miss anything that I had before. I'm very content, hmmm "contented cow" OK my mind is wondering. I have gone through a lot of changes after SRS, all for the good, but some a little depressing. It's that damn moon thing. So, things will come together sooner or later. It all depends on the person and not whether they are a strong person or not a strong person.
Sheila
  •