Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taka

you should see me when i'm about to melt away at 13 c in spring... i'll wear small clothes at 19 c if there isn't a dress code or other reason for putting on more.

but seriously, barbie, i'm jealous that you can get away with those styles... i need to lose some weight before next summer so nobody can criticize me for wearing whatever i want.
  •  

Tamara Thor

Quote from: barbie on August 30, 2013, 04:11:13 AM

Oh this looks so cool. I wish I was that confident wearing such short shorts. That's definitely my goal for next summer...

This is what my face looks like these days: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6scak6xfczd54c6/photo.JPG
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Tamara Thor on August 31, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

This is what my face looks like these days: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6scak6xfczd54c6/photo.JPG

Tamara you actually look a lot like the 26 year old girl who lives next door.
  •  

Tamara Thor

Quote from: Shantel on August 31, 2013, 05:35:40 PM
Tamara you actually look a lot like the 26 year old girl who lives next door.
Guess what? I actually am 26 :D
  •  

Jamie D

Oh this looks so cool. I wish I was that confident wearing such short shorts. That's definitely my goal for next summer...

I would not even try to guess your gender from that photo.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Tamara Thor on August 31, 2013, 06:57:33 PM
Guess what? I actually am 26 :D

C'mon you're pulling my leg, is that you Bridget?
  •  

barbie

It looks to me that you are wearing some eye shadow. Right?
I am getting old and always envy any fair skin face.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Tamara Thor

Quote from: barbie on September 01, 2013, 01:43:05 AM
It looks to me that you are wearing some eye shadow. Right?
No I'm not. Not in this photo at least ;) it's just the lightning situation in the room. But I really like that about this photo.
  •  

soulfairer

•  

V M

That's a rather cute wink Carolina, may I suggest you take yourself to the Fabulous thread
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

DriftingCrow

I felt kind of binary today wearing male clothing and yet a chunni for gurdwara so I took a poor selfie when I stopped at Starbucks. 

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: LearnedHand on September 08, 2013, 02:50:31 PM
I felt kind of binary today wearing male clothing and yet a chunni for gurdwara so I took a poor selfie when I stopped at Starbucks. 

Cute Henry, looking good!
  •  

Taka

so that's what gives you the binary feeling?
i used to wear a hijab that way in high school. not that i was ever a muslim, but it helped me ward off creeps on the bus. if i knew any people from another religion that uses them, maybe i'd called the scarf something else.
  •  

barbie

Yes. You look all right!

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

DriftingCrow

Sorry Taka, I didn't notice your post til now. I meant "non-binary" but missed out on the "non" part while typing (sometimes I think faster than my fingers can type, and when I proof read, I end up just reading what I meant to say instead of what I actually typed). 
I am kind of confused by what you meant in the second half of your reply post.  ???

@broken. You look great! I don't what to do about the redeye, some cameras have a "redeye" setting. Also, you could try taking the photo in a better lit area and turn the flash off. I think on photobucket you can edit the redeye out as well.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

ativan

Quote from: broken. on September 12, 2013, 04:29:59 AM
I would be feeling very alright about my pomp/blazer look if I could get this stupid redyellow eye problem fixed! I think it's my specific camera's flash, it is in all my flash photos with this camera but normal red eye removal doesn't work. Does anyone know what to do about that?

http://i.imgur.com/Wqj2uEM.jpg

(Sorry if I look really evil lol it's not my fault)
Almost all cameras have a red eye flash setting. It gives a momentary rapid flashing that causes your eyes to 'undilate'.
Or get a flash attachment that moves the flash over. Its the back of your eye lighting up, and the yellow is a reflection of light inside your eye.
Brighter settings, with more indirect lighting will also add dimension to the pic. What's wrong with having evil eyes?  >:-)
Ativan
  •  

Taka

Quote from: broken. on September 12, 2013, 04:29:59 AM
I would be feeling very alright about my pomp/blazer look if I could get this stupid redyellow eye problem fixed! I think it's my specific camera's flash, it is in all my flash photos with this camera but normal red eye removal doesn't work. Does anyone know what to do about that?

http://i.imgur.com/Wqj2uEM.jpg

(Sorry if I look really evil lol it's not my fault)
looks alright to me (and evil. i like evil).

Quote from: LearnedHand on September 12, 2013, 08:22:24 AM
Sorry Taka, I didn't notice your post til now. I meant "non-binary" but missed out on the "non" part while typing (sometimes I think faster than my fingers can type, and when I proof read, I end up just reading what I meant to say instead of what I actually typed). 
I am kind of confused by what you meant in the second half of your reply post.  ???
eh, well. i think i also read non-binary... that shawl or whatever i should call it has different names in different religions i think. when i wore something just like what you had in the pic, i'd call i hijab because i know more muslims who wear it that way. if i knew people from another religion who wear it in a similar way, i might have used their word for it.
  •  

barbie

Yesterday I visited the coast guard near my hometown with students. It was hot, but I had to wear long pants as it was a kind of official visit.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Shantel

So very attractive Barbie, bet those coast guardsmen had their tongues hanging out!  ;D

When I was a child I was kind of chunky and my mother was somewhat style challenged so she used to outfit me in T shirts that had broad stripes that simply accented my tummy, I looked like a bumble bee less the wings, stinger and little antennae! Not a real self esteem builder for a young kid!  :D ;D :laugh:
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Shantel on September 13, 2013, 12:51:58 PM
So very attractive Barbie, bet those coast guardsmen had their tongues hanging out!  ;D

When I was a child I was kind of chunky and my mother was somewhat style challenged so she used to outfit me in T shirts that had broad stripes that simply accented my tummy, I looked like a bumble bee less the wings, stinger and little antennae! Not a real self esteem builder for a young kid!  :D ;D :laugh:

Shantel,

Thanks for comments. I was not in mood to look feminine, but I wore some makeup.

Last week ago, two girl students passed me while wearing the same striped t-shirts. I asked why you girls are wearing the same t-shirt, and they just smiled at me. I am not quite sure whether it is a trend of young girls' fashion for this fall.

Actually I have various striped t-shirts, but some people comment that they look like sailor's or prisoner's uniform.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •