Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Scared of getting stuck in high voice

Started by ~RoadToTrista~, May 27, 2011, 10:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~RoadToTrista~

I've been practicing with my voice over the past few days, I realized it's probably a good idea to start now since I'm not transitioning yet. It feels much more liberated. ^.^ Especially after almost a year, since back then I had trouble raising the pitch of my voice at all. I don't know if I sound female, hard to tell what my speaking voice sounds like unless I hear it off a recording. I'm kinda held back though, I'm still in the closet and I noticed I have to make my voice increasingly lower to get passed like, this wall between my masculine and feminine voice range? It makes me nervous. I read about some chick getting stuck in her female voice and she had to reveal it to her wife, although she did eventually get it back to her man voice.

I'm scared to practice more.
  •  

Renate

I'm not sure about "stuck", that seems more like a mental thing and usually desirable.

I have seen that progress with voice is best when you only have one voice all the time,
that is, that when you are surprised you use the only voice you have,
there is no conscious thought when you answer the phone at 3 AM.
  •