Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Doctors in Houston/Woodlands/ect area

Started by Skys_the_limit, May 17, 2011, 11:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skys_the_limit

Does anyone know of any trans friendly Doctors where I can get my hormones from in Texas in the Houston, Woodlands, Spring area?
Luke
  •  

JessicaH

Rosenberg Clinic
Gender Treatment Program
1103 Rosenberg
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 763-0016
Formerly the Gender Clinic, University of Texas Medical Branch. Since the mid-1970s; professional services rendered to the transgendered community throughout the Southern U.S. Subscribe to the Standards of Care. Support group meetings held so new and old clients can meet and share experiences. Treatment services are available to those not specifically seeking surgical intervention.

Eric Avery, M.D.
University of Texas Medical Branch
301 University Boulevard, Rt 0186
Galveston, TX 77555-0428
(409) 772-3475

Dr. Carpenter, D.O.
Dr. Michael Noss, D.O.
Denise Morris Executive Director
Offering complete, cost-effective service for the gender community. Serving gender dysphoric people, TVs, TSs, and the gender curious.
Services include: Psychiatric evaluation, Gender Dysphoria counseling, endocrine treatment (hormones), individual and family counseling, pre- and post-op physical exams, full medical treatment, complete laboratory services, surgical referrals & legal liaisons.

Collier M. Cole, Ph.D.
The Rosenberg Clinic
1103 Rosenberg Avenue
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 763-0016

Larry Nahmias, M.D.
18333 Egret Bay Blvd., Suite 560
Houston, TX 77058
(281) 333-2278

Hope that hel[s!
  •  

Ames

I highly recommend Dr Luis Rodriguez. He makes you feel very comfortable, and is totally trans-friendly. Of the doctors I've gone to for hormones, I like him the most.

Texas Institute for Reproductive Medicine & Endocrinology, P.A.
7400 Fannin, Suite 850
Houston, TX 77054
(713) 791-1874
(713) 796-2343 fax
  •  

Balerie

Are there any updates on current providers in this area? I'm sure a lot has changed in the last 6 years.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

•  

CuriousCat94x

@Balerie This is an older thread but I'll try my luck anyways. I'm currently looking to begin HRT myself, I realize (according to your signature thingy) that you were in this thread about a year ago and that you have begun HRT, if so which doctor would you recommend?
1994 - Born
~1998 - Realized something is wrong
~1998-2011 - Fought and repressed feelings, just trying to be "normal"
~2011 - Discovered the name for my feelings
~2011-2018 - Fought and repressed my feelings even more
July 2018 - Born again, after fighting depression, anxiety and meeting death itself
September 14 2018 - First HRT injection! :)

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." - The Creed
  •  

Balerie

Quote from: CuriousCat94x on July 05, 2018, 03:12:02 PM
@Balerie This is an older thread but I'll try my luck anyways. I'm currently looking to begin HRT myself, I realize (according to your signature thingy) that you were in this thread about a year ago and that you have begun HRT, if so which doctor would you recommend?

Just saw this and haven't been around much but I'm seeing Dr. Kovacs. Many of her patients are transgender so she's well versed on our health care needs.

Dr. Julia A. Kovacs
427 W 20th Street
Suite 303
Houston, TX 77008

713-231-1880

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

•  

TaraJo

The Legacy Clinic in the Montros neighborhood is specifically set up to assist the GLBT/HIV+ community in Houston.  Yes, they can get you a doctor who will presscribe hormones.  I saw Dr Natalie Vanek when I was in Houston. 

The HACS clinic down on 18th and Seacrest was able to help me out, too.  However, when I went through them I was seeing Dr Hammill and from what I've heard he retired.  Still, the HACS clinic, even if they can't get a doctor to prescribe hormones might be able to refer you to someone who can help you.
  •  

AmandaSch

Quote from: Balerie on September 21, 2018, 02:13:27 AM
Just saw this and haven't been around much but I'm seeing Dr. Kovacs. Many of her patients are transgender so she's well versed on our health care needs.

Dr. Julia A. Kovacs
427 W 20th Street
Suite 303
Houston, TX 77008

713-231-1880

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wasn't completely sure she did provide coverage for us, but I'm most likely gonna go to her, since I'll be getting insurance from my job soon.
  •