Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Grace

Quote from: sad panda on April 26, 2014, 07:24:26 PM
It sucks, I'd be mostly ok with how I look now if I just got really thin...

I lost a stack of weight when I came of HRT, about two-three stones. Yeah, I became seriously underweight and that was despite eating like a horse. Took several years for that to balance out.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

sad panda

Quote from: Ms Grace on April 26, 2014, 07:29:51 PM
I lost a stack of weight when I came of HRT, about two-three stones. Yeah, I became seriously underweight and that was despite eating like a horse. Took several years for that to balance out.

Unfortunately it has always been an uphill battle for me losing weight as a boy, but yeah, on HRT it got especially bad. I have to eat about 1000 calories a day to maintain my weight even if I have binge weeks to help my metabolism. ;-;

I'm so jealous lol... I love eating...
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

I can't be a beautiful boy? :(

you can , though you might have to try hard to achieve that look :/
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Shantel

It sucks, I'd be mostly ok with how I look now if I just got really thin, unfortunately I'm not gonna pass, but, that's ok too I guess, being a boy again is just really for my own sanity (:

I can't be a beautiful boy? :(

Yes you can, so be you and enjoy your life hon!
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: sad panda on April 26, 2014, 02:09:30 AM
Welp.. here's what I'm workin' with....

Gah... what's a boy to do?? Not sure what I'm going to end up with as far as hormones and stuff.

The hoodie is the only boy clothes i have right now.. it's actually women's but I bought it for the size back before I had transitioned and was just living as a cis boy in the first place. Men's are just too big.... Dx

Wow Panda, going back to male is going to be a bit of a challenge. I second what others have said about your eyebrows...I also think that when testosterone kicks back in (assuming you're going off AA's and/or starting testosterone replacement?) your skin will get a bit rougher, which will help. I can see you living as male in the future but I think some of that is going to depend on hormones.
  •  

sad panda

Thanks guys for all your feedback. (:

I'm gonna experiment with my brows and clothes and stuff at some point. I'm trying to get the courage to even stop hormones or present male/andro but it is hard right now. The bf and I basically decided to go open for now and I'm trying to picture who my dating pool even is... lol. I have not had to honestly think about it in a long time. D'=
  •  

sad panda

So I'm hesitant to even post this cuz I think I look ridiculous lol but I tried... (sorry working with the stuff I own over here lol)

http://i.imgur.com/f2vXGoY.jpg

What do you think? Any better and What gender? I really have gotten gender blind somehow. Though in person my head looks so small, I look like Miley Cyrus =\
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: sad panda on April 29, 2014, 12:47:51 AM
So I'm hesitant to even post this cuz I think I look ridiculous lol but I tried... (sorry working with the stuff I own over here lol)

http://i.imgur.com/f2vXGoY.jpg

What do you think? Any better and What gender? I really have gotten gender blind somehow. Though in person my head looks so small, I look like Miley Cyrus =\

Actually? You pull your hair backand put on a more boyish shirt, I could actually see a totally cute boy. Even this way, you kind look like an 18th century cabin boy or whatever those younger seamen were called or something xD midshipman..whatever. except the earringss xD
  •  

sad panda

Quote from: Abbyxo on April 29, 2014, 12:51:47 AM
Actually? You pull your hair backand put on a more boyish shirt, I could actually see a totally cute boy. Even this way, you kind look like an 18th cabin boy or whatever those younger seamen were called or something xD midshipman..whatever. except the earringss xD

Hah, really? Yay :3 I don't know what those are lol but don't mind as long as i could pass. I'll just be a cute lil boy forever :D

Thanksssssss <3
  •  

Mickie

It's interesting, I'm at work and no one had said anything about me shaving :P
I still am intimidated a bit about going into cvs and buying makeup to cover my stubble. 
By here, have an at work pic!

I think my longer hair is making a difference...
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Mickie on April 29, 2014, 05:11:41 PM
It's interesting, I'm at work and no one had said anything about me shaving :P
I still am intimidated a bit about going into cvs and buying makeup to cover my stubble. 
By here, have an at work pic!

I think my longer hair is making a difference...

