Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sad panda

Okay I thought it was a great idea and I would make a video too!! https://www.flickr.com/photos/108831177@N03/14145871723/ that is how I am right now! :) I had a cold but it's mostly my natural voice. I'm not trying to pass as anything so.... just, yep, this is what I'm really like! Sorry it got cut off though.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: sad panda on May 06, 2014, 05:12:01 PM
Okay I thought it was a great idea and I would make a video too!! https://www.flickr.com/photos/108831177@N03/14145871723/ that is how I am right now! :) I had a cold but it's mostly my natural voice. I'm not trying to pass as anything so.... just, yep, this is what I'm really like! Sorry it got cut off though.

Okay, honest opinion - if I didn't know who you were, I'd just see and hear 'girl'. But I do also see some androgyny in your looks and voice. And I think you make a beautiful boy or girl. I think you could maybe pass as a boy again, but it'd take work. It probably would involve dressing and doing your hair more 'guyish' and stuff. T would probably help, eventually. Either way, you're a gorgeous, androgynous person just as you are.  :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

ethereal-ineffability

@Panda: You make a really cute boy. :P Can't really say what other people would assume of you but I like your style. And I also agree with FA

Awkwardish side note, Abby, you kind of look like Anne Hathaway to me? I'm probably biased in not really thinking that's such a bad deal as far as female celebrity comparisons go since she is, after all, My Queen, but idk if I was the only one who thought that (also I will take this opportunity to say, I have no idea what you were going for with your icon, but it is absolutely precious and could easily work both ways if that's what you wanted)
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Abby, I am super jealous of what seems to be the Mario on your wall. ;D

Yeah Abby, I'd have to say that at least where you're at right now, I'd gender you female. I don't know what your plans are hormonally, but if you had some more testosterone in you for a while I can see you having an easier time passing as more androgynous male if you wanted to.

and sad panda - having heard your voice I can see you passing as male if you wanted to. It does sound more female, and with some of your appearance you look more female - but as FA said you do have some androgynous features and could pass as male again.

To me both of you seem to be in the position of an early transition FTM. The issue isn't so much the way you present in terms of clothes and behaviour, as it is just your physical features and lack of masculinization which make your actual physical sex appear to be female. Fortunately, if you wish, that could be changed. If not, you both look great the way you are and if you are happy, that's truly all that matters.
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Wellll, I'm not so much in the position of an early on FtM because I do plan on continuing to transition. I probably should have mentioned that. I'm a bit fluid in my sense of gender but I am going to keep transitioning. It's just some days I feel like a guy a bit...and then on those days I do feel like an FtM. Partly cuz too, I'm treated like a girl by most people still, at this point. So it's a weird experience of feeling trans either way.

But, yes, Mario! I have an entiree thingy like..all on my wall. Donkey Kong, Peach Mario. And then there's my fluffy pilllow. Haha...I'm so immature...

And thank you Ethereal, I love her! I love that username btw. I love the whole concept of ethereal type beauty. I feel like that's closely tied with androgyny, which I also love. I wish we could live in a gender transcendant world where everyone was androgynous, but then again maybe the most beautiful things are best left the rarest.

But ohhhmigosh SP, so keewtt ^_^ I've never seen a video of you adorabuubles. We still have to meet by the way, it's been so long, now!
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Ah OK, I wasn't 100% sure how you were planning on proceeding with the gender stuff. Thanks for the clarification. :)

All those??? Where did you get them? I might consider purchasing for myself. You know, when I actually have money. Which may be never.
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: birkin on May 06, 2014, 05:55:31 PM
Ah OK, I wasn't 100% sure how you were planning on proceeding with the gender stuff. Thanks for the clarification. :)

All those??? Where did you get them? I might consider purchasing for myself. You know, when I actually have money. Which may be never.

Yes! It's like the whole level...like Donkey on one end holding Peach captive and throwing barrels at Mario. Then there's like a whole Atari Astroids one on the other wall haha.

I'm not sure tho! It might have been home depot or the party store here that we got those, I can't remember,tbh. You couldprobably find em online tho.

EDIT:

I should add I'm a major Nintendo fangirl, by the way xD I live for Zelda and if I were to be a boy again Linkwould be my role model for how I would wanna be.
  •  

sad panda

Awww, thanks everyone (: whatever I am I am feeling really happy about all this stuff lately.

@abby Link is so funny.  :D my lovespiration from zelda stuff is Ghirahim. He's so... hah, idk.

•  

FalseHybridPrincess

@sad panda
cool,you look very androgynous and Im sure that if you want to you ll be able to pass even more as a guy ....

so ,eer Im still on the androgynous train I guess... I dont want to look androgynous, at least not that much, but Im kinda stuck...
you guys know I want to look female...but do I at least look alright for now?
I got grey contact lenses XD

http://postimg.org/image/8lxn5hasv/
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

Adam (birkin)

Quote from: ethereal-ineffability on May 06, 2014, 05:26:11 PM
Awkwardish side note, Abby, you kind of look like Anne Hathaway to me?

OK, I couldn't resist posting this video

•  

jussmoi4nao

I've decided I want to recruit for the Cullen coven lol:

I been going less femme last couple weeks, i kinda think androgynous looks are just more fun tbh.
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Quote from: Shantel on May 07, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
Abby,
    If I had your looks and was tall and slender like you I think I'd be giving Angrej Pejic some stiff competition as a model in the fashion industry.

Aww, Shan, you're too sweet!
  •  

@Diana

Agreed with Auntie Shan, Abby you are stunning :)
  •  

EllieM

Abby, gotta say, me too. Whew! Gorgeous!
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Aww, thanks guys, you're all too sweet!
  •  

sad panda

Hah, you could so be a Cullen though. :3
  •  

sad panda

(sorta venting) Man.. I'm kinda frustrated. It's easy to accept myself as a boy when I look boyish, so why is it hard to accept myself when I don't? I mean for all that courage I gained with mySELF, like, I still had to go talk to people today, and I panicked and reverted right back to presenting like this. I was feeling self conscious so I went straight to eye makeup. I didn't have any confidence to draw from inside. :(

I'm trying to stick to my beliefs and say, I can still present like that AND be a boy, presentation is not identity, but something inside me is drowning, or like, someone inside me is laughing at myself, blaming me and hating me for not really knowing if it's worse to be invisible (as not normal).. but only for your body, or way too visible and maybe hated just to assert your identity.

I keep trying to act like I know what I want hoping someday I will believe it.  :-\

Gender is such a mess :(
  •  

jussmoi4nao

@Sad Panda,

"I guess I keep acting like I know what I want hoping I'll believe it"

Such truthh...you're like...my long lost 8th sibling haha.

It's funny, cause I got all dolled up for the first time in a while yesterday, too, and I wasn't sure why I just felt like doing it. And here's the thing I'm realizing...

Like...I think the thing about making sense of our stupid society...it's about finding the gender that's most comfortable for the world to see you as and making that you're dominant presentation. And realize if you decide to keep presenting female that doesn't mean you can't be androgynous or mess with gender or present as a boy (whether you pass or not).

Like..do you want the world to see a boy in you? Or do you secretly still want them to see a girl? Thats the question. I feel like...you still have soome gender identity issues beyond the presentation problems and housing, bf, etc issues that you've been reluctant to recognize.

Anyway, I'm here for you. Genders just a thing. If you can, the best option would be to say F it I'ma wear this and not care what people say and just sorta let go of your internal sense of gender, altogether, which is what I've been trying to do. I'll be like....I'm wearing this outfit or this makeup, and I have boobs and a dick and whatever that makes me I am and whatever people think of me, they can, because I don't care.

So you just kinda have to let go. Recognize the realities of your body. Wear what looks good and say f*ck the rest.
  •  

BunnyBee

Abby and Panda, I would think one of you was an anomaly, but here you are, two peas in a pod, and you've screwed my mind up about gender more than anybody else.  It's a good thing probably, cause it just makes me question assumptions I made about what gender even is, which I didn't even know I was making.  I can't even do the easy thing and be dismissive because there are two of you saying the same thing, and you are both rejecting a system which should absolutely be benefitting you if you would simply buy into it, which lends credibility to what you say.   Anyway, congrats on making me think, and making my head hurt.

It hurts because of, like growing pains.  It's not a bad thing..
  •  

jussmoi4nao

Jen,

Yeah, I was really shocked last September when I decided to detransition that Panda was going through the same thing I was at the time...we'd been friends for a while but we both kept those issues a secret.

The funny thing is, the reason my detransition experience was so negative and the reason I decided to retransition was because of the stuff I'm talking about. I felt ostracized even by the LGBT community for being so femme (and I continually passed as female) so I cut my hair to almost a crew and started dressing more butch to fit into those gender roles...and then the whole 'selective service' thing, I couldnt deal. I couldn't handle being a guy cause I kept having this...outdated idea of masculinity forced on me.

But, yeah. The problem is transition isn't necessarily an optimal option either. But it's the most comfortable fit with the way society is, but it's kinda like the lesser of two evils, for me at least. So I try to find ways to make it a little more bearable. But it sucks I have to fit into one side.

But, yeah, I'm glad if you're able to take something away from these convos!  Think there are lots more out there like us, they just don't let on or refuse to accept it in themselves.
  •