Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Official "You Look....Alright" Thread

Started by Pica Pica, May 21, 2011, 02:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julian

Inspired by the "Do you wear dresses?" thread, I put on a dress. And I feel pretty fabulous.

•  

caseyyy

Nice! ;D I love colourful dresses. I don't think I could ever wear one myself, but I think they look awesome.
  •  

espo

Christmas decorations and a sundress, very incongruent. I LOVE it !!!
  •  

Sevan

You look super duper alright Julian!! I like that dress :)
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

Pica Pica

I like the dress, and I like the dress on you. It looks right, as I'm sure many less feminine items do to - but in the case of this one, you look... alright.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Julian

Thanks, you guys! Pica, you're right; it feels right. I rarely come by dresses (that's the newest, at summer '09), but when I do, it's a perfect fit. This one is my absolute favorite.

And I didn't realize the festivity of the house was so apparent in the background.  :D Thank my mom for that.
  •  

espo

Your mom decorates a little different then mine lol
I like how your mom does it, it's nice and CLEAN, really nice.
  •  

EmmaM

I don't care if I pass in these, I don't care if I'm fabulous, I just want to be alright.

Loved.
  •  

espo

•  

EmmaM

Quote from: espo on December 27, 2011, 03:11:50 PM
You look freak'n alright me  :-))

Awww...

I'm starting laser on the 17th, so I will FINALLY be comfortable walking around without makeup as a survival tool. Then we get into the real business of living without stressing over appearance, pretty much. Makeup will be fun again (after a good long break)!
Loved.
  •  

espo

Sadly, stressing over appearance is what women do.
  •  

EmmaM

Quote from: espo on December 27, 2011, 03:25:57 PM
Sadly, stressing over appearance is what women do.

I think, if I concentrate hard enough, I might be okay for an hour. But then I would be concentrating on not concentrating, and that defeats the purpose. Gah!!!!

I was a little bit stranged out when you said "That's what women do..." I guess that's partially because I'm strange.

Anyway, I enjoyed our multithread conversation, but now I must go and get ready to eat! Adieu!
Loved.
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

caseyyy

You do. I'm amazed you haven't had any laser done already, your skin looks very smooth.
  •  

Sevan

•  

Sevan

I got some new clothes and a few hats for Christmas and so I decided to model two of my favorites :)

and

The first was store bought (LOVE the new sweater dress fashion!!) and the second was a hand made set made by my MIL :) She also made me a 20's esque clotch/beret and it's got this big crocheted bow on the side. I wasn't sure I liked it at first...but it's kinda growing on me. Ah hell. Guess I best go take a picture and just show you. ;) hehe

•  

caseyyy

Loving the outfit and hat Sevan!

I sense that we need to come up with a gender neutral term for god/goddess though? But I'm coming up dry.
  •  

Sevan

Aw thanks Casey! My SIL gave us that sign as a house warming present (pre transition for both honey and I) and it hangs over our front door. I really like it.

My bestie is non religious but very spiritual and doesn't much like the connotation (negative) that can go with most dieties (from a non religious stand point especially.) and she came up with the term Godness. It's a play on "Goodness" and "God" and I dig it. It does still have "God" in it, which could be male if you wanted to take it that way but..."Good" is neither male nor female, or definitely both...it's a thought.

•  

Sevan

Front:

Side (ish):

It was the bow thingy that kinda threw me and made me not like it so much...but it's super duper soft and I can ignore the bow. Its a throw back for me to jr high when I used to wear a beret alot. T'was a bad time generally speaking but I struck out and started to find my sense of style so there is that.

•  

EmmaM

Y'all are too nice :)

I like your Columbia jacket there, Sevan. Does it get frigid up there where you stay?
Loved.
  •