Relax Mickie, the gals are there to sell stuff to customers, they really enjoy selling makeup to born males. The gals that work at department store makeup kiosks love to give you a makeover and send you home with loads of product. They're all nice, very sweet and chatty and usually pretty, it can be lots of fun.
  •  

Bimmer Guy

sad panda,

Wouldn't it just be the obvious things?  Stop HRT so that your T flows back in to your body, stop shaping your eyebrows, get a male haircut, wear male clothing, etc. 

Are you sure you are not ambivalent about detransitioning?

I suppose I don't understand why you don't make the above changes if you actually do desire to detransition.  It is pretty simple and logical the steps you need to take.

No disrespect meant, I am just being direct in my response to your request for feedback.
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

sad panda

Quote from: Brett on April 29, 2014, 10:24:46 PM
sad panda,

Wouldn't it just be the obvious things?  Stop HRT so that your T flows back in to your body, stop shaping your eyebrows, get a male haircut, wear male clothing, etc. 

Are you sure you are not ambivalent about detransitioning?

I suppose I don't understand why you don't make the above changes if you actually do desire to detransition.  It is pretty simple and logical the steps you need to take.

No disrespect meant, I am just being direct in my response to your request for feedback.

Well gender presentation is not gender identity... if I can i'd like to find a good middleground. But i would at least like to be able to *present* male and not have it become some big thing, even if it's not 100%

Hmmm.. I'm gonna be hinest, it's not easy, either way really... but the fundamental truth is that I am not trans, I am not a girl and I'm only gonna hurt myself by pretending. i can't blame myself for society being wrong. :c

(oh yeah plus T just makes my skin worse. it doesn't necessarily make me pass as a boy anyway but I know i'm being dramatic and all things being stereotypical male I could pass... but it's like, and give up who I am to get there? That is dumb.)
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Agreed 100% Sad Panda. I had trouble passing as male in detransition and even though my hair was short it was because of those dernn bangs, everybody thought i was a lezzie. But femininity is apart of me, just like you. I think part of the reason I'm in transition now was because I was pushing myself too hard to be male by the end just so I could pass...ending up with a crew, dressing ways I didn't like to dress, and losing myself in it, ya know? So I had a dysphoria crash because I was trying too hard to look a certain part, that I was denying another part of myself.

It's not so much about 'passing' as one gender or the other..it's about BEING the gender you are but expressing yourself however is most comfortable.

I feel male some days tbh. I've cme to the conclusion I really am just bigender/genderfluid. And you know, I don't pass as one anymore...not that I couldn't if I tried by cutting my hair (id rather die) and stopping hormones, but I don't want to try and I shouldn't have to try. I should be able to keep taking hormones and growing my hair and STILL be able to think of myself as a boy when I want to, even if I look very very feminine.

And, yeah, lately I dress in boys clothes and refer to myself as one sometimes...and no, I don't pass as one, and I've been told that multiple times (even by a random neighbor), but I dont care. My family accepts me, and the people I love accept me...wheter I wanna be a boy, girl, or both. What's more is *I* am starting to accept me, and am okay looking like an elf boy, at best, haha.

But yeah, that's how I see it. You shouldn't sacrifice apart of your identity for another part. You can be feminine and be a boy, masculine and be a girl, etc etc, whatever you want. You can mix and match.
  •  

sad panda

Quote from: Abbyxo on April 29, 2014, 11:24:33 PM
Agreed 100% Sad Panda. I had trouble passing as male in detransition and even though my hair was short it was because of those dernn bangs, everybody thought i was a lezzie. But femininity is apart of me, just like you. I think part of the reason I'm in transition now was because I was pushing myself too hard to be male by the end just so I could pass...ending up with a crew, dressing ways I didn't like to dress, and losing myself in it, ya know?

It's not so much about 'passing' as one gender or the other..it's about BEING the gender you are but expressing yourself however is most comfortable.

I feel male some days tbh. I've cme to the conclusion I really am just bigender/genderfluid. And you know, I don't pass as one anymore...not that I couldn't if I tried by cutting my hair (id rather die) and stopping hormones, but I don't want to try and I shouldn't have to try. I should be able to keep taking hormones and growing my hair and STILL be able to think of myself as a boy when I want to, even if I look very feminine.

