Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shedding some light

Started by Sevan, June 05, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pica Pica

We are full of sh*t and we are proud of it

The more apt part to pull out, I feel.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Taka

thanks laurry for your long answer. those are the thoughts i've been afraid of speaking about myself because i thought i might be the only one, or that maybe the transgender community wouldn't accept me for that. makes me feel so stupid for worrying about what other people may think about me

there's still one more thing i'm wondering about.. how "normal" do you think it is to wanna switch between a male, female, and androgyne appearance?
  •  

Taka

Quote from: ativan on June 13, 2011, 05:45:39 PM
define normal.....is it normal for you? do you want it to be normal? do you want others to think it is normal?
Here in the Androgyn Forest it's not even a question. It just is.
i see.. "normal" wasn't the right word to use at all, but i couldn't figure out how to say it, and you still gave the answer i wanted. it's not like i want it to be normal, it's normal for me, and that's all i need to know, really. hmm... i guess i'll be staying here for a while
  •  

Jaimey

Well, I'd say "normal" for you is what feels natural to you.  If it's you, it's normal.  :)
If curiosity really killed the cat, I'd already be dead. :laugh:

"How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these." GWC
  •  

Pica Pica

As a wise person once said...

•  

LilDoberman

That video is full of win.

I 'came out' to a dear friend this weekend because it was
1.  Pride
and I was
2.  Drunk
and after I stumbled over about 3 sentences of 'I don't really feel like a woman and I have no idea what that would even feel like etc, etc' and she turned to me and said 'Yeah, no >-bleeped-<'.  Worked for me!   :laugh: 

I'm in my 30's and so far I've gotten pretty used to what I'm NOT.  I'm still floating around and working on the maybe's and I have a few definatess in my medicine pouch for safekeeping.  I wish we had a sign or symbol so that I could see another non-binary gendered person on the street and run up and go 'HEEEEY!!!!!'.   Until then I'll wear my one red and one blue earring and keep on being me.
--Deanne  :P
  •  

LilDoberman

Quote from: explorer on June 13, 2011, 05:25:05 PM

there's still one more thing i'm wondering about.. how "normal" do you think it is to wanna switch between a male, female, and androgyne appearance?

It's perfectly normal for some.  I wore a long wig yesterday and today I'm wearing a binder, button down shirt and vest.  *shrug*  I just go with it :)
--Deanne  :P
  •  

Sevan

Quite timely. Thank you Pica dear! Very very nice.
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

Nero

Quote from: Pica Pica on June 14, 2011, 12:18:41 PM
As a wise person once said...

Hey that's an old one. Time for a new installment, I'd say. :D
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Pica Pica

Nah, just don't have the botherment anymore.
  •  

Chermarie

First and foremost I identify as "human".
After that, things get... complicated  :-\ And I'm ok with that, even if most people aren't. I don't think I ever "truly" (whatever the h e double hockey sticks THAT means) identify completely as male or female but almost male and almost female. And of course it goes beyond outward appearance (are my nails polished today or have I cut them all off because they "felt" wrong? Is it a dress and makeup today or jeans and work boots?), it is something that I still can not quite put into words. It is simply who I am. A human being.
Though sometimes I think it would be easier to be an alien  :D
  •  

Taka

if i were an alien i'd probably have a means to change my body to whichever shape i'd be happier with at any time..

you're right, being an alien might be easier
  •  

Pica Pica

•  

LightlyLuke

•  

tundra

•  

Pica Pica

•  

tekla

Bonzo dogs only rule the pink half of your drainpipe.

They bite
They scratch
They make an awful fuss
It's no use stroking them and saying "puss puss puss"
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Padma

So Norman, if you are "normal", I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life - and I will baffle you with cabbages, and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, and sex and quotations from Now We Are Six, through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head... SO THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE...

Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

tekla

Bonzos play for Beatles in Magical Mystery Tour, the song is Death Cab for Cutie, which is where the highly derivative and fantastically bland of that name ripped it off from.

The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band Death Cab For Cutie
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •  

Pica Pica

•