Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Where to find waxing paper

Started by Beth Andrea, May 31, 2011, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth Andrea

I get my waxing kits at a local drug store. "Sally Hansen" body kits...they work great, but don't have enough paper to use all the wax they give you.

So I tried to find some waxing paper locally and on the Net, but haven't had much luck, so I have been experimenting to find something that works so I can use up the 3+ jars of wax that I have...

Long story short, I found rolls of calculator paper work. I get them at Wal-Mart, they're about 2" wide and the rolls are about 2" diameter. The package I got had 2 rolls for $1.98!! (Don't get the thermal paper, you want regular paper.)

Got home, tried them out...and they work! Just like the original paper, there is a technique to use, but it's almost identical in performance to what is in the Sally Hansen kits...so if you can use that, you can use the calculator papers. The paper is easy to tear off the roll, you don't need scissors now. And if you tear it while waxing, it's not a prob, because hey, the roll is only $1 each, and what's a few inches when you have 50 yards of the stuff?!?

Just passin' on some info to my sisters out there... :-*
  •  

Suzy

Very cool tip.  Thanks so much!

Kristi
  •  

Janet_Girl

You can also use cloth, open weave.  But I don't think that your price can be beat.
  •  

Beth Andrea

What is "cloth, open weave"? I'd heard one could use muslin, but it didn't work for me (too flimsy, wouldn't stay stiff for the snap-n-pull of waxing...
  •  

Janet_Girl

I was going to say cheese cloth by like muslin it would not have the strength that is required for waxing.  After looking at the kit I have here, your original calculator paper would be the closest.

If you could find cloth that would have the strength and has a more open weave ( holes in the weave ), it might be cheaper if you can pay it by the yard at a low price.
  •