Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

How to begin?

Started by Emmy, May 06, 2011, 07:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emmy

I'm sure there are plenty of topics on this, but oh well.

I don't really know where to start with voice-training.

I'm broke so can't afford any instructional guides and whatnot.

Can anyone help me out?
  •  

Janet_Girl

Kathy Perez's channel TGVoice on YouTube.

You will also a spectrogram to make sure you are within the range.  If you have and IPhone, there is an app for that.  Gee go figure. :icon_crazy: :icon_blink: :icon_blah:
  •  

JadeS

Thanks for the youtube link!
  •  

Alexis R

Quote from: Janet Lynn on May 06, 2011, 10:09:13 AM

You will also a spectrogram to make sure you are within the range.  If you have and IPhone, there is an app for that.  Gee go figure. :icon_crazy: :icon_blink: :icon_blah:

I tried using that particular program, but, not being savvy to sound related tech, I don't know how to read it. Anyone know?
~Alexis
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm very definitely a woman, and I enjoy it." -Marylin Monroe
  •  

A

Uh, the fractional info I can give is "A3 is the average female pitch." I think it was Kathe Perez that said that. I've never learned music in English, though.

I'm going to use all of you for help, too. Do you people have links (and if a miracle happens, in French) for more advanced techniques? I can produce a
female voice, but only a neutral, official one. I seem to be unable to retain a female sound whenever putting emotion in what I am saying (boredom,
anger, fear, etc.) or when doing something else than speak normally or sing (laugh, shout, speak loud, speak softly, cry, groan...)
A's Transition Journal
Last update: June 11th, 2012
No more updates
  •