Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

I am visiting Nanaimo, Canada, and had a chance of running around at yesterday noon.
People here are very friendly and like to speak to strangers.
It is far chillier than my hometown, but anyway enjoyable.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Taka

looks cold. not as cold as here, but still cold. must be because i've gotten used to see your bare arms and legs. good that people have been nice to you.

Quote from: WolfSpirit on October 17, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
What ya'll think? Look more passing or??
the upper part is getting there. curls and wider than average hips are still feminizing, but... wearing a binder really makes one feel good even despite that.
  •  

Jamiep

Hi barbie, I see you are finding your way around. I had a few web sites I was going to post links for you & then lost track of the time you are going. Fall has set in and normal  temps are in the low to mid teens Celsius. I think that is what I have seen currently in Victoria, Vancouver & my Toronto weather forecasts. With the mountains there & coastal BC, those moisture laden clouds that cross the Pacific are forced to drop some of that to go over the mountains so it can be rainy in that area.

Hope you are enjoying your Canadiana experience.
Cheers
Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: barbie on October 18, 2013, 06:19:49 AM
I am visiting Nanaimo, Canada, and had a chance of running around at yesterday noon.

barbie~~

Hi Barbie, you are just about 100 miles North of me there, hope you enjoyed your time there. I noticed how friendly and conversant Canadians usually are and what stood out in my mind most is the civility. They don't try and run over pedestrians in the crosswalks like they do here. Everyone stops and is courteous to pedestrians all the time.
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Jamiep on October 18, 2013, 09:02:03 AM
Hi barbie, I see you are finding your way around. I had a few web sites I was going to post links for you & then lost track of the time you are going. Fall has set in and normal  temps are in the low to mid teens Celsius. I think that is what I have seen currently in Victoria, Vancouver & my Toronto weather forecasts. With the mountains there & coastal BC, those moisture laden clouds that cross the Pacific are forced to drop some of that to go over the mountains so it can be rainy in that area.
so it's still t-shirt weather there? today it's been snowing here.
  •  

Jamiep

It was in the upper teens to 20 C, almost t-shirt weather. Today 13 C and time for jackets. A couple of days with rain mixed in. Probably no snow here until late November or closer to Christmas.
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Taka

10 c is still t-shirt weather as far as i'm concerned.
gotta be a little stubborn with short summers...
  •  

ativan

It's not unusual to see people in shorts and a winter jacket while it's snowing in MN.
http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/04/snarky-fashion-rant.html
  •  

WolfSpirit

•  

Lo

Quote from: WolfSpirit on October 17, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
Super excited I got my new binder in today and I never wore one before so didn't expect it to be such a pain to put on lol

What ya'll think? Look more passing or??

I don't know, but I think you look fab anyways. :]

Quote from: barbie on October 18, 2013, 06:19:49 AM

barbie~~

I was just in that part of the world a couple weekends ago! Not Nanaimo, but Victoria. Everything about it was wonderful and gorgeous and relaxing... a totally different experience than the mainland. I can't wait to spend more time on the island once I get my butt up to Van permanent-like!
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 18, 2013, 05:10:01 PM
It's not unusual to see people in shorts and a winter jacket while it's snowing in MN.
http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2011/04/snarky-fashion-rant.html
there were a sister and brother in my grade school who'd wear shorts and t-shirt all year round. it was nearly impossible for the weather to make them wear something like a winter jacket.

i don't worry too much about whether i'm wearing shorts or a not too warm skirt if i'm just going outside for a short while. just wearing a winter jacket will keep me warm if it's not too cold outside. but if i go skiing, i'll wear something very warm on my lower body, and if it gets too hot, i'll take off my jacket and wear only a t-shirt. i think the shorts and winter jacket combination is a result of warmer houses. if you can wear shorts inside the house, laziness will prevent you from changing unless it's too cold outside. from what i hear, in the olden days it was more common to have to wear a wool sweater inside the house, because they didn't keep too high temperatures inside. waste of fuel.
  •  

ativan

I grew up living in a farm house attic with my brothers. My sisters got bedrooms on the second floor. Me and my brothers would wake up with temps in the low fifties sometimes. Usually it never got warmer than in the sixties for a few months in winter. I was a lot tougher when it came to winter, back then.
After I left home, I worked in tropical weather for a couple years. I never got used to winter again, although that didn't slow me down for years after, for having winter fun. Lots of skiing, and always a few winter camping trips. Some of them in sub zero conditions. Ehh.. you dress with layers to stay warm.
But I hate the cold now. I can't even go for walks along the roads, the ice and packed snow is to slippery and I always twist my knee enough to not be able to walk on it. It's embarrassing to have to call for a ride home. Walking through the snow on the forest trails has the same results. The cold makes all my joints ache.
So I don't go out much in winter anymore, even walking from the house to a warm car, if the sidewalk is icy, I have to take very small steps to avoid injury.
I have an extra heater in my room, next to me while working on my computer. I think about those warm tropical days and nights... and getting a knee replacement. Maybe both, the other one is getting bad now, too. Not quite enough for a replacement, but it will. I don't like the idea of it, but I'll do it to be able to become active once again. I miss skiing, I miss a lot of things because of my knees. It's almost time to get them redone.A bad twist on my better knee will do it. Maybe it will happen this coming winter. Last year I came close enough a few times. I'm getting to old for the pain I endure. It's a little to much, and I hate walking with a cane.
Maybe in a couple more years, I'll be sitting on the beach, basking in the winter sun, once again. I day dream and make plans.
Ativan
  •  

Shantel

After a few years in tropical weather I disembarked the plane in California in the midst of Summer wearing a short sleeved shirt and thought I'd freeze to death. One does get re-aclimatized eventually. Got my left knee replaced four years ago, the pain was a bitch and the only answer was to work the therapy program hard to recover faster. In retrospect, it was well worth it!
  •  

ativan

Yah, I do acclimate pretty fast. I prefer the hot and humid. I love the feel of the thickness, the viscous feeling of tropical air.
The smell of old vegetation of the forest floors, everything has more vibrant odors. The colors are the same. I feel at home.

There are some new replacement techniques and knees out there. The last four years, I have been enduring this pain.
I'm going to schedule another shot of lube stuff for it this week. I hope it carries me through the winter.
When they took out most of the meniscus I shredded, they looked around and found I haven't had any cartilage in the back of that knee for years.
My other knee doesn't look to good, either. The cartilage is shredding. Once it happens, the pain will push me through any rehab I will need.
It won't be my first time of enduring rehab, I'll be taking my replacements in stride. It's just getting me to do it.
I'm getting tired enough of not being able to do things I used to. I want to run and jump, I want to feel whole again.
I want to be able to run along the beaches and trails. I plan and daydream. It's coming right at me, I see it moving faster each day.
*Hmm... I wonder if I can get my legs a little longer at the same time.  :)
Ativan
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 19, 2013, 09:15:12 AM
I wonder if I can get my legs a little longer at the same time.  :)
Ativan

It was my left knee, so now when I'm lying on my back on the floor with my knees bent and feet on the floor to do crunches I notice that my left knee doesn't come up as high as my right one, meaning that when I have them perfectly parallel that my left thigh is shorter than my right. No wonder my lower back hurts when I walk uphill, my geometry is off.  >:( I'd probably be ok if I lived on the side of a hill and only walked in one direction.  ;D
  •  

barbie

Despite cancellation of flight from Nanaimo to Vancouver due to fog, I returned home by the ferry and two Korean Air flights.  Thanks girls for greetings from the area.

Canadians really like to talk with anybody. I found some pattern. Men who speaked to me were homless or wanderers; whereas women were beautiful and confident. I do not know the reason.

One young lady was so much memorable. She greeted while taking off the ferry in Horseshoe Bay. At first, I did not not recognize her, but she said she served me at the restaurant during lunch. Yes. She wore old-fashioned skirt and flat shoes, looking so much conservative. She smiled beautifully and chatted with us.

As I carrid 2 bags in my both hands, she tried to give hands to me, but I said I need some balance. She was visiting her brother in Vancouver. She works 3 days per week, studying science and nursery in a graduate school.

I gave her my name card and asked to contact me if ever she visits Korea. Finally she let me know how to take bus and rail to the airport, but I took a cab as I had too much luggage, after saying goodbye.

Other women were also pretty and so much kind, but did not have a chance to listen their life.

I had never met a woman who is so kind to speak to a visitor like me, detailing her life. I dream of meeting her again at some place at any time.

So many beautiful people there in BC!

Barbie~~ (through Galaxy Note2)
Just do it.
  •  

Shantel

So glad you had such a memorable time there Barbie!
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

LordKAT

•