But yeah, that's how I see it. You shouldn't sacrifice apart of your identity for another part. You can be feminine and be a boy, masculine and be a girl, etc etc, whatever you want. You can mix and match.

Uh huh. I know why i transitioned... it was mental illness. It was to fill a void. It was to find an identity. It was to be someing for someone else.

How can I get better if I reinforce the decisions i made wrongly when i was less aware? i know they were wrong. Cuz they changed my way of thinking in a very bad way and muted my internal self in preference of a stereotype. That became my everything. some stupid stereotype, not me. I repressd me if it didn't fit. The point is i copied... I stole an identity, I didn't find one inside me.

Problem is i actually AM feminine, I transitioned because I knew it wouldn't be a stretch. I knew I would transition very well. That's why I threw myself into transitioning to fill that hole rather than like, becoming a mormon or something. But, I still didn't do it for the right reasons and it never would gave been a healthy state for me to be in. Cuz to get healthy i have to grow out of the bad ways of thinking that kept me stuck in transition when--and here is the point-- i just didn't want to be. Ofc being female let me explore/get involved in girly ings I liked a lot easier, and just because it's not me to stay trans i don't want to give those up either. .. I just want to be me, and for once in my life i can *truthfully* say that I am not worse for being different. I am not wrong. i still have to live in the real world, but I am not wrong. And abby neither are you. I'm proud of you for you finding where you can be you as well. (:
  •  

barbie

At a small university town about 1 hour ago,
just before having a brief meal for dinner.
My graduate student took the photo for me.
It is a little bit chilly at night, but will be like summer tomorrow.

I purchased the bag and shoes at Walmart and Payless shoes in Big Island, Hawaii, two weeks ago.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: barbie on April 30, 2014, 04:57:03 AM
At a small university town about 1 hour ago,
just before having a brief meal for dinner.
My graduate student took the photo for me.
It is a little bit chilly at night, but will be like summer tomorrow.

I purchased the bag and shoes at Walmart and Payless shoes in Big Island, Hawaii, two weeks ago.

barbie~~

you look great, look smart & classy :)

lovely shoes too .. gotta love Payless hey  ;D
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Quote from: sad panda on April 29, 2014, 10:58:21 PM
Well gender presentation is not gender identity... if I can i'd like to find a good middleground. But i would at least like to be able to *present* male and not have it become some big thing, even if it's not 100%

Hmmm.. I'm gonna be hinest, it's not easy, either way really... but the fundamental truth is that I am not trans, I am not a girl and I'm only gonna hurt myself by pretending. i can't blame myself for society being wrong. :c

(oh yeah plus T just makes my skin worse. it doesn't necessarily make me pass as a boy anyway but I know i'm being dramatic and all things being stereotypical male I could pass... but it's like, and give up who I am to get there? That is dumb.)

Ok.  I also now just read a post where you said you are trying to get up the courage to go off hormones.  I wish you luck on your journey of figuring out where you want to land and landing there.   :) 
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

barbie

Quote from: DianaVV on April 30, 2014, 05:08:12 AM
you look great, look smart & classy :)

lovely shoes too .. gotta love Payless hey  ;D

Ha, thanks, Diana,

When I posted this photo in Facebook, all of friends who clicked 'Like' were female. It is strange that no male friend yet clicked 'Like'. For other photos of me, usually male friends click 'Like'.

Yes. I like shoes from Payless. They are affordable, but comfortable to wear and stylish. Strangely, some female friends say that I should not wear such cheap shoes. I can not afford to purchase shoes at > US$100.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: barbie on April 30, 2014, 11:38:37 PM
Ha, thanks, Diana,

When I posted this photo in Facebook, all of friends who clicked 'Like' were female. It is strange that no male friend yet clicked 'Like'. For other photos of me, usually male friends click 'Like'.

Yes. I like shoes from Payless. They are affordable, but comfortable to wear and stylish. Strangely, some female friends say that I should not wear such cheap shoes. I can not afford to purchase shoes at > US$100.

barbie~~

Barbie, you're so friggin cool.  You always look amazing and I think it's so cool how you're so comfortable with yourself while not fully transitioning.  Just wanted to say that. :D
  •