News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbie

Quote from: Lara the Lover and the Fighter on May 03, 2014, 07:48:53 AM
Barbie, you're so friggin cool.  You always look amazing and I think it's so cool how you're so comfortable with yourself while not fully transitioning.  Just wanted to say that. :D

Lara, Thanks!

Yes. Nowadays I wear skirt while meeting with other families, and I feel it is comfortable both emotionally and physically. In addition, wearing skirt everyday has greatly reduced the occurrence of pimples in my buttocks, as it maximizes ventilation. My kids seem to become more familiar with my wearing skirts, as they complain less. My little daughter is so much playful, raising my skirt to see my underwear.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

Getting up early at 4 AM, coming to my office, without face washing. It is Sunday morning, and still chilly a little bit. One-piece dress is so much comfortable, and I can use it as my sleepwear too. And even without underwear panty. I purchased it at Walmart while visiting Hawaii 3 weeks ago.

Hopefully, I will look all right for everybody, including my family.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

ethereal-ineffability

Barbie, you look stunning!! You rock that outfit!
  •  

mythy

Quote from: Mickie on February 21, 2014, 08:32:15 PM
Haha, yess!!!
I tried that hair thing that Natalie used :P

So, only one question...
Short? Or long?

Long!! I think you would look good with both cuts because of the bangs but I like the long one.
  •  

ethereal-ineffability

Loving the glasses, mythy. I don't really see completely circular ones often and I feel like they have more personality than the oval or square ones

I kinda want to put one of me here but I go for so many different looks that I dunno which one I'd even use lol
  •  

barbie

quote author=♡ Emily ♡ link=topic=98870.msg1418227#msg1418227 date=1399154285]
Ermmm... if that is Your definition of "alright" then somebody really should raise her standards. If You are "alright", then I am... like six feet under, lol :).

Looking classy and stylish, as always, Barbie :)
[/quote]

Quote from: ethereal-ineffability on May 03, 2014, 05:08:17 PM
Barbie, you look stunning!! You rock that outfit!

Quote from: kate on May 03, 2014, 05:43:42 PM
Totally gorgeous! great legs

Thanks! Fortunately, my wife and kids have not yet shown any specially negative reaction.
Waiting for other people's reaction, but I think it will be OK as I look conservative.
It suddenly became chilly today, but I am wearing it anyway.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: barbie on May 03, 2014, 04:37:18 PM
Getting up early at 4 AM, coming to my office, without face washing. It is Sunday morning, and still chilly a little bit. One-piece dress is so much comfortable, and I can use it as my sleepwear too. And even without underwear panty. I purchased it at Walmart while visiting Hawaii 3 weeks ago.

Hopefully, I will look all right for everybody, including my family.

barbie~~

Great look - love the outfit!! :D
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Video in boy mode, no makeup, hair hidden, using my natural voice instead of female (and taking advantage of the fact I have a coold to make my vouce sound a little less femme):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90025789@N05/14095005656/

It seems like I wear that hoodie a ton, but it's like all my clothes are female now haha. And it's perfect for boy mode cause it's baggy and can hide my hair. But, yeah, excuse the sniffling and general grossness...not my most glamorous!

How would y'all gender me? Be honest cause I'm genderfluidish and I really don't care either way :D
  •  

L G

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on May 06, 2014, 02:06:25 PM
Your boy mode sucks, to be honest :).  But I know You dont care, cause You said that Yourself  :D

Yeah, your boy mode is not a boy mode.
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: kate on May 06, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Your natural voice is far more feminine than my feminine voice.u

Really? I wouldn't have thought, cuz the rest of you is suuper femme :)
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Abbyxo on May 06, 2014, 02:02:29 PM
Video in boy mode, no makeup, hair hidden, using my natural voice instead of female (and taking advantage of the fact I have a coold to make my vouce sound a little less femme):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/90025789@N05/14095005656/

It seems like I wear that hoodie a ton, but it's like all my clothes are female now haha. And it's perfect for boy mode cause it's baggy and can hide my hair. But, yeah, excuse the sniffling and general grossness...not my most glamorous!

