Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dread_Faery

I might just love myself a teensy tiny bit :laugh:
And selfies might be one of my favourite things.

Having read about your journey to the forest I can see similarities between us. I definitely did the whole binary identified thing as it got me what I wanted, which was physical transition, and I certainly wore it like a protective cloak to start with. There's always lots of chatter in the MtF forum about doing feminine things, or sitting like a woman and countless other things like that, and I always had the line that if your were female identified then anything you did was feminine because it was you were doing it. In retrospect I was not really binary pre transition so it makes sense that I wouldn't be post transition. I'm exploring things, I view gender as a purely social construct that we can play with however we choose, it's just trying to figure out where I fit within things given that I was never in any doubt about being female bodied.

I also realised I missed out a don't before the first identify.
  •  

EchelonHunt

OOh, Dread_Faery, I'm loving how you look! The tattoos, make-up, hair-do, wow, wow, wow! I would have never guessed you were MAAB and I am happy you have joined the Non-Binary section. When you speak of identifying binary to get physical transition, I can completely relate to that as I have done that in the past (and will continue to do so).

I have already posted pics of myself before but they were my usual everyday appearance, with no-make-up or wigs involved.

Today, I decided to do something totally different! I decided to play around with make-up for the first time after practicing on and off, and tried on a brown wig which I absolutely love and would like to grow out my hair to the wig's length.

What's the initial impression does everyone get? Feminine, Masculine or just Alright? ;) Very curious!

•  

Alice Rogers

Quote from: EchelonHunt on September 18, 2014, 10:42:58 AM
OOh, Dread_Faery, I'm loving how you look! The tattoos, make-up, hair-do, wow, wow, wow! I would have never guessed you were MAAB and I am happy you have joined the Non-Binary section. When you speak of identifying binary to get physical transition, I can completely relate to that as I have done that in the past (and will continue to do so).

I have already posted pics of myself before but they were my usual everyday appearance, with no-make-up or wigs involved.

Today, I decided to do something totally different! I decided to play around with make-up for the first time after practicing on and off, and tried on a brown wig which I absolutely love and would like to grow out my hair to the wig's length.

What's the initial impression does everyone get? Feminine, Masculine or just Alright? ;) Very curious!

I see a face that would come alive if there was a smile on it!
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

EchelonHunt

Quote from: Alice Rogers on September 18, 2014, 10:44:57 AM
I see a face that would come alive if there was a smile on it!

You got me!  ;D I had trouble smiling tonight for some reason but this was the only decent smile photo out of them all.

•  

Dread_Faery

Quote from: EchelonHunt on September 18, 2014, 10:49:21 AM
You got me!  ;D I had trouble smiling tonight for some reason but this was the only decent smile photo out of them all.

You have a nice smile :)
  •  

Alice Rogers

Much better hun!

I manage smiles but I am self conscious about my teeth so I keep it tight lipped.
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: EchelonHunt on September 18, 2014, 10:49:21 AM

Very cute, you're all cute kids here really! 

xox Auntie Shan
  •  

Mickie

Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on September 29, 2014, 02:45:50 PM
Alright? Nor not alright? :)

NICE! I love the hair!  You always pick awesome outfits but your skin looks awesome. 
  •  

Sammy

Thanks :) - hair is kinda messy, actually :). So, I got skin, You got boobs - can't get everything :) :) :)
  •  

Dread_Faery

I'd say heading past alright and firmly into the hawt territory  ;)
  •  

Sammy

Quote from: Dread_Faery on September 29, 2014, 03:09:08 PM
I'd say heading past alright and firmly into the hawt territory  ;)

Geez... I hope not :)
  •  

Lara the Lover and the Fighter

•  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

Sammy

Thanks everyone again - Lara, Dread_Faery, Shanty.
Barbie - I liked that. Being neat is.. cool :)
My colleague commented my new outfit today (I went to work dressed as in pic, except I went for blue jeans instead of black) - she said that new jacket looks feminine and asked if that was actually male - I said that it should be, because it buttons towards right side but I dont rellly care anymore :).
  •  

jname

•  

Sammy

Quote from: jname on September 30, 2014, 09:08:54 AM
People still think your male??

Dunno, nobody says a thing and pretty much treat me as usual. Though, cases when peeps in male restrooms become slightly confused and double check if door has "M" sign are becoming more often. But they dont say anything, nor even look at me afterwards.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on September 30, 2014, 09:13:44 AM
Dunno, nobody says a thing and pretty much treat me as usual. Though, cases when peeps in male restrooms become slightly confused and double check if door has "M" sign are becoming more often. But they dont say anything, nor even look at me afterwards.

Yes. It is a universal problem for transgenders around the world.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Sammy

Quote from: barbie on September 30, 2014, 03:08:26 PM
Yes. It is a universal problem for transgenders around the world.

barbie~~

Dunno, recently I am starting to think that it is their problem, not my :). And if someone will confront me... then I can always switch to extra low chest voice and say something like: "Dude, is there an issue or what?"
  •  

Jay27

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on September 30, 2014, 03:13:35 PM
Dunno, recently I am starting to think that it is their problem, not my :). And if someone will confront me... then I can always switch to extra low chest voice and say something like: "Dude, is there an issue or what?"
I find that in male restrooms, there is much less chit-chat and loitering. You go in, do your business, and get out. It's highly unlikely that anyone will confront you, but if they do, you can just give them that "what?" look. 
  •