Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

what movie did you see last?

Started by Princess Rachel, June 04, 2011, 10:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverarrow

Gnomeo and Juliet
Tangled

I love Tangled XD Frying pans beat out swords any day lol
  •  

phantom_heart

I loved Tangeld I agree...frying pan FTW :D
  •  

Dark Angel

Finally got around to seeing Inception. Was pretty decent although it's definitely influenced by the Matrix, lol.
  •  

heatherrose

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

tekla

Was pretty decent although it's definitely influenced by the Matrix, lol.

There is a theory in the industry that there are only five movies and they keep making those same five movies over, and over, and over again.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

cynthialee

I only got about 2 thirds through it as I got distracted by life and never had the deire to continue throwing good time away. The movie was...

Plan 9 From Outer Space
[/color]
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

madirocks

Quote from: cynthialee on June 30, 2011, 09:18:02 PM
I only got about 2 thirds through it as I got distracted by life and never had the deire to continue throwing good time away. The movie was...

Plan 9 From Outer Space
[/color]

I can't believe you tried watching it  :o

Last I watched was black swan. Very interesting movie and I'm not sure how I felt about it.
  •  

April Dawne

Léon: The Professional (aka The Professional, or simply Léon)

This is an amazing film; it came out in 1994, and was written and directed by French director Luc Besson. Jean Reno, as Léon, is a professional 'cleaner' who works for a mafioso named Tony (played by Danny Aiello); Gary Oldman plays Norman Stansfield, a corrupt DEA agent; and a young Natalie Portman, in her feature film debut, plays Mathilda Lando, a 12-year-old girl who is taken in by the hitman Léon after her family is murdered by Stansfield and his men over a drug dispute. Mathilda discovers that Léon is a professional hitman and tries to convince him to help her get revenge for the killing of her 4 year-old brother by teaching her to be a 'cleaner.'

The "International Version" is much better than the standard version; if you haven't seen either, try to find the International Version.

~*Don't wanna look without seeing*~

~*Don't wanna touch without feeling*~

•  

some ftm guy

a week ago i watched Call Me Malcolm. bought it off Amazon. it was really good. 5 out of 5? I've never rated a movie before.
it's about a trans guy in his last year at seminary and he travels around the U.S talking to different people who have/are also transitioning so you see all sorts of different personalities, him and his gf were planning their wedding while not being certain who's family to invite because most either don't know he's trans, or aren't o.k with it. (mostly his parents) then he graduates from the seminary and becomes an ordained minister. and Calpernia Adams is there.
i recommend!
  •  

heatherrose

"The Sunset Limited"
Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson
Very well done. I was stunned by how much I could identify with the "Professor".
He nailed the very root of the despair I frequently experience.

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

pulsewidth

Transformers. Apparently too much action makes for a >-bleeped-<ty dialogue.
A true man never dies .. even when he's killed
  •  

justmeinoz

Bridesmaids. I give it 6out of 5! Absolutely hilarious, best watched with a group of women.

DO NOT DRINK OR EAT WHILE WATCHING IT. YOU WILL LAUGH SO MUCH YOUR ICE CREAM WILL COME OUT OF YOUR NOSE!   

You have been warned!!

Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Jayne

I went into work monday morning only to be told that i've mixed my dates up & was on holiday  :embarrassed: i've been using the time to treat myself to a film fest this week, so far i've watched:

PAUL

I Didn't find Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the dead that funny but this film kept me chuckling throughout, if you like sci-fi & having a laugh then you must watch this

Fantastic 4

I've seen both the F4 films before but decided it was time to watch them again, imagine my shock when I started crying when Things wife removed her wedding ring, the bit that really got to me was when he couldn't pick the ring up from the floor because of his oversized hands

The A Team

Funny, action packed, when I first heard of this being made I groaned & thought that they would ruin the A Team but they've picked perfect people for the parts & the writers got it spot on, can't wait for a sequel

District 9

I keep coming back to this one, at the start of the film I don't like the main character but as he is gradually transformed & his life falls apart I start to feel for his plight, alot of my friends don't rate this film but I think it's great

I could go on because i've watched films non-stop for the last 2 days but these are the best of the bunch so far, on todays must watch list is Cloverfield (great film, a very different take on the monster trashing a city theme) & Spielbergs War of the Worlds (I love seeing those tripods rampaging around America)
  •  

SaveMeJeebus

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
Need I say anymore? Read the book if you haven't already, too.
Now I have to wait for Part 2; no doubt until it comes out on DVD :/
4.5/5

Saw VII
The story lost my interest, but the traps are still whacky.
2/5 - I might have been t0o kind for this one.

Sucker Punch
Started off interesting, lost me a little bit, and then won me back again.
2/5 - Again, might have been too kind.

Wild Target

Didn't expect this to be as funny as it was. :D
3/5
  •  

Princess Rachel

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2

Sheer brilliance, it's pretty much action all the way now, from Gringotts to Hogsmede to the Battle of Hogwarts and the final end of the saga and the extra bit where they all dress up older and Ron has a beer belly.  It's an epic movie, truly epic, even though the book's been out I don't want to spoil it for those going to see the movie, but its a fitting and suitable end to the series.

•  

~RoadToTrista~

Repo! The Genetic Opera

That was an interesting movie, lol
  •  

kim_k

My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown (@imdb)

The story of Christy Brown, an Irish novelist, poet, and painter who was born with cerebral palsy and could only reliably control his left foot, which he used to create his art and express himself despite an accident of fate. There's not quite a direct (to my eyes, at least) parallel here with being trans, but it does say something about what it means to be a human. Powerful drama, and the story of a man who would be recognized for his merits whether he were handicapped or not.
  •  

madirocks

Green Lantern - I thought it was very boring. But then again, I don't care too terribly much for mindless action movies.

Sucker Punch - Fairly interesting movie. The plot had a few interesting twists in it, and you're never too terribly sure as to what's going on. But, what I loved most about the movie is the art-direction. Also, it had a fantastic soundtrack!
  •  

Keaira

I took my son to see TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON in 3D We even bought the special 3D battle masks that look like Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. It was much better than Revenge of the Fallen. Visually, it was amazing. Optimus Prime's 10,000 individual parts (Yes, that how many parts are on the CGI model) looked real enough to touch and expect to feel like steel and sheet metal. Although the first TRANSFORMERS movie is still the best in my opinion, just because when it came out, that first transformation with Blackout was absolutely jaw-dropping. I had never seen anything that complex look so real.
  •  

Kerberos

Last night had the pleasure to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2 with my lovely future wife. It was amazing, and I almost started choking up a couple times. Thankfully didn't actually cry. But it was great, one of the best in the franchise.
  •