How would y'all gender me? Be honest cause I'm genderfluidish and I really don't care either way :D

Well, Sad Panda said that he was hurt by some comments on his female looks. And I really don't want to hurt anyone. But I'm seeing a complete male fail in every way - face, body, voice... I'm sorry hon.  :-\
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Ohh, I'm not hurt, FA. Sad Panda is identifying as male, so that's why he was hurt, I think. I'm not, I'm more mixed. And I get that a lot like...a neighbor actually recently called me out on 'trying to be a boy'...ohh the irony! Even before, when I was living as a gay male people always thought I was a lezzie, even at LGBT stuff :p

But, yeah I generally present female so it's no worries. It's just..weird, i guess, that it takes a lot of concentrated effort to even pass as a boy. That's good and bad at the same time, I guess xD
  •  

sad panda

@FA

I wasn't really hurt, but I did want to clarify that I thought it was wrong to make comments like:

Quote from: L G on May 06, 2014, 02:20:53 PM
Yeah, as is your boy mode is not a boy mode.

Which are policing... even if they are well intentioned. I just want people to be aware of that, you know? All ya gotta do people, is think about what you are emphasizing... "I would mistake you for a girl" not "that is not boy mode." Easy, right? :)

It's not okay just cuz someone is actually trans either. Just think about it. You wouldn't say that to an unpassable MTF, that they weren't presenting female just because they looked masculine. It takes thinking about these things to not reinforce them.

•  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on May 06, 2014, 02:53:55 PM
So, now we have an example of vanity in andro section too... Dear, dear Abby - I am so frickin jealous and I love and hate You at the same time :) :) :)

Vanity lol! Grrl, I looked a hot mess in that vid haha. I can be vain but that was more raaw and natural ;)
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: sad panda on May 06, 2014, 02:57:27 PM
All ya gotta do people, is think about what you are emphasizing... "I would mistake you for a girl" not "that is not boy mode." Easy, right? :)

I agree with this. Cause like when I present as a guy it means I feel like a guy even if I don't look like one. I'm just very genderfluid, but I generally prefer to present female so that's why I'm taking hormoes and growing out my hair. But still. Some days I doo feel more male and it should be okay that I don't necessarily pass that way. Like what about what about pre T transmen? Or non-T. Like it should be...if you identify as something, that's what you are.

But still, I appreciate the other users' intentions and I amm glad that I pass well, at the end, regardless of all the rest, so you thank you guys for giving your honest opinions.
  •  

L G

Now I feel pretty crappy for being terrible at posting on forums. I am far to reliant on inflection in my statements. My statement was only as it was because I was agreeing not trying to enforce anything. My intent is lost in my inability to phrase things well.

Sorry for the poor choice of words.
  •  

sad panda

Quote from: L G on May 06, 2014, 03:19:41 PM
Now I feel pretty crappy for being terrible at posting on forums. I am far to reliant on inflection in my statements. My statement was only as it was because I was agreeing not trying to enforce anything. My intent is lost in my inability to phrase things well.

Sorry for the poor choice of words.

Yeah I'm so sorry to single your post out!!! It's not just you, and I know you didn't mean anything at all by it, it's just something I think people naturally aren't too conscious of. I mean I do it all the time too, I just have to check myself. :)
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: kate on May 06, 2014, 03:22:25 PM
Those photos were good angles and lighting, but thank you! :P

My voice isn;t very good imo, i work on the phones most days and always get 'mate' or 'sir' lol. I had this one guy explain to me how "us men" should realise that "we" are mere morons compared to women. I was like uh huh...

Sorry i didn;t mean to offend you about your natural voice, i just wanted to say how feminine it sounds (i hope i am wording this right)

Haha you're not offending me at all babe ;) and you must be reaally good at taking pics then cuz everyone I've seen of you is super pretty!
  •