Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison Wunderland

Photo is not posting. Yeah, as a matter of fact, I DO understand what I'm doing . . .

"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •  

Valerie_6966

I'm new to this site, and forums in general so I'm probably going to post this picture wrong.. but if it does work thennnnnnnnn

•  

V M

Quote from: Allison Wunderland on July 14, 2015, 02:21:31 PM
Photo is not posting. Yeah, as a matter of fact, I DO understand what I'm doing . . .

Have you tried using Photobucket, imgur or one of the other image hosting sites? Much easier to use

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

katrinaw

Quote from: Valerie_6966 on July 14, 2015, 02:44:18 PM
I'm new to this site, and forums in general so I'm probably going to post this picture wrong.. but if it does work thennnnnnnnn

Hi Valerie

Beautiful, so attractive and so feminine xx

Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Allison Wunderland

Quote from: V M on July 14, 2015, 09:47:11 PM
Have you tried using Photobucket, imgur or one of the other image hosting sites? Much easier to use

Hugs

I have photobucket -- haven't used it in so long I forgot what it was named. Every other forum online links off phones, like facebite. I look like an old fart, 67, in need of a shave, shoulder length hair, 6 earrings. Local women wear "week-end beach casual" -- North Oregon Coast. That's what we wear, beach sandals, pants, tank top, T shirt, pull-overs/hoodies. This clothing is functional, adapts to changing weather -- and some panache in it once you figure out it's not a prom dress. (I own prom dresses; I don't go out in them.)

Someone related to my starting HRT, asked, "Have you picked out a new name?"

"I'm still Geo., still me. Always have been. I'm not changing who I am. I'm changing how I feel about who I am."

Authentic, integrated, and with seamless continuity . . . "me" . . . Allison has been around forever, but it's a "nom de plume" and a disguise. It's not me, out now!
"Let us appropriate & subvert the semiotic hegemony of the hetero-normative dyad."

"My performativity has changed since reading Dr. Judith Butler, Ph.D., Berkeley."
  •  

Allison Wunderland

OK -- figgerd Foto-Bukit . . .

This is me, in my head --

Paradise Harley-Davidson hired the Hooter's Girls for the shop's 11th B'day! They're all very, very sweet. Of course they are! They're working for TIPS ! ! !

This is me, NOT on drugs -- Thank GAWD marijuana is LEGAL in this state! (Hair past the shoulders, tied back.)

Most of the cis-girls with whom I am dear pals agree entirely with me.

•  

Allison Wunderland

Quote from: Kimberley Beauregard on June 08, 2015, 06:48:20 AM
Gonna second this.

My mother just passed at 90 yrs. Mom was/is a fashion maven, owned a boutique w/ hand sewn fashions. And so, going through her estate I grabbed a black, Columbia brand polar-fleece, zip front pull-over. Mom's is marked "Men 2x" -- The one I already own is the SAME EXACT PULL-OVER same physical size garment -- only marked "Women 3x".

Just got $50 worth of Senior Discount stuff from GoodWill: Cargo pants/shorts,   short sleeve "golf" shirts, hoodies, pull-overs, tank tops . . . and a cotton tier skirt. Cis-woman staff says, "Nice stuff for the wife!" To which I noted, "I'm not married. This stuff is for me."

"You go girl!" and high five. Also, welcomed to try on clothes in the fitting area and not be timid. What's hilarious is that having my fashion background from mom, I show garment details to cis-women that they're not aware of, like fabric, pockets, sleeve setting, cuffs, pleats . . .

NOBODY CARES ! ! !

AND IN FACT MOST PEOPLE I MEET THINK IT'S LIBERATING AND REFRESHING THAT THIS "MAN" KNOWS PRETTY WHEN SHE SEES IT, UNDERSTANDS RUGGED DESIGN TOO!

Women buy and wear men's clothing all the time, ALL THE TIME. Mostly it's more rugged stuff, deeper pockets, fuller/looser cut, heavier fabric. No "gender" in those details!

•  

Peter Pan

This was me the other day, when I was listening to too much '80s new wave/synthpop. 8)
My dad told me I looked very male, which was awesome 'cause that's what I was going for. :D
  •  

Lady Smith

You are indeed looking 'alright' Peter Pan :D

Nice photo.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Peter Pan on August 16, 2015, 02:57:17 AM

This was me the other day, when I was listening to too much '80s new wave/synthpop. 8)
My dad told me I looked very male, which was awesome 'cause that's what I was going for. :D

You look like a handsome young man.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Peter Pan

•  

chaoticswitzerland

right after straightening my hair.
Can anyone give me tips on looking more androgynous? I was considering a slightly different hairstyle or some makeup.
  •  

Mickie

Hey chaotic! I would say in regards to androgynous looks you're correct that hair plays a big part! Maybe a pixie style or a bob? Iunno? Whateva ya like!
Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

Pica Pica

I got to play on the beach.

I also got to fly the Tardis.

But alas, I was killed by Daleks.

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Lady Smith

Grumpy old lady person.

Grumpy old lady person who has borrowed her daughter's string top.

•  

Mickie

Dude, do you even normal?
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Lady Smith on September 08, 2015, 09:41:24 AM
Grumpy old lady person who has borrowed her daughter's string top.

I am opposite to you. My little daughter always tries my new brand skirts and tops, not to mention makeup cosmetics.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lady Smith

•  

barbie

Quote from: Lady Smith on September 09, 2015, 12:41:30 AM
Barbie, my daughter borrows my shoes. :(

And, my wife also sometimes takes my clothes. Fortunately my foot size is far greater than her.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Lady Smith

Hey look, - old grumpy is smiling for a change!

The local church shop is having a sale so I took the opportunity to buy some clothing for my daughter and I.  My daughter insisted on taking a photo of me  wearing some of my new duds.  This is pretty much my chosen non-binary style by the way.

Don't be silly Mum the camera won't bite  ;)